[Q&A] JasmineROM Discussions [Chat Room]

Which Android OS do you prefer?

• Total voters
Search This thread
I kniw typically a rom doesn't affect signal coverage but I live in a marginal area according to Verizon and on Jasmine 1.8 when I send a text I constantly get messages pending 6 deep and constantly failing before they send with a dbm of - 100 to - 108 but with Jasmine 2.0 they send instantaneously with the same dbm. Any ideas why this is?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Night_Watcher

Jul 12, 2011
Wellington, Ohio
I kniw typically a rom doesn't affect signal coverage but I live in a marginal area according to Verizon and on Jasmine 1.8 when I send a text I constantly get messages pending 6 deep and constantly failing before they send with a dbm of - 100 to - 108 but with Jasmine 2.0 they send instantaneously with the same dbm. Any ideas why this is?

I was having a similar issue... But on both 1.8 and 2.1... I flashed the MJE modem/radio and my issue went away...

Samsung Note 3 - VZW
Jasmine 2.0 v4
XDA Pro

I was having a similar issue... But on both 1.8 and 2.1... I flashed the MJE modem/radio and my issue went away...

Samsung Note 3 - VZW
Jasmine 2.0 v4
XDA Pro

Guess I should ha e said I did the patch so it's 2.1. But that's so weird though... If both are using NC4 baseband I would think that's not the issue no?

Night_Watcher

Jul 12, 2011
Wellington, Ohio
Guess I should ha e said I did the patch so it's 2.1. But that's so weird though... If both are using NC4 baseband I would think that's not the issue no?

I did some research looking through forums and found a good number of people having flaky connection issues with both NC2 and NC4 radio/modems... And with going back to MJE they went away...

For example in my case I get 3 to 5 bars at work and home on MJE... On NC2 and NC4 I get 1 to 0 bars in the same locations... Could not even receive a phone call or text message at home... Tried a number of things i had read about with no joy... Read about switching to MJE, so I flashed to MJE rebooted and had three bars... No more missed calls and text and after a couple days now getting 5 bars consistently at home... So i am convinced it has something to do with version of hardware and network... I literally got my phone the day they were released and have read some people have more connection issues with the original chips... But working great for me now...

Samsung Note 3 - VZW
Jasmine 2.0 v4
XDA Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: LillieBennett
I did some research looking through forums and found a good number of people having flaky connection issues with both NC2 and NC4 radio/modems... And with going back to MJE they went away...

For example in my case I get 3 to 5 bars at work and home on MJE... On NC2 and NC4 I get 1 to 0 bars in the same locations... Could not even receive a phone call or text message at home... Tried a number of things i had read about with no joy... Read about switching to MJE, so I flashed to MJE rebooted and had three bars... No more missed calls and text and after a couple days now getting 5 bars consistently at home... So i am convinced it has something to do with version of hardware and network... I literally got my phone the day they were released and have read some people have more connection issues with the original chips... But working great for me now...

Samsung Note 3 - VZW
Jasmine 2.0 v4
XDA Pro

Yea I get that MJE nay be better than NC4 but if Jasmine 1.8 is based of NC4 and 2.1 has a baseband NC4 then why the difference?

OneoftheRabble

Jan 19, 2012
Bozeman, Montana
Yea I get that MJE nay be better than NC4 but if Jasmine 1.8 is based of NC4 and 2.1 has a baseband NC4 then why the difference?

I have been messing around for some time now with the different basebands. I think it is a timing issue with the Qualcomm chip and the new firmware. On my 'scope and spectrum analyzer it appears that the NC2 and NC4 basebands 'drop' the signal during their interogate times much farther below the noise level than MJE does. Which means in a marginal area, where the signal doesn't "hold" above the noise floor, you will have the chip see a dropped signal until the next interrogation. Meaning it will "see" a much lower signal than is actually there and re-interrogate. Hence, drop a call, think it can't send a SMS, not hear an incoming call, etc.
If you are in a marginal area I would suggest going back to MJE for the faster interrogation and the "hold" above noise floor.

