[ROM]JB[Android Open Kang Project] MILESTONE 1

Search This thread

Zwarx

Jul 27, 2012
how is everyone getting butter? so far official cm9 for me is that only one without stuttering when transitioning to what ever. sorry i know this has been posted alot. but im so damn frustrated :(

You won't get true butter until we have hardware acceleration. Everyone has lag, and whether they choose to ignore it or not is their decision. Everyone's version of butter is subjective, and you should take most posts about how smooth their device is with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
Aug 22 build -- If I activate the Torch from toggles, light goes on for about 2 seconds then it turns off and System UI FCs. After it restarts, the torch toggle defaults on "Yes"/On. If I toggle it to off then back on, the process repeats with another force close on Sys. UI.

Reactions: delacrow

rg1973

Jun 6, 2006

bigwilly90210

Nov 18, 2009
Screen flicker is still there for me as well as torch toggle turns it on, then it crashes System UI. I want to love AOKP again, but I've been spoiled by Paranoid Andoid's PAD. Maybe another JB King Kang when things get more stabilized? The fact that those are the only issues I can find after using it all day (great battery btw) is an amazing testament to how incredibly skilled and quick working our devs are. Thanks for keeping us updated guys. Keeps us hardcore crack-flashers from getting the "itch" too bad. Ha.

Ltilt2

Sep 1, 2010
Los Angeles
Screen flicker is still there for me as well as torch toggle turns it on, then it crashes System UI. I want to love AOKP again, but I've been spoiled by Paranoid Andoid's PAD. Maybe another JB King Kang when things get more stabilized? The fact that those are the only issues I can find after using it all day (great battery btw) is an amazing testament to how incredibly skilled and quick working our devs are. Thanks for keeping us updated guys. Keeps us hardcore crack-flashers from getting the "itch" too bad. Ha.

Try going to System/buildprop: look for debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2 <<<<<<<make sure its a 2 some might have 3. Change it to 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
The included camera only goes to 3 megapixels, I tried ICS camera in the market but it didn't work. Are you guys using some other camera? Or is 3mp all we get for now?

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Aug 22 build -- If I activate the Torch from toggles, light goes on for about 2 seconds then it turns off and System UI FCs. After it restarts, the torch toggle defaults on "Yes"/On. If I toggle it to off then back on, the process repeats with another force close on Sys. UI.

same here nice find . ill look into it

stgeorge88

Dec 3, 2009
Toronto
Extremely smooth and stable thanks a lot for the good work !
Couple of feature requests

Option to turn off touch button light
LTE toggle
screen brightness toggle

I'm used to having these buttons but even without them I'm still using this as daily driver for the butter!

PS weather unit is always imperial even when metric is checked.

Last edited:

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal

Same here.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

you guys can confirm it wasnt broken on august 19 build right ? build one broke it for me it seem but i cant find whatthey changed that woudl have broke it , im going to look into removing the commits I added and test more .

night_dragon

Jun 28, 2010
Update

When I flashed the Aug 19 build I noticed the only thing I could not get to work was the ability to make wifi calls using groove ip, talk2tone, and vonage mobile app. I'm wondering if this Aug. 22 build fixed this or if maybe this is a "Jelly Bean" issue or just plainly I am doing something wrong lol. Any help would be greatly appriciated

I just flashed the Aug 22 build and all is well...WiFi calling is working .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. MAKE A NANDROID
    2. wipe data/factory reset in recovery (I didn't)
    3. flash ROM
    4. flash Gapps (jelly beans_)
    5. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Current build downlad link :

_ AOKP _

Credits:
    • Cyanogenmod
    • All the folks at #teamkang
    contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.
    Donate to sixstringsg
    Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to CyanogenMod
    Donate to DAGr8

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Note: Some changes are still on their way through gerrit, so the I717 will not be buildable via source yet.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    just in case .
    with all the drama buildign up im glad i stayed away while I was sorting my build issues and setting up the tree so aokp JB can be build form source by anyone for the i717 ..

Ihave anew build ready that fixes the reboot onthe lockscreens ( I was having lots of them ) it also made my cherry picks obsolete since they were all made default ..

Im not gonna release since there is a way to get video camera working now , i ll work on that for aokp and then ill update op ..
    dafoxs thats weird im currently on king kang and it has it //

just got confirmation today guys Build_5 will be official , most likely AOKP releases on Sunday for new releases ...

so form now on the release will be pure aokp no cherry picks , King kang will have cherry and jelly beans on top ofc ...