[MOD] Transparent, 75% Transparent and 50% Transparent Status Bar for CM7

Search This thread

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I wanted a transparent status bar status bar so I decided to follow THESE instructions and got it figured out. It's just some changes to a few images and files in the systemui.apk

It seems to only work with live wallpapers depending on your launcher. You can get regular wallpapers working in ADW by disabling the wallpaper hack in ADWSettings >System Preferences.

You can find the modified systemui.apk below, please make a backup before changing the file since there may be a chance that it won't work with certain themes.

If it doesn't work with your theme and it's a free theme let me know and I'll modify it to work for you. I will also need to know which transparent bar you want to use (transparent, 75% or 50%).

You can replace the file with Root Explorer but do not start out by deleting the stock file. The easiest way to get everything done at once with only one reboot is to move the modified systemui.apk into the System folder, change the permissions to: rw- r-- r-- then move it into System/App and replace the stock file. You will then get an error message, just hold down your power button until it shuts down and then reboot. You may need to restart your launcher or hide/show your status bar once you reboot.

Transparent Status Bar: Systemui.apk

75% Transparent Status Bar: Systemui75%.apk (Rename to Systemui.apk before moving into System/App)

50% Transparent Status Bar: Systemui-Semi.apk (Rename to Systemui.apk before moving into System/App)

Here it is with a live wallpaper.

Transparent:

screenshot-1330269170157.png

75% Transparent:

screenshot-1330356491451.png

50% Transparent:

screenshot-1330353262330.png

Last edited:

acax456

Feb 4, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh
I got it figured out and changed to a transparent status bar following THESE instructions. Would someone be willing to create a zip for me so I can share it?

It's just some systemui.apk and StatusBarService.smali changes. If someone wants the apk so they can replace theirs to get the transparent status bar I can upload it.

screenshot-1330112862121.png

Update the zip please

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

chairshot215

Oct 23, 2011
Philadelphia
Does not seem to work with the Red Remix theme, also using the flames free live wallpaper but still received a FC when changed to star field wallpaper and rebooted so thinking it's the theme.

daggy1985

Feb 7, 2011
I wanted a transparent status bar status bar so I decided to follow THESE instructions and got it figured out. It's just some changes to a few images and files in the systemui.apk

It seems to only work with live wallpapers, I'll see what I can do about getting it working with regular ones.

You can find the modified systemui.apk below, please make a backup before changing the file since there may be a chance that it won't work with certain themes. If it doesn't work and it's a free theme let me know and I'll see what I can do.

You can replace the file with Root Explorer but do not start out by deleting the stock file. The easiest way to get everything done at once with only one reboot is to move the modified systemui.apk into the System folder, change the permissions to: rw- r-- r-- then move it into System/App and replace the stock file. You will then get an error message, just hold down your power button until it shuts down and then reboot. You may need to restart your launcher or hide/show your status bar once you reboot.

75% Transparent Status Bar: Systemui75%.apk (Rename to Systemui.apk before moving into System/App)

50% Transparent Status Bar: Systemui-Semi.apk (Rename to Systemui.apk before moving into System/App)

Transparent:

75% Transparent:

50% Transparent:

Hey just thought I would point out the way you get the transparent to work with regular wallpapers, is to turn off wallpaper hack in adw settings. Don't recall where it is in the settings as Im using sense on my phone at the moment and am too lazy to download adw and find it. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

_ante_

Feb 19, 2012
Disabling the wallpaper hack in ADWSettings>System Preferences got it working perfectly with normal wallpapers..not quite the same story with GO Launcher..back to ADW!

Sent from my Kindle Fire (CM7) using xda premium

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Reactions: Aronoskarss

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Does not seem to work with the Red Remix theme, also using the flames free live wallpaper but still received a FC when changed to star field wallpaper and rebooted so thinking it's the theme.

HERE is the modified Red Remix theme for you, I set it at 50% so you would need the systemui50% file. If you want it transparent or 75% transparent let me know.

screenshot-1330439941128.png

Reactions: chairshot215

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It seems to only work with live wallpapers depending on your launcher. You can get regular wallpapers working in ADW by disabling the wallpaper hack in ADWSettings >System Preferences.

You can find the modified systemui.apk below, please make a backup before changing the file since there may be a chance that it won't work with certain themes.

If it doesn't work with your theme and it's a free theme let me know and I'll modify it to work for you. I will also need to know which transparent bar you want to use (transparent, 75% or 50%).

Transparent:

75% Transparent:

50% Transparent:

See the first post
    Any chance that this can/will be ported to Stock rom's launcher's bar?
    Hello and Thanks for sharing your work.
    I'm using ICS theme from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1373295

transparent crashes on this theme, and i don't have battery or a charger to test the 75% and 50% versions and write this message, i will when i get home.

HERE is the modified ICS theme for you, I set it at 50% so you would need the systemui50% file. If you want it transparent or 75% transparent let me know.

screenshot-1330439078006.png