[ROOT] <Generic topic about verified root exploit>

Search This thread

Khasar2012

Dec 12, 2012
Hey guys, I have Kindle Fire HD 16gig, version 7.2.2. I managed to get as far as this..

adb shell
echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop

Until I get permission denied, anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

Apr 7, 2008
Did you do the reboot in the right places? Might also try the HTC Sensation temp root which is based on this method. It provides 2 batch files to automate the temp root part. Just need to manually mount the filesystem as writeable and install SU binary and app.

src: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661631

Hey guys, I have Kindle Fire HD 16gig, version 7.2.2. I managed to get as far as this..

adb shell

Until I get permission denied, anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

Last edited:

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
I'm rooted and want to add Google Play but when I click on some of the needed downloads my monitor just keeps flashing and never completes the download. Any ideas?

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Root and Google Play for Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Software Version 7.2.3

I'm rooted and want to add Google Play but when I click on some of the needed downloads my monitor just keeps flashing and never completes the download. Any ideas?

Clarke33,

Hmmm, maybe your Internet Service provider is having trouble tonight. Try again tomorrow AM,

if you still have trouble call me anytime after 11am PST GMT -8.

dockmon

Jan 19, 2013
The question was asked in the other forum and not answered. If I can change system permission why do I need to root my device? With the first command I get rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied. Makes sense. What Is the secret? What version of adb should I be using?:crying:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Root Kindle Fire HD and 2

The question was asked in the other forum and not answered. If I can change system permission why do I need to root my device? With the first command I get rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied. Makes sense. What Is the secret? What version of adb should I be using?:crying:

dockmon,

I am sorry for the delayed response, we were down for over 1 week. Anyway, How can you change system permissions, this is only allowed if you are Rooted.:confused:We go by the date. The current ADB is 01/05/2013, our Noob Guide has the latest software and ADB. If you go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069117

You will be able to obtain the latest versions of the software. There is no secret, just some steps that take advantage of a known exploit in Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Rooting gives you power to do anything on your Kindle, it is worth taking the time to Root. We are back, responding to the posts now.

mmesh

Sep 6, 2007
dockmon,
I am sorry for the delayed response, we were down for over 1 week. Anyway, How can you change system permissions, this is only allowed if you are Rooted.:confused:We go by the date. The current ADB is 01/05/2013, our Noob Guide has the latest software and ADB. If you go here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069117

Hi prokennuxusa,

Can You tell me if I can use Your tutorial to root my new Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (System version 8.1.4_user_1413620)?

I just need a Google Play Store but if I understand correctly I first need to root my device to be able to do that...

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Question: Can I Use Your Tutorial To Root My New Kindle Fire HD 8.9 - Yes!

Hi prokennuxusa,

Can You tell me if I can use Your tutorial to root my new Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (System version 8.1.4_user_1413620)?

I just need a Google Play Store but if I understand correctly I first need to root my device to be able to do that...

mmesh,

First let me apologize for the delay, I was out helping my Father yesterday who is a quadriplegic. Your question if our tutorials are compatible with the Kindle Fire HD 8.9", the answer is yes, all our tutorials work with Kindle Fire HD 8.9", the Kindle Fire HD 7" and the Kindle Fire 2:

[ROOT][HOW TO] Root the Kindle Fire 7" HD and 2 with Windows - Noob (Simple) Version

[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version

Last edited:

freaksworth

Aug 27, 2011
www.xbmcnerds.com
Just flashed TWRP to my kindle fire hd and wanted to say that there is no need for a factory cable, just use
adb shell su -c "reboot recovery"
... and it boots into fastboot. Didn't find that in your threads concerning fastboot etc.

best regards
f

(didn't find any better thread to post)

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
How To Enable Fastboot On The Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

Just flashed TWRP to my kindle fire hd and wanted to say that there is no need for a factory cable, just use
... and it boots into fastboot. Didn't find that in your threads concerning fastboot etc.

best regards
f

(didn't find any better thread to post)

freaksworth,

Yes, we are aware of this, the Factory USB Cable is for the Kindle Fire HD 7" and the Kindle Fire 2, do not ever use it on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" damage will result. Up until 1 week ago, you had to use a Factory USB Cable but recently Hascode has cracked the Bootloader allowing you to boot like any other Android.

There are several ways to enable Fastboot on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9":

Turn the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" off, plug into USB and type:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
While you see <waiting for device> - turn the Kindle on, it will boot into Fastboot.

