[Q] Battery fried...little life left :(

Search This thread

edved

Apr 11, 2006
I have through time noticed my phone being quite hot to the touch while it's being charged. Be it while in it's (condom) case or lying inadvertently underdeath my pillow while I sleep. My battery life was never great, but was sufficient, but I'm afraid now that it's at about %50-60 of what it once was.

I haven't treated this phone any differentyl than I have the other phones I've previously owned, but the durability of this battery is suspect! I'd love to get a battery replacement for it, but I don't think that's an option at this point.

Anyone else notice this? I've read another post where someone else noticed similar results with their battery life while charging their phone and playing games.

comscier

First of all, all smartphones gets hot while playing games and charging at the same time.
And charging the phone do generate small amount of heat, so do not put it underneath your pillow while charging. (shouldn't be hot to touch though)

If you are not doing anything mention above and the battery is still getting dangerously hot while charging, contact Google customer service (if its from play store) or your carrier.

*Do not use third party charger if possible.

edved

Apr 11, 2006
First of all, all smartphones gets hot while playing games and charging at the same time.
And charging the phone do generate small amount of heat, so do not put it underneath your pillow while charging. (shouldn't be hot to touch though)

If you are not doing anything mention above and the battery is still getting dangerously hot while charging, contact Google customer service (if its from play store) or your carrier.

*Do not use third party charger if possible.

Uh, gee. Thanks for the in-depth analysis!

G.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I have through time noticed my phone being quite hot to the touch while it's being charged. Be it while in it's (condom) case or lying inadvertently underdeath my pillow while I sleep. My battery life was never great, but was sufficient, but I'm afraid now that it's at about %50-60 of what it once was.

I haven't treated this phone any differentyl than I have the other phones I've previously owned, but the durability of this battery is suspect! I'd love to get a battery replacement for it, but I don't think that's an option at this point.

Anyone else notice this? I've read another post where someone else noticed similar results with their battery life while charging their phone and playing games.

Did you ever think about that this phone has a quad core processor that throttles at 70 degrees Celsius. That's 158F. Where's the heat going to go? Surely the heat will go somewhere but it will heat up the plastic somewhat.

FYI: shouldn't sleep with your phone under your pillow.

Sent from The Deathstar