[ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Search This thread

evolishesh

Oct 10, 2010
Gotta say though. No matter how content with a rom I am, there is always an itch to use one of two roms. Whomp or clean rom. That says something. A beta rom is in my top roms next to a polished standard clean rom. You guys do it well

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I'm the same! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: hopesrequiem

adampa1006

May 11, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
One request. Add the "disable scrolling cache" to the build prop as described by razz here I been on your ROM since you put it out so about a week now, and I can say without a doubt this improved scrolling performance of the home screen, the stock web browser, and the XDA app. Try it out it definitely works. I didnt try the other stuff in the thread though.

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
This is a very good rom, I have no issues with it. I keep bouncing between this rom and beans b10.

I wish the dev would add a tw 4x5 launcher. I would also like see the option to remove AM/Pm from the clock and sboard keyboard switcher.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
This is a very good rom, I have no issues with it. I keep bouncing between this rom and beans b10.

I wish the dev would add a tw 4x5 launcher. I would also like see the option to remove AM/Pm from the clock and sboard keyboard switcher.

Just add the launcher from jedi rom into system apps. It's 5x6 and REALLY fast. It's a nice compliment to the most customizable tw rom available here. :D

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
Just add the launcher from jedi rom into system apps. It's 5x6 and REALLY fast. It's a nice compliment to the most customizable tw rom available here. :D

I don't like 5x6, I use apps that have 4 x... Widget and on 5x6 launcher it just looks weird. The launcher apk it's called seclauncher. apk or something like that correct?

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
I don't like 5x6, I use apps that have 4 x... Widget and on 5x6 launcher it just looks weird. The launcher apk it's called seclauncher. apk or something like that correct?

It reconfigures almost all of them to the right size.

Dugall12

Dec 3, 2009
Hands down my favorite rom, I was on clean rom before I tried this and I haven't looked back! Super smooth and stable thanks guys!

Reactions: kevinstall

ffuser1

Feb 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC 10
the only thing keeping me from staying on this rom is the home button functionality. with the lock screen disabled, in cleanrom it turns the screen on if the screen is off. with this (and beans), if turns the screen on AND presses the home button (exiting your previous app). any way/edit to change that functionality?

Last edited:

dawgpoundfan

Aug 27, 2008
Richmond
Nice even though I had a scare in the beginning

I love this ROM nice features, will find out about battery life today - came from cleanrom and usually i just have the zip on the external sd card but I decided to follow directions exactly and at the end of the install it just hung after the all done hit next to reboot. Had to do a battery pull but now she is running great, love the added feature set.

thx

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
Silly request but can we add a date to the title

danaff37

Mar 14, 2010
Nashville, TN
Decided to try this one out. Like it a lot, but I would also like to be able to remove the wifi notification and the brightness slider

Last edited:

Dugall12

Dec 3, 2009
One thing that I miss from my other phones is the check box in the sound settings that allows you to have the notification volume the same as the ringer volume.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwhomp.jpg

presents_zps5069f28b.jpg

WhompasaurusRom_zps3c005903.jpg

whomp.jpg

An ultra smooth, rock stable, and tweaked out stock rom! Offering great battery life, endless options, and putting the installation of the rom in the control of the user. Team Whomp is dedicated toward improving this rom and listening to the users to make it greater.

