[KERNEL][v3.4][4.3/4.4.2][TW] talexop - SELinux Permissive - Exfat, FauxSnd support!

Search This thread

talexop

May 4, 2005
STOCK KERNEL FOR GT-I9505
WORKS ONLY WITH 4.3 (v1.3) and 4.4.2 (v3+) TW!!

Code:
*** Disclaimer

This is a stock kernel. Please be aware that it is for i9505 only.
I can not guarantee that it will work for other devices. 
Use it at you own risk. If anything goes wrong I take no responsibility.

Introduction
This kernel is build from stock samsung MJ5 update 4 sources (v1.3) and from NB8 update 5 sources for v2 ! I wanted to keep it as stock as possible for people like me that are satisfied with the stock kernel, do not want OC, UV, and have the old bootloader.

Till now all of us with the old bootloader could not use the stock kernel but only custom.
The kernel can be used also with the new bootloader, but I guess you already have a stock kernel ;)

This Kernel solves ALL the problems. Also slow motion on camera works. I expect NO REBOOTS. (I had none!)

Description
This is the stock samsung kernel source, but changed the SELinux policy from enforcing to permissive. In the settings app, it still shows as "Permissive". Removed the restrictions from kernel source regarding rooting etc.

Features
  • Build from NG2 4.4.2 TW Samsung sources Update 8
  • Build from NB8 4.4.2 TW Samsung sources Update 5 (Version 2)
  • Build from MJ5 4.3 TW Samsung sources Update 4 (Version 1.3)
  • Build with stock ARM toolchain 4.6
  • Can be rooted
  • Exfat sdcard build-in support.
  • SELinux status to permissive.
  • Reboot FREE!!

Bugs
Old bootloader

• [*]Can not charge phone when it is off..
    [*]Can not set lockscreen and vpn *** Fixed you have to change build.prop entry security.mdpp=None to #security.mdpp=None
    [*]Wifi does not work *** Fixed you have to change ro.securestorage.support=true to ro.securestorage.support=false
-MTP does not work with 4.4.4 T-mobile ROMs

Changelog
Version 1.1 First Version
Version 1.2 Added init.d support
Version 1.3 Added FauxSound v2.1 support.
Version 2.0 New kernel for 4.4.2 TW rom
Version 2.4.2 Bug fixes ..Fixed install script.
Version 2.5 Fixed charging when phone is turned off Thanks to @Fenny
Version 2.51 Updated ramdisk to NE5. No significant changes...
Version 3 Updated Sources NG2 (Update 8) and ramdisk to NG8. No other significant changes...
Version 3.1 Updated Sources NG8 (Update 9) and ramdisk to NG8.No other significant changes...
Version 3.2 Updated Sources NG8 (Update 9) and ramdisk to NG8.No other significant changes...Fixed fauxsound bug
Version 3.3 Fixed fauxsound bugs...
Version 3.4 Update Fauxsound to 3.5

Downloads
Download
Flash it with CWM!
For 4.4.2 TW ROM
- Kernel v3.4 (kernel shows as v3+) Update fauxsound to 3.5, charge when device is OFF, Update9 with NG8 ramdisk * with init.d support - Permissive - auto fix build.prop for OLD Bootloaders credits to hanspampel
- Kernel v3.3 (kernel shows as v3+) FIXED fauxsound, charge when device is OFF, Update9 with NG8 ramdisk * with init.d support - Permissive - auto fix build.prop for OLD Bootloaders credits to hanspampel
- Kernel v3.2 (kernel shows as v3+) FIXED fauxsound, charge when device is OFF, Update9 with NG8 ramdisk * with init.d support - Permissive - auto fix build.prop for OLD Bootloaders credits to hanspampel
- Kernel v3 (kernel shows as v3) FIXED charge when device is OFF, Update 8 with NG8 ramdisk * with init.d support - Permissive - auto fix build.prop for OLD Bootloaders credits to hanspampel
- Kernel v2.51 (kernel shows as v2.+-gb4fe160-dirty) FIXED charge when device is OFF, with NF1 ramdisk * with init.d support - Permissive - auto fix build.prop for OLD Bootloaders credits to hanspampel
- Kernel v2.51 (kernel shows as v2.+-gb4fe160-dirty) FIXED charge when device is OFF, with NE5 ramdisk * with init.d support - Permissive - auto fix build.prop for OLD Bootloaders credits to hanspampel
- Kernel v2.5 (kernel shows as v2.+-gb4fe160-dirty) FIXED charge when device is OFF, with NB8/9 ramdisk * with init.d support - Permissive - auto fix build.prop for OLD Bootloaders credits to hanspampel
- Kernel v2.4.2 Old version