See ya'

OotR

thejuanald

Jul 6, 2014
I know this is a dumb question but I'm new to rooting/custom OSes. I have Jasmin 2.0, but I've been having issues and I wanted to update to version 2.1, how do I go about it? I don't see it in the original thread in the downloads section.

The issues I've been having are a lot of the toggles do not seem to work, and are stuck in one orientation or another. Even when going into settings and changing the settings there, they don't work. A few examples are the screen orientation toggle and system setting. I have it on and it won't rotate the orientation. The flashlight won't work, the smart network thing is stuck on so that every time I turn on the screen I have to wait for LTE or WiFi to turn back on. When I installed, I did a clean install, but these issues have been slowly coming up. I was hoping an update to 2.1 would help before I have to do another fresh install of some other custom OS.

Also, how would I go about installing the MJE baseband? Sorry for the dumb questions, and thanks.

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
I know this is a dumb question but I'm new to rooting/custom OSes. I have Jasmin 2.0, but I've been having issues and I wanted to update to version 2.1, how do I go about it? I don't see it in the original thread in the downloads section.

The issues I've been having are a lot of the toggles do not seem to work, and are stuck in one orientation or another. Even when going into settings and changing the settings there, they don't work. A few examples are the screen orientation toggle and system setting. I have it on and it won't rotate the orientation. The flashlight won't work, the smart network thing is stuck on so that every time I turn on the screen I have to wait for LTE or WiFi to turn back on. When I installed, I did a clean install, but these issues have been slowly coming up. I was hoping an update to 2.1 would help before I have to do another fresh install of some other custom OS.

Also, how would I go about installing the MJE baseband? Sorry for the dumb questions, and thanks.
Okay not sure about the problems you are having. I would nandroid and reflash. But 2.1 is just 2.0 with the performance tweaks installed. And to flash MJE modem, after you install 2.0 plus the performance tweaks, boot into download mode by pressing down+power on boot up (or by booting into it by power off buttons in the custom power options in the reboot one) and then flash the MJE modem through odin from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524572 any other problems after that and just post them!

Last edited:

Night_Watcher

Jul 12, 2011
Wellington, Ohio

First... 2.1 is a patch... If you search this forum for v4 which is the one I. Use you will find it...

As far as switching firmware/radio/modem there is a good forum entry on XDA if you search that has the firmware images and good instructions for doing...

With you being new to rooting and romming... Just some personal experience from my history with this... Learn to use search in forum entries.. Full forum.. And Google... It will be you best ali learning new things... And once you have a feel ask questions based on what you have found...

Hope this helps...

Samsung Note 3 - VZW
Jasmine 2.0 v4
XDA Pro

thejuanald

Jul 6, 2014
Okay not sure about the problems you are having. I would nandroid and reflash. But 2.1 is just 2.0 with the performance tweaks installed. And to flash MJE modem, after you install 2.0 plus the performance tweaks, boot into download mode by pressing down+power on boot up (or by booting into it by power off buttons in the custom power options in the reboot one) and then flash the MJE modem through odin from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524572 any other problems after that and just post them!

First... 2.1 is a patch... If you search this forum for v4 which is the one I. Use you will find it...

As far as switching firmware/radio/modem there is a good forum entry on XDA if you search that has the firmware images and good instructions for doing...

With you being new to rooting and romming... Just some personal experience from my history with this... Learn to use search in forum entries.. Full forum.. And Google... It will be you best ali learning new things... And once you have a feel ask questions based on what you have found...

Hope this helps...

Samsung Note 3 - VZW
Jasmine 2.0 v4
XDA Pro

Great, thanks for the help guys. I will probably backup and just reflash it when I get home and I will definitely try out the different basebands. I will try to use the forum search more for other questions to get my grounding thanks!

