[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

scoutzilla

Nov 5, 2012
I was looking forward to giving this a go. But can't find the App in GStore...
:silly:

Last edited:

scoutzilla

Nov 5, 2012
Easy Install

Sweet, easy Install, loaded 2 cards, once I try it a donation will be sent.

Galaxy S3
ROM Jelly Bean's Build 8

pforsb01

Oct 4, 2012
Hey Prl91,

Thank you for your work on this app. I am getting the "Setting up Wallet, this may take up to 5 minutes" message. It'll hang there for a while and then says:

"Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the phone has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists."

I am running Task's AOKP JB 4.2.1 ROM on ATT. Bought the app from the Google Play but have been using the most updated version in the OP. Have tried on 4g and WiFi and determined it is not a network issue. Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mikestony

Feb 3, 2012
Hey Prl91,

Thank you for your work on this app. I am getting the "Setting up Wallet, this may take up to 5 minutes" message. It'll hang there for a while and then says:

"Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the phone has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists."

I am running Task's AOKP JB 4.2.1 ROM on ATT. Bought the app from the Google Play but have been using the most updated version in the OP. Have tried on 4g and WiFi and determined it is not a network issue. Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks!
I also had that same message....I shut off my phone for about 10 minutes, powered back on and tried again and it went thru....fwiw :)

TJF2012

Dec 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Worked great for me so far. Tomorrow I will go test it out! Thank you!

UPDATE: Tried it out on a jack in box yesterday, worked perfect!

Im running Synergy rom with lean kernel

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

CKyl22

Jan 8, 2010
Is there a way to UNINSTALL wallet with this app so I dont have to reset my secure element every time I reflash a ROM?

Reactions: tonstar17

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Is there a way to UNINSTALL wallet with this app so I dont have to reset my secure element every time I reflash a ROM?

Unfortunately, no. Until we know more about the secure element, we can't remove the data stored inside of it. You'll need to reset it manually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Hey Prl91,

Thanks!

I would recommend you give what mike said a shot. If that doesn't work, pm me!

aakelly20

Jan 5, 2013
cincinnati
Executioner

I have it working on executioner. I'm wanting to flash 4.2 soon. Anything I need to do first to make sure I don't end up with a brick???

ElYukiPR

Feb 1, 2011
Dorado
Wicked ROM & Google Wallet???

I'm having issues adding card. Takes forever to add a card. I did something wrong or it's just the ROM? I'm on Wicked Jelly Bean v5 with SuperSU (Chainfire) V0.99 & TWRP Recovery.

(1) Nandroid Backup (just in case)
(2) Download and Install Busybox Free v 1.20.2 (Stericson)
(3) Downloaded and Install WalletInstallerV3.apk
(4) Selected JB TW and Tmo ---> Install Wallet
(5) After automatic reboot, Wallet appears in Apps Drawer.
(6) Launch the apps and start configuring my account.
(7) After login, received a message that can't login.
(8) Restart the app, and my acount was succesfully set (confirmation via e-mail was received).
(9) Google Wallet detects my credit cards at my account. I selected one of them to add it but never pass from "Adding Card".
(10) Read about W-Fi and I disable it, reboot, and tried again. No success.

Any Idea?

:(

jas88

Jul 14, 2012
Also working fine on galaxymod 14.1.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

nguyenvn

Aug 21, 2012
Is the location option in the settings working for anyone? I have it enabled but it always says unknown location. Do I need to have GPS enabled for it to work properly? Not a big issue, everything else works.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
I'm having issues adding card. Takes forever to add a card. I did something wrong or it's just the ROM? I'm on Wicked Jelly Bean v5 with SuperSU (Chainfire) V0.99 & TWRP Recovery.

(1) Nandroid Backup (just in case)
(2) Download and Install Busybox Free v 1.20.2 (Stericson)
(3) Downloaded and Install WalletInstallerV3.apk
(4) Selected JB TW and Tmo ---> Install Wallet
(5) After automatic reboot, Wallet appears in Apps Drawer.
(6) Launch the apps and start configuring my account.
(7) After login, received a message that can't login.
(8) Restart the app, and my acount was succesfully set (confirmation via e-mail was received).
(9) Google Wallet detects my credit cards at my account. I selected one of them to add it but never pass from "Adding Card".
(10) Read about W-Fi and I disable it, reboot, and tried again. No success.

Any Idea?

:(

I've heard of that happening a couple times. It seems to be a wallet issue, not my app. From what I've heard from other users, you just need to reboot and try again. Basically rinse and repeat until one sticks, and then you'll be golden. Weird, right? It seems to be the consensus though.

dtfarm

Jan 11, 2013
Soft brick please help

Ran the app and on restart, I get black screen. I just rooted my phone so I didn't save anything. Is there a way to unbrick without losing my data (text messages, apps, call logs)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    No time table just want to know if not when my friend... Lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There will be an update to wallet on my end. I still need to figure out how I want to solve the patching problem though. I have a new method, but until I'm positive it works you'll have to wait for me or someone else to release a patched version. If all goes well though in the future you won't need to come here to know of compatible updates, Wallet will be tricked in real time. I'm not quite there yet though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys! Sorry for not being around lately, but I wanted to give you a heads up that I hope to update on the server side this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Confirmed working nfc tap payments100% New wallet version on as aosp.
    -Uninstall any version of wallet currently installed
    -run washer installer app
    -after reboot set up wallet completely
    -update wallet from the playstore
    -open wallet to confirm tap+pay
    -close wallet
    -restore build.prop using wallet installer

Been testing at several locations, all working correctly. Super easy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    The other patch I've seen involves xposed framework and looks cumbersome for those of us who are flashing ROMs a lot and therefore resetting and reinstalling wallet regularly. Hope whatever you devise is a little smoother ;)

I plan on keeping the installation process very easy as it has been! As far as my plans go, you shouldn't notice any big differences. There will more than likely be a new installer though when I make a full swap to the new method I've been considering.