For 4.3 TW ROM
- Kernel v1.3 with ML6 ramdisk * with init.d support -

Donate
Keep me motivated ;) Click HERE

Sources

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
*  Samsung
*  Google
*  ktoonsez
*  ausdim
*  wanam
*  akshizzle
*  Fenny
*  dorimanx
*  faux123

XDA:DevDB Information
[KERNEL][v3.4][4.3/4.4.2][TW] talexop - SELinux Permissive - Exfat, FauxSnd support!, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
talexop
Kernel Special Features: SElinux permissive - Exfat, init.d support

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v3.4
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-24

Created 2013-10-29
Last Updated 2014-10-25

ch061441

Jan 16, 2009
Zürich
Omega v13.2 Kernel

I just wanted to ask if this is the same Kernel/version that is comming with Indie's Omega V13.2 Rom...

Regards

talexop

May 4, 2005
This thread is the same as this. And does not belong in original forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487089

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Second xda rules say you must post your sources github.

No it not the same.... I have kernel sources compiled and this one works with old bootloader too!!

This kernel can load unsecured modules and if you read OP it includes also exFat support.!!!

Please be more carefully when you point out something.

Regarding the sources... I guess you are correct.. I have not done it before. I will try and post the sources as well ;)

Last edited:

phil.o

Oct 13, 2010
Querfurt

Tassos_i

Feb 12, 2012
Athens
@talexop
Could you please include in your flashable zip (together with the 2 modules you have already) the original lib/modules ?
I ask for this because every custom kernel comes with its own set of modules, erasing pre-existing ones. And if I want to flah your stock kernel above the one I have now, I'll be stuck.
Thanks,

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

talexop

May 4, 2005
@talexop
Could you please include in your flashable zip (together with the 2 modules you have already) the original lib/modules ?
I ask for this because every custom kernel comes with its own set of modules, erasing pre-existing ones. And if I want to flah your stock kernel above the one I have now, I'll be stuck.
Thanks,

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

The modules are already included in the download link in OP.

Tassos_i

Feb 12, 2012
Athens
The modules are already included in the download link in OP.

Thank you very much ! I prefer having the most close possible to stock configuration + root + cwm/twrp + xposed and I do not need any other mods.

I installed your kernel above KT kernel and everything seems to work just fine (among else : wifi, lte, camera, mtp, gps, mhl, dlna, ...). And cpuspy suggests that when screen is off the phone is in "98% deep sleep". I'm on echoe v5+ rom (which is mostly stock).

I have 2 further questions (in the "as much as possible stock" direction) : Does your kernel work with ...
  1. MJ5 wifi modules, or as Friedrich420 points out, all kernels except "Faux" need the GE wifi modules ? If yes, could you build a "back to stock MJ5" wifi flashable zip ?
  2. MJ5 NON-HLOS.bin, or in case of old bootloader do we still need MGA NON-HLOS.bin ?

Thanks again,

talexop

May 4, 2005
Thank you very much ! I prefer having the most close possible to stock configuration + root + cwm/twrp + xposed and I do not need any other mods.

I installed your kernel above KT kernel and everything seems to work just fine (among else : wifi, lte, camera, mtp, gps, mhl, dlna, ...). And cpuspy suggests that when screen is off the phone is in "98% deep sleep". I'm on echoe v5+ rom (which is mostly stock).

I have 2 further questions (in the "as much as possible stock" direction) : Does your kernel work with ...
  1. MJ5 wifi modules, or as Friedrich420 points out, all kernels except "Faux" need the GE wifi modules ? If yes, could you build a "back to stock MJ5" wifi flashable zip ?
  2. MJ5 NON-HLOS.bin, or in case of old bootloader do we still need MGA NON-HLOS.bin ?

Thanks again,

Nice to see that it works for everyone!

1.This kernel can work with stock MJ5 wifi files. I do not want to mix this thread with wifi files etc.. because that will mess up the readers. I guess you can use Omega 13.2 which has the stock wifi files or echo v6.
2.I have tried with MJ5 LTE modem but I had no sound. So For the old bootloader I guess we need to have LTE modem MH1 or MGA!

Reactions: Tassos_i

Top Liked Posts