[Q] Random apps "incompatible" with the tablet

Search This thread

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
It seems by no merit random apps are "incompatible" with the tablet. Anyone know why? I have play store installed and I'm rooted, so I'm just gonna try to force install some. For example, Google Keep is incompatible. Or Google Now Launcher. Yelp, Wells Fargo, an app for my school, Weatherbug, all examples of things "incompatible".

Last edited:

earlgrey_44

Aug 24, 2009
Chicago
It seems by no merit random apps are "incompatible" with the tablet. Anyone know why? I have play store installed and I'm rooted, so I'm just gonna try to force install some. For example, Google Keep is incompatible. Or Google Now Launcher. Yelp, Wells Fargo, an app for my school, Weatherbug, all examples of things "incompatible".

Samsung, HTC, and yes, Amazon all have their "flavours" of android. Apps that run on one of these may not be entirely supported on others.
I cannot install Yelp or Google+ from the store but I have sideloaded them and they're fine. Try and find downloadable apks and install them to see if they'll work.

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
Samsung, HTC, and yes, Amazon all have their "flavours" of android. Apps that run on one of these may not be entirely supported on others.
I cannot install Yelp or Google+ from the store but I have sideloaded them and they're fine. Try and find downloadable apks and install them to see if they'll work.

Alright, just wanted to see if maybe Amazon actually removed core android pieces to intentionally break those types of apps or something.