Android 4.2 Camera

Search This thread

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does anyone have a fully working photosphere camera zip? Seems as this link is broken... Would love to use photosphere when I head to orange beach this weekend

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

nbunn

Oct 1, 2009
Does anyone have a fully working photosphere camera zip? Seems as this link is broken... Would love to use photosphere when I head to orange beach this weekend

Where are you from? I was down there 2 weekends ago for a Taekwondo tournament.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Where are you from? I was down there 2 weekends ago for a Taekwondo tournament.

Wayyy down in south Louisiana bro. We gonna haul ass there Thursday and stay till Monday. Much needed mini vacation.. The wife's sister is getting married on the beach

nbunn

Oct 1, 2009
Wayyy down in south Louisiana bro. We gonna haul ass there Thursday and stay till Monday. Much needed mini vacation.. The wife's sister is getting married on the beach

We actually saw 2 weddings right outside our hotel. Pretty neat.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369230100901.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369230100901.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: InflatedTitan

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I have one from androidpolice. But it lacks features, settings, And quality

Check the SlimBean thread. There is a patched camera with photosphere linked in the OP and I'm almost positive that it's the one from this thread. If not, I have it at home and will upload it to my dropbox for ya when I get there. Just let me know if you still need it.

Here's the link to SlimBean

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2230754

cocinci

Oct 24, 2012
Hey guys this camera doesn't work in sense 5, the gallery works fine though. Can anyone confirm please?

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Hey guys this camera doesn't work in sense 5, the gallery works fine though. Can anyone confirm please?

This is for AOSP ROMs. It won't work on a Sense ROM.

I haven't tried this particular one, but InsertCoin ROM has this as an option (with photosphere etc) and it works great. best of both worlds. 4.2 camera AND Sense camera :)

What is InsertCoin ROM? I've never seen a ROM that had both the Sense and AOSP camera available to use.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

What is InsertCoin ROM? I've never seen a ROM that had both the Sense and AOSP camera available to use.

It works on sense ROMs. You'll just have 2 cameras and 2 galleries. But they will work side by side.

Edit: not 100% about EVERY sense ROM... But so far its worked on the ones I've used.. Never tried it on sense 5 yet though

Reactions: pside15

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
It works on sense ROMs. You'll just have 2 cameras and 2 galleries. But they will work side by side.

Edit: not 100% about EVERY sense ROM... But so far its worked on the ones I've used.. Never tried it on sense 5 yet though

Learn something new every day, I suppose.

cocinci

Oct 24, 2012

It worked for me in sense 4 viperXL. And worked really good btw. I switched to sense 5 cuz its so much better and the camera crashes, but the super responsive and smooth gallery still works :D. I've noticed that the sense galleries are always not as responsive as the AOSP one. On AOSP gallery there is no delay, but in sense gallery (which is very smooth too) there is a slight delay to the touch...

Reactions: pside15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to chongo for finding the cam and making the zip.

http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1227

This cam is really bad ass, it really makes me want to stick to aosp now.
    So i flashed it yesterday and everything was ok and fine for the first time ever the photoshpere was working i was so amazed and when i was taking a pic today the camera Force closed on me and re opened it and it was working fine but now i cant view photosphere pictures it has the photosphere option but cant view it but yet i can take PS photos i tried wiping the cache/dalvik

That's a really long sentence.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that in this thread. It's in the bug report. There are definitely two different gyroscopes in this phone. It's not really a bad or even uncommon thing. Supply shortages sometimes require them to source parts from multiple places. It just means that when the evita CM device tree was built, it was built based off the other gyroscope and they likely didn't even know there was another. I haven't looked I to it to see of there is source available for the non-working gyro, but it may just need to be added to our code. Worst case, we should be good whenever HTC officially releases JB. I'd like to take a closer look if I can find some time to do so.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
    The thread for the 4.2 gapps stuff says that there may be two different gyroscopes in the One XL. Mine also doesn't work and when I use the Phone Tester app it doesn't find the gyroscope. HTC is REALLY starting to piss me off with this hit or miss sh*t. I love this phone for the most part but quality control issues suck big time and now this. Every customer should "generally" have the same experience. Not "it works for some but not others". Either you manufacture your device with the same working parts from the same company or don't put that part in at all. I didn't pay for this phone to have it made half assed.
    I can't get the link to respond from my phone. Can someone throw up a dropbox link or something? Thanks.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

http://db.tt/cwftfa97

out rooted jelly bean HOX