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
JFYI. 2.x has patches for the RIL code to get Data/Network on the ported ROM (so, it might perform better). I think we should get an update from VZW very soon. All other devices received several updates/fixes on KK, but we've only one official NC4 release.

I have been messing around for some time now with the different basebands. I think it is a timing issue with the Qualcomm chip and the new firmware. On my 'scope and spectrum analyzer it appears that the NC2 and NC4 basebands 'drop' the signal during their interogate times much farther below the noise level than MJE does. Which means in a marginal area, where the signal doesn't "hold" above the noise floor, you will have the chip see a dropped signal until the next interrogation. Meaning it will "see" a much lower signal than is actually there and re-interrogate. Hence, drop a call, think it can't send a SMS, not hear an incoming call, etc.
If you are in a marginal area I would suggest going back to MJE for the faster interrogation and the "hold" above noise floor.

See ya'

OotR
I get all that jazz I do and honestly thanks for the input seriously but what I'm saying is that 1.8 and 2.0/.1 both have a baseband of NC4.....1.8 which is the NC4 rom through and through on the weak signal I get messages pending like 6 deep and constantly failing.... BUT on the ported S5 Rom with the NC4 baseband and same signal strength I don't have that problem.... No modem changes at all.... No messages pending or failing. So what could be causing that? I understand MJE from what your saying has a faster interrogation but would it not be something more than just MJE vs nc2/4? It seems like it would be something specific to either the patches or the s5 rom itself.

OneoftheRabble

Jan 19, 2012
Bozeman, Montana
I get all that jazz I do and honestly thanks for the input seriously but what I'm saying is that 1.8 and 2.0/.1 both have a baseband of NC4.....1.8 which is the NC4 rom through and through on the weak signal I get messages pending like 6 deep and constantly failing.... BUT on the ported S5 Rom with the NC4 baseband and same signal strength I don't have that problem.... No modem changes at all.... No messages pending or failing. So what could be causing that? I understand MJE from what your saying has a faster interrogation but would it not be something more than just MJE vs nc2/4? It seems like it would be something specific to either the patches or the s5 rom itself.

It will have a LOT to do with the firmware interface differences between the S5 and N3. It will also have to do with them having a different Qualcomm radio chip. The S5 has a "newer" chip and it is a bit more efficient than the N3s chip. First off the N3 is using a Qualcomm Gobi 9x35 chip and the S5 got the new Intel XMM 7160. They have different receiver sections for one. And the Intel has a much sharper crystal filter set than the Qualcomm and thus will have a lower noise floor. Read: It will receive and translate lower signal levels than the N3.
I guess I should point out that the two chips WILL use the same subset of instructions. They will just handle those instructions differently and at a different rate.

Hope this helps.

See ya''

OotR

Reactions: neopolotin75
It will have a LOT to do with the firmware interface differences between the S5 and N3. It will also have to do with them having a different Qualcomm radio chip. The S5 has a "newer" chip and it is a bit more efficient than the N3s chip. First off the N3 is using a Qualcomm Gobi 9x35 chip and the S5 got the new Intel XMM 7160. They have different receiver sections for one. And the Intel has a much sharper crystal filter set than the Qualcomm and thus will have a lower noise floor. Read: It will receive and translate lower signal levels than the N3.
I guess I should point out that the two chips WILL use the same subset of instructions. They will just handle those instructions differently and at a different rate.

Hope this helps.

See ya''

OotR

Gotcha... I was wondering why it was doing that. Thanks.

brianburen

Mar 29, 2010
JFYI. 2.x has patches for the RIL code to get Data/Network on the ported ROM (so, it might perform better). I think we should get an update from VZW very soon. All other devices received several updates/fixes on KK, but we've only one official NC4 release.

I had signal issues on my first note 3, and I had got it on release date. I searched the Verizon Customer Forums and it seems there was a bad batch of radios in the first release Note 3's. I talked with tier 2 support, and after a few tests they told me I had one with a bad radio, and sent me a brand new one. Now I have no issues with signals. He said there were several changes Verizon requested from Samsung for the Note 4 radios to improve signal quality. Hope this helps...

