ROMs unflashable, i9505 S4 XUBMF8

Search This thread

Devione

Feb 27, 2011
Hi there all,

I've been encountering a weird issue with the i9505 S4 XUBMF8. For whatever reason, I am currently unable to flash custom ROMs on it. The phone is KNOX-free and I have previously flashed custom ROMs on it before. I am able to root via CF Auto Root, install Triangle Away, but whenever a file is copied onto the phone's storage it never completes successfully (for example Broodplank's ROM will always be 10-15mb short). Even downloading the custom ROM directly onto the phone via stock Browser results on a Status 7 error.

Changing from CWM Recovery to Team Win doesn't help either, nor changing usb ports / computers and cables. (I've used both Generic and Samsung-branded ones.)

This is a phone which has previously managed to run custom ROMs, flashes stock Samsung ROMs and Radios via Download Mode fine, and installs "unknown" .apks fine as well.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Summary: Phone currently running stock XUBMF8 (Firmware it came out of the box with), roots fine and installs custom Recoveries fine, flashes fine via Download mode. Just refuses to copy files properly (despite multiple formats / factory resets / flash stock firmware) and refuses to flash custom ROMs via custom Recoveries.

Last edited:

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi there all,

I've been encountering a weird issue with the i9505 S4 XUBMF8. For whatever reason, I am currently unable to flash custom ROMs on it. The phone is KNOX-free and I have previously flashed custom ROMs on it before. I am able to root via CF Auto Root, install Triangle Away, but whenever a file is copied onto the phone's storage it never completes successfully (for example Brooplank's ROM will always be 10-15mb short). Even downloading the custom ROM directly onto the phone via stock Browser results on a Status 7 error.

Changing from CWM Recovery to Team Win doesn't help either, nor changing usb ports / computers and cables. (I've used both Generic and Samsung-branded ones.)

This is a phone which has previously managed to run custom ROMs, flashes stock Samsung ROMs and Radios via Download Mode fine, and installs "unknown" .apks fine as well.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
XUBMF8 is android 4.2.2 for branded phones:
- Spain (yoigo) or Poland (Play)

* Solution could be flash one stock rom for unbranded phone if is your case. Anyway if u conect ur phone to Kies and tell me ur CSC I can tell u what stock firmware is good for your unbranded phone :)

Devione

Feb 27, 2011
XUBMF8 is android 4.2.2 for branded phones:
- Spain (yoigo) or Poland (Play)

* Solution could be flash one stock rom for unbranded phone if is your case. Anyway if u conect ur phone to Kies and tell me ur CSC I can tell u what stock firmware is good for your unbranded phone :)

Hi mate,

My CSC is i9505OLBBMF8

I used the *#1234# method.

Hope that helps. Thanks for your time.

Devione

Feb 27, 2011
Yw. We need to know your S4's CSC, as this has to match your firmware. If you install Kies (in ur pc) then you will get your firmware CSC :highfive:

Hi there,

I've installed Kies and according to the "Firmware Information" section it says

Current firmware version: PDA:MF8 / PHONE:MF8 / CSC: MF8 (SIN)

Is that the right place i'm looking at? I've never used KIES before, this is my first,

Thanks for your time.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi there,

I've installed Kies and according to the "Firmware Information" section it says

Current firmware version: PDA:MF8 / PHONE:MF8 / CSC: MF8 (SIN)

Is that the right place i'm looking at? I've never used KIES before, this is my first,

Thanks for your time.
Yes is what I need. Ur phone is branded to Singapure (sintel). Do u unlocked it?

Devione

Feb 27, 2011
Yes is what I need. Ur phone is branded to Singapure (sintel). Do u unlocked it?

It's unlocked, yes. This mobile was actually originally bought in Malaysia, unbranded and unlocked. I could not find any Malaysian XUBMF8, so I downloaded the SingTel one as an alternative whenever I needed to reset my phone to stock.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
It's unlocked, yes. This mobile was actually originally bought in Malaysia, unbranded and unlocked. I could not find any Malaysian XUBMF8, so I downloaded the SingTel one as an alternative whenever I needed to reset my phone to stock.
Maybe the unique u need is factory reset ur phone :highfive:

Devione

Feb 27, 2011
Maybe the unique u need is factory reset ur phone :highfive:

Hi there,

Apparently that doesn't work. I've tried resetting with stock, custom recoveries and through TouchWiz itself. It still gets the Status 7 error. Toggling "Verification Check" results in a failure, even though the MD5 checks out.

I really am at wits' end here...

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi there,

Apparently that doesn't work. I've tried resetting with stock, custom recoveries and through TouchWiz itself. It still gets the Status 7 error. Toggling "Verification Check" results in a failure, even though the MD5 checks out.

I really am at wits' end here...
Try other ODIN and other USB port in ur pc

*EDIT: For factory reset ur phone u dont need flash nothing:

1. Backup ur data of ur Internal Memory
2. From your home screen press the apps icon in the lower right corner.
3. Find and press the settings icon.
4. In the upper end of the screen press the accounts tab.
5. in the bottom of the next screen press the Backup and reset button.
6. Press the factory data reset.
7. Read the info on your cell phone screen and hit Reset device.
8. Try to flash the firmware u wish again
9. If all go correct, copy ur data folders again in your phone and install the apps u had

Last edited:

Devione

Feb 27, 2011
Try other ODIN and other USB port in ur pc

*EDIT: For factory reset ur phone u dont need flash nothing:

1. Backup ur data of ur Internal Memory
2. From your home screen press the apps icon in the lower right corner.
3. Find and press the settings icon.
4. In the upper end of the screen press the accounts tab.
5. in the bottom of the next screen press the Backup and reset button.
6. Press the factory data reset.
7. Read the info on your cell phone screen and hit Reset device.
8. Try to flash the firmware u wish again
9. If all go correct, copy ur data folders again in your phone and install the apps u had

Hi there,

I've did that before and it didn't work. I mentioned in the OP.