theteam_zps88686065.jpg

EvolutionCSR: Developer
    Cincyelite22: Developer

romfeatures_zps66bdfec6.jpg

Code:
    [center]
    [SIZE="3"][I]
    [u][B][COLOR="blue"]Aroma Installer:[/COLOR][/B][/u][/center]
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Installation Options:[/COLOR][/B]Full Install, Mod and Theme Install
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Touchwiz Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]TW 4x4, TW5x6, Rotating TW4x4, Rotating TW 5x6
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]Nova, Apex, Android 4.2 Launcher
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Status Bar Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Notification Pull Down Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Quick Toggle Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Drop Down Bar Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Battery Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Blue Circle, Circles, Digital Numbers, Green Circle, ICS Circle, Meter, Red, Stars, Stock W/ Percent
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Center Clock:[/COLOR][/B] Align Clock Center, Align Clock Right
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Call Recording, Resizable Popup Browser, Ad Block, Increased Volume Levels, Auto Correct for Samsung Keyboard, On Screen Navigation Keys
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Google:[/COLOR][/B] Play Store, Maps, Street, Google Now & Search, GMail, GTalk, Youtube, Play Music, Play Books, Play Magazines
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Samsung:[/COLOR][/B] All Share, Groupcast, Kies, Media Hub, Music Hub, Mobile Print, Samsung Apps, Pen Apps, S Suggest, S Voice, S Cloud
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Miscellaneous:[/COLOR][/B] Accuweather Apps, Adobe Flash, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, NFL Mobile, Polaris Office, VPN Client, Yahoo Apps, Flipboard, Live Wallpapers,Verizon Apps, Swype
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Jelly Bean Apps:[/COLOR][/B] Jelly Bean Keyboard, Jelly Bean Camera, Jelly Bean Desckclock
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Social Media:[/COLOR][/B] XDA, Twitter, Facebook, Google +
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-File Managers:[/COLOR][/B] ES File Explorer, Stock Samsung File Explorer
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Kernels:[/COLOR][/B] Stock Kernel, Perseus Kernel V32.1, Saber Kernel V13.4
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Boot Animation:[/COLOR][/B] Fossil Animation, Whomp on Fire Animation
    [b][center]
    [COLOR="navy"]
    -4in1 Reboot
    -5x6 TouchWiz Launcher W/ Scrolling Wallpaper
    -8 Color Options for Quick Toggles and Drop Down Bar
    -23 Quick Settings Toggles Mod
    -Awesome Beats Audio Mod
    -Ad Block
    -Android 4.2 Launcher, GMail, Keyboard, Camera, & Desk Clock
    -AOSP Lockscreen Option
    -AROMA Installer
    -Battery Tweaks
    -Black Status Bar
    -Build.prop Tweaks
    -Busy Box Support
    -Call Record Mod
    -Camera in Call enabled
    -Camera enabled with low battery
    -Camera Shutter Sound Option
    -Center Clock Mod
    -Contacts Tweaks
    -Custom Boot Animation
    -Debloated!
    -Disabled Full Charge Notification
    -Increased Call and Speaker Volume
    -MultiWindow w/ All apps enabled and 50% opacity
    -Multiple Kernel Selections
    -Network Tweaks
    -Notification LED Customization
    -On Screen Navigation Buttons
    -Percent Battery Mods
    -Perseus Kernel
    -Retheme and Remod Option in AROMA
    -Resizable Popup Browser
    -Rotating TouchWiz Launchers
    -Samsung Auto Correct Keyboard
    -SMS Tweaks
    -Stability
    -Stock Look
    -Stock Fonts
    -SuperUser
    -Transparent Pull Down
    -Transparent Status Bars
    -Volume Buttons as Shutter
    -Volume Skip Track enabled
    -Wallpaper Scrolling
    -Whompasaurus Built in Settings
    -Whompasaurs Wallpapers
    -Wifi Tether Mod[/COLOR][/center]
    [/I][/B][/SIZE]

screenshots_zps43b1a636.jpg

permission_zps9f5a4ab5.jpg

If anyone would like to use the work of Team WHOMP! all we ask is that you give us the credit due :)
    Thread cleaned
    There will be no profanity or disrespect on my forums
    Please read the rules, they are simple and easy to follow
    Please when posting bugs do not sound disgusted (with an ughhh) or entitled
    Simply list what was expected and what actually happened and the methods tried
    We try to encourage development here not discourage which is what happens with flame wars
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom BETA R2 [ALL4] 2/19/13

How about you changing the text color in the OP from blue to a color that's readable?

I agree 100 percent, I have a hard time reading the blue on the phone and not just in this app either. The cnet app uses a lot of blue and I can barely read it.

Goodness gracias!! Really??? This is how we greet two new developers BLINDLY building?

Go kick rocks... You should be kicked out of android. Change your damn background color.

/rant

I do admit some apology for the bugs that have been seen. I had access to the note on verizon for a night but really wanted to use that time to knock out the major beta bugs. I payed a coworker to give me his phone for the night so I could tighten it up. All the current bugs will get fixed and I apologize again for the stuff I missed. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    Got my hands on a note II on Verizon till tomorrow. Now that I can see what i've done ill fix a few bugs and we will put this out on official release. That includes a working boot ani. :) Messaging app is missing in beta r2 and status bar is still grey. Those will be fixed. If there is anything anyone else noticed let me know.

Thanks guys.