Good news about the battery

Search This thread

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
The battery used in the Galaxy Camera is the same one as used in the Samsung Galaxy S II. So you can pick these up for less than £10 so it's no problem keeping 1 or 2 spare with you when you're out and about.

Due to the nature of this camera, the battery performance isn't fantastic as expected and Sammy should have put a bigger capacity cell in there. But at least replacements are easy to come by.

Last edited:

IAmCloud9

Nov 24, 2012
The battery used in the Galaxy Camera is the same one as used in the Samsung Galaxy II. So you can pick these up for less than £10 so it's no problem keeping 1 or 2 spare with you when you're out and about.

I hate to ask this question and get blasted if it's already been answered elsewhere...but this seemed like the most logical place for it. I know the different versions of the Galaxy s2 have different batteries.

Which one would one use on the Galaxy Camera. Going on a trip over to Asia and don't want to have to recharge the camera every 10 minutes. Saw two versions from Anker on Amazon and was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. Because I'm a noob I can't save you time and post the links.

Much appreciated. Don't hate me.

1Nav

Aug 26, 2008
Mate get the Anker twin pack which comes with a free battery charger. BARGAIN! and they are great i use them in my Galaxy Camera.

IAmCloud9

Nov 24, 2012
Mate get the Anker twin pack which comes with a free battery charger. BARGAIN! and they are great i use them in my Galaxy Camera.

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking to do. But my dumb question is that there seems to be many variations of the 2 batteries and charger. Different mAH levels that say they only work for specific versions of the GS2. I'd hate to buy a battery that was too big with only a few days left before my trip and not enough time to exchange.

I assume that the different batteries that work with specific GS2s means that only one version works with the camera. Sorry to be such a douche about it. 1900 mAH that doesn't work with s2 II(SGH-I727) or s2 II(SGH-T989. 2200 mAH that doesn't work with S2I9100 etc. I don't know if you have as many versions to worry about on amazon as we do in the states since we have different carriers on different wireless technologies.

paulikxp

Jun 23, 2009
Hamburg, Germany
As long as the batteries fit shape-wise they should work. Anyway: the correct type is EB-F1A2GBU, 1650mAh.

But be careful, there are loads of fakes out there, just bought two (ok, they were unreasonable cheap) and they won't fit into the camera's battery slot (too thick).

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I bought 2 x Galaxy S2 1800mAh batteries and a charger for £9 off eBay and they work without any problems. I know there are 'fakes' out there with regards to the capacities but I have used ebay for replacement universal batteries for years for a whole range of phones and (so far) no problems. As ever pick a seller with good ratings and read the feedback etc and I don't see why you'd have any issues.

Regarding compatibility, I just used the original battery model number: EB-F1A2GBU and searched from there.

Nov 11, 2012
I hate to ask this question and get blasted if it's already been answered elsewhere...but this seemed like the most logical place for it. I know the different versions of the Galaxy s2 have different batteries.

Which one would one use on the Galaxy Camera. Going on a trip over to Asia and don't want to have to recharge the camera every 10 minutes. Saw two versions from Anker on Amazon and was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. Because I'm a noob I can't save you time and post the links.

Just use Samsung original battery for Galaxy S II GT-I9100....
Samsung release two models, 1650mAh like the one that comes default on GT-I9100, and 2000mAh official extended battery. The size is the same, so both can be used with SGC.

Reactions: Jiggity Janx

dalethefarmer

Jul 27, 2010
New York
When I bought mine at the AT&T store here in NY, they gave me a Samsung charging kit for free. The kit has a Samsung battery charger and an extra Samsung battery.

Nov 11, 2012
When I bought mine at the AT&T store here in NY, they gave me a Samsung charging kit for free. The kit has a Samsung battery charger and an extra Samsung battery.

I'm jealous, I didn't get this kit when I bought mine from AT&T. :/

In Indonesia, if you buy this on the launching day, you get battery kit (1x 1650mAh battery + 1x external charger) and protective film for the display :laugh:

Pogue Moran

Dec 30, 2010
I bought mine from att as well. I actually asked if there were any promotions going on for the camera and that's when they brought up the charger. They didn't volunteer the information. Go back into the store and ask.

Nov 11, 2012
Question, the battery that you can fit in to Galaxy Camera, is it 1650mAh or 2000mAh?
Both can fit as long as they are Samsung original battery for SGS2.
I can't say the same for other non official 2000mAh (or more) extended battery :fingers-crossed:

The post you quoted said "the size is the same" and "both can be used with sgc "

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premiu
LOL :laugh:

jackspylo84

Nov 29, 2011
Samsung release two models, 1650mAh like the one that comes default on GT-I9100, and 2000mAh official extended battery. The size is the same, so both can be used with SGC.

Can i use Samsung Battery Charger Stand for Galaxy S II to recharge the Galaxy Camera original batteries?

jackspylo84

Nov 29, 2011
Last but not least...can i use Galaxy Camera charger to charge the battery with the charger stand? The output of the Galaxy Camera charger is 5V 1A but the input of the charger stand is 5V 0.7A...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

G4Cab

Dec 9, 2012
Elmshorn
You can use all accessories from the galaxy s2 and galaxy cam for the batteries.

The batteries are 100% identical. But be careful, there are extremly many fake-batteries out there.
It took me three times to buy really original batteries.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

mjsztainbok

Dec 4, 2006
The battery used in the Galaxy Camera is the same one as used in the Samsung Galaxy II. So you can pick these up for less than £10 so it's no problem keeping 1 or 2 spare with you when you're out and about.

Due to the nature of this camera, the battery performance isn't fantastic as expected and Sammy should have put a bigger capacity cell in there. But at least replacements are easy to come by.

I heard that the batteries are also the same as the AT&T Galaxy S II (not the Captivate version). Is this true?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The battery used in the Galaxy Camera is the same one as used in the Samsung Galaxy S II. So you can pick these up for less than £10 so it's no problem keeping 1 or 2 spare with you when you're out and about.

As the batteries are exactly the same model they will fit in the charger, so absolutely, yes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2