Once you are done, hold the power down for 20 seconds or type:

Code:
fastboot reboot -i 0x1949
To exit Recovery. Now once you have TWRP on the Kindle Fire HD 7" or 2 you can enter the Recovery without a Fastboot cable by:

Code:

Last edited:

freaksworth

Aug 27, 2011
www.xbmcnerds.com
Hi,
I'm talking about my kindle fire hd 7" without TWRP.
I defenitely do not own a factory cable yet and booted into fastboot as explained. (many times with different cables)

br
f

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
How To Boot The Kindle Fire HD Without A Fastboot Cable

Hi,
I'm talking about my kindle fire hd 7" without TWRP.
I defenitely do not own a factory cable yet and booted into fastboot as explained. (many times with different cables)

br
f

freaksworth,

This statement can be confusing to people, we just tried to boot 3 different Kindle Fire HD 7" using this method:

Code:
adb shell su -c "reboot bootloader"
None of these would boot into Fastboot. Maybe we are missing something like Hashcode Method as outlined here:

1. Download Stack override file to Root of ADB: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/stack
  2. Download kfhd7-freedom-boot.img (USED ONLY THE FIRST TIME -- .zip files will have their own boot.img's from now on) to Root of Fastboot: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/kfhd7-freedom-boot.img
  3. Download TWRP Recovery to Root of Fastboot: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/kfh...0-recovery.img
Then following Hashcode Method as outlined here:

Code:
adb push stack /data/local/tmp/
adb shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/stack of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system bs=6519488 seek=1"
Then following Hashcode Method as outlined here:

Code:
adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,rw ext4 /system"
adb shell su -c "mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak"
adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,ro ext4 /system"
Then following Hashcode Method as outlined here - Be sure the Kindle is Powered off prior to starting the flash process:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot kfhd7-freedom-boot.img
Then following Hashcode Method as outlined here - While you see <waiting for device> turn the Kindle on then proceed:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd7-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
By the way, Hashcode is a complete genius to be able to figure this out on the Kindle Fire 7" HD! Now you are able to use this command to boot into Recovery:

Code:

Last edited:
Reactions: point99trash2011

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
I have to apologize.
It hast to be:

(of course you cannot boot into recovery on stock kindle...)

freaksworth,

No worries, we just thought we were going crazy since that command has been around for a long time. We just did not want people to think they could simply boot the Kindle into Fastboot - we have been trying this for the last year, this is why we say Hashcode is a genius.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sparkym3 released an automated tool for this, please see here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31730134&postcount=1

Please DO NOT donate to nor credit me me for this matter, this was not my find, we just tried an existing exploit on the device.

Dear bloggers, source this when copying:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/09/17/amazon-kindle-fire-hd-7-already-rooted-heres-how-to-do-it/

Amazon failed to fix the bug sparkym3 (http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4411543) found in ICS, whoops.

http://downloads.noshufou.netdna-cdn.com/superuser/Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip
    unzip the zip, get su from /system/bin/ and Superuser.apk from /system/app/ and put them in your current directory

adb shell
    rm -r /data/local/tmp
    ln -s /data/ /data/local/tmp
    exit

adb reboot

adb shell
    exit

adb reboot

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
    adb push su /system/xbin/su
    adb shell
    chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
    chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    rm /data/local.prop
    exit

adb reboot

adb install Superuser.apk
    As always thanks for your work man!!

Not my work, thank sparkym3. We just went testing older exploits before releasing a new one, and this worked.
    how do i get my kindle to be recognized when i type "adb shell" in the command line? I enabled adb in the security settings

If you have the SDK installed and you get "error: device not found" you need to do the following steps. This worked for me.

Navigate to the [your user name]/.android folder. It is under C:\Users

Edit the adb_usb.ini file, adding the following line of code at the end:

0×1949

Close and save that file.

Now find the folder where your SDK is installed, and open the usb_driver folder. In that folder, find the file android_winusb.inf and add the following code to both the [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64] sections:

;Kindle Fire
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01

Reboot and then run adb shell again. It should recognize your device.
    Kindle Fire HD 7.2.1 using the Qemu auto - thing keeps stalling at step 3 "looking for access"

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

It's leaving me an unstable device that requires a factory reset to operate. Any insight would be appreciated.

Mine did the same, simply ignore it..
    CTRL c

to stop
    restart the script and start with step 4 --> it will stall again but will work..

Scsi
    someonhe has sucessfuly rooted a 7.2.2 version?