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
I had signal issues on my first note 3, and I had got it on release date. I searched the Verizon Customer Forums and it seems there was a bad batch of radios in the first release Note 3's. I talked with tier 2 support, and after a few tests they told me I had one with a bad radio, and sent me a brand new one. Now I have no issues with signals. He said there were several changes Verizon requested from Samsung for the Note 4 radios to improve signal quality. Hope this helps...

I've replaced my phone twice for this issue.

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Having an issue on 2.2 where I cannot send MMS/group messages it errors saying, "invalid destination address".
Just flashed. Thanks
Same here, might be the messaging app since it's the international version

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Possible fix for screenshot problem.

List of possible bugs-
-Sound volume is a little lower than normal (will test with viper and report back)
TEMPORARY FIX FOR VOLUME- INSTALL VIPER SUPERIOR DRIVER AND SET SETTINGS LIKE THIS
e100263c1d31a4c6cdd3bd0748db4c84.jpg

-screenshot error
-can send text messages, cannot send MMS. Get error message: invalid destination address
-play apps not downloading
-speakerphone volume unadjustable
-The Remote PC app crashes
I am on NC4 bootloader with NC4 Kernel and am having few problems.
@hsbadr thank you for building such an amazing rom, I flashed NC4 and only used it for about 8 hours and was sickened. You have saved my Note 3 from being bland.

I know there are no logs, just trying to help just narrow everything down from everybody.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

How would one try to edit the APN to try to find a solution to the MMS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JasmineROM v2.x Deep Sleep Fixed

Deep sleep & battery issues on JasmineROM v2.x have been fixed. Check this post for more details!
    JasmineROM Support

The rating of this thread has been decreased from 5/5 to 4.6/5. It seems that haters are contributing with negative votes while supporters are inactive.

Please show your support to JasmineROM by adding 5-star rating & review, if you want the develoment here to continue. It doesn't make sense to invest my time in a downrated development.

Thank you!
    This is the place for Q&A, general discussions, and post-installation chat about JasmineROM. Please keep your personal issues that are not related to the development, such as themes and other stuff, here.
    Jasmine 2.0 battery hog

Greetings All,

After playing with 2.0 for about a week I found this bit of information after hooking my phone to an oscilloscope and watching the timing on the CPU. I found out that SetCPU will NOT let the CPU shut down hardly at all. Didn't matter what settings I tried.
    If you change I/O scheduler or governor in any other app, SetCPU will "fight" with that app to regain control and just run the CPU wide open all the time. That is one reason, I believe, that the phone has been getting so hot and why the battery goes down so fast.
    After un-installing SetCPU my battery life is back again like 1.7 or 1.8. Now this ROM is really sweet.
    Hope this helps.

Take care,

OotR

Oh yeah.... FYI... I have found that getting rid of ALL others except for ROM Toolbox Pro and then using it to set the I/O scheduler to Noop and the Governor to interactive has been my best balance of speed and battery life. I did all these tests on a bench with several fun machines to play with that measured and recorded battery usage, CPU use (per core), timing function of the relative I/O through the chip on a 'scope.
    There was an issue in my mixer configuration which makes the minimum/maximum volume levels unreasonable. so, you might get louder volume at 50% not 100%. V4A may mitigate the effect. Anyway, this together with the volume panel glitch have been already fixed on 2.2.1.

The only issue I'm having so far is with ISIS wallet it won't reload. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and still wont reload. I have super cleaned per Hsbadr instructions and even went back to stock and reflashed and still wont reload. I dont know what else to do.:confused:

This might be partitions problem, if noone else reported the same issue. To fix, flash stock tar & test ISIS on it; then, flash JasmineROM 2.2.1 (no need to test on 2.2; I'll try to update you very soon).