[HOWTO][TAR][OUDHS] THE ODIN THREAD :: Return to stock, fix soft brick :: 5/7/13 MDL

Search This thread

demonr6

Apr 20, 2012
You should be able to pull the battery and reboot into Download mode. Make sure your firmware is correct. Phone should boot the system when it completes.
Recovery will; be stock and you'll need to root again and install a custom recovery.

If your phone was updated to the latest 4.4.4 ota release, the file your looking for is Stock S4 Firmware_M919UVUFNH7_M919TMBFNH7_TMB Got a copy from sammoblie, but I bet its around XDA somewhere.

Thank you, that was it. I returned it to stock after following the instructions in the how-to thread but something happened and it boned the recovery where it would reboot into the device every time. Being they need to inspect the phone and in my case they wiped it in front of me when I turned it in it had to be fixed. The device received the updates from TMO and stupid of me I installed them so it was now 4.3 hence the reason I could not install the stock 4.2 anymore. I found the stock firmware you mentioned above and installed it and it fixed it but tripped the counter. I installed the updates from TMO and it was enough to pass inspection. I was able to go into recovery at the store, show the clerk while he was dicking around with the paperwork for the Note I was about to buy. I reached over, showed him "look here it is in recovery and here is wipe data factory reset okay