S5 General is Dead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ixon2001

Jul 15, 2010
Wigan
I'm sorry but has gotta be the most boring forum I ever encountered since being on XDA.

It just dead!!!! it either nobody got nothing to talk about, or the S5 has been a poor seller, all the other Galaxy forums on XDA are alot more active than this place, even the S4 one.

Or is there another reason why nobody bothering to post much these days?

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Cause XDA has lost its touch. S5 is great but I have stopped development on phones like most devs have. XDA is boring. /My Opinion

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maybe it's just such a great phone, easy to root, and with Xposed modules, you don't need anything else. Battery life and performance are great, the OS keeps improving.

Perhaps people are realizing that there is more to life than caring about minuscule incremental upgrades to your phone.

DesertHawk

Nov 19, 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Maybe it's just such a great phone, easy to root, and with Xposed modules, you don't need anything else. Battery life and performance are great, the OS keeps improving.

Perhaps people are realizing that there is more to life than caring about minuscule incremental upgrades to your phone.

+1. Last few months I don't even change ROMs. No need.

Reactions: oTToToTenTanz

dezyderiusz

Jun 30, 2014
Nothing more to add. Still using stock firmware, no need to change that untill stable CM or Google Play Edition firmware will show up. Untill then it's perfect as it is with towelroot.

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Xposed + wanam + TouchWiz Xposed + Nova + Google everywhere = amazing everything

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

harise100

Oct 20, 2011
My phone works as it should! :)

There is not much to talk about.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: kokolaicho

bterrill

Jul 1, 2014
I'm just learning. Being new it's a fine line to actively contribute whilst trying to avoid getting 'search forum' to everything you post.

I can say I've learned vast -- incredibly vast -- amounts in my short time here. Been anxiously waiting my first rom flash. Had to get SD card (im new to smartphones also) but then my charge flap broke so now i need to take it in for a fix. Having towelroot only, and just started tinkering with nova & themer today.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I did not want to buy the S5 to be honest but I am glad I did. Great phone with zero lags an good battery life. No complaints so far ?

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
to be honest i think most of the rom devs want the gps and camera errors to be fixed, then well get aokp pa and cm

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
Maybe because everyone already has experience in XDA so most problems are solved

atilla88

Jun 3, 2011
Hamburg
XtreStolite works perfect,really amazing rom+nova and of course xposed give me a really smooth experience and almost 3 days battery power,couldnt be happier with this phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kgyirhj

Jun 16, 2014
It is summer so there is not as much activity.
And we have a perfect root method and there are some good custom ROMs for TW and some kernels that are very good for modding and tweaking. We got pretty much what we need until the camera and gps issues is fixed for some custom roms, there is not too much to talk about right now. So the activity is not as high. Come up with some interesting topics if you feel there is something missing in SGS5 General! ;)

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Especialy new(er) menbers are different these days imo, users used to search and read up and now its as they expect on demand service and satisfaction. Spoiled & lazy brats, i`d love to kick some in the ass some times ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cause XDA has lost its touch. S5 is great but I have stopped development on phones like most devs have. XDA is boring. /My Opinion

+1

Xposed & NOVA = perfect phone
    Ok thread closed as its just going to further degrade into more whining/moaning.
    Especialy new(er) menbers are different these days imo, users used to search and read up and now its as they expect on demand service and satisfaction. Spoiled & lazy brats, i`d love to kick some in the ass some times ;)

+1. Last few months I don't even change ROMs. No need.