Galaxy Gear Fit works on G2

Search This thread

yatbond

Apr 29, 2007
Sort of.

I bought my gear fit yesterday and messaging notification, including 3rd party apps, like whatsapp, work. I need to install Google calendar to get calendar notifications. All you need to do is download gear fit manager apk and pair. I can also use the media controller to skip tracks and control volume.

The watch can sense your wrist motion, and screen will switch on when you raise and turn your wrist to your face. Screen is super nice. Built is plastic but don't feel cheap at all. You can change wall paper. There are different home screens that allow you to customize to show the time together wirh different information, such as next calendar activity (which I use), or pedometer data, or weather.... Etc.

S health doesn't work. But I used to use pebble, and can say gear fit is much better as it can show emotions, :), or whatever they are called. I can still use the heartbeat sensor, pedometers, exercise measures, but data just can't be sync to phone without s health.

Since Samsung released the sdk, I am hopeful that the exercise data will be supported by 3rd party apps eventually.

Let me know if you have any question. Oh yeah, the control is smooth, and based on my experience, the battery should last around 4 days.

Great watch... Anyone wants my pebble?

Sent from my LG-F320K using xda app-developers app

yatbond

Apr 29, 2007
Here is a wrist shot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397386238926.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397386238926.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 1,549

yatbond

Apr 29, 2007
I have seen the latest firmware that allows portrait mode. I don't have that option yet.

Sent from my SM-T325 using xda app-developers app

AiMwasNeD

Mar 13, 2012
Is a usb cable or something to connect with a pc included to the deilvery contents?

yatbond

Apr 29, 2007
The usb cable came with it. It has a normal micro USB charger that connects to a small adapter which connects to the watch.

Reactions: AiMwasNeD

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
Sort of.

I bought my gear fit yesterday and messaging notification, including 3rd party apps, like whatsapp, work. I need to install Google calendar to get calendar notifications. All you need to do is download gear fit manager apk and pair. I can also use the media controller to skip tracks and control volume.

The watch can sense your wrist motion, and screen will switch on when you raise and turn your wrist to your face. Screen is super nice. Built is plastic but don't feel cheap at all. You can change wall paper. There are different home screens that allow you to customize to show the time together wirh different information, such as next calendar activity (which I use), or pedometer data, or weather.... Etc.

S health doesn't work. But I used to use pebble, and can say gear fit is much better as it can show emotions, :), or whatever they are called. I can still use the heartbeat sensor, pedometers, exercise measures, but data just can't be sync to phone without s health.

Since Samsung released the sdk, I am hopeful that the exercise data will be supported by 3rd party apps eventually.

Let me know if you have any question. Oh yeah, the control is smooth, and based on my experience, the battery should last around 4 days.

Are you sure weather can work on lg g2 :confused:

yatbond

Apr 29, 2007
Yes, except all the health functions. The other thing is though you need to install the latest gear fit manager with the gear fit being updated with the latest firmware. You can do that if you have another Samsung gs4 or 5.... If not, then go to your local electronic store to connect your gear fit too update firmware. Then disconnect it and leave.

I am still using both g2 and gear fit.

Sent from my LG-F320K using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sort of.

The usb cable came with it. It has a normal micro USB charger that connects to a small adapter which connects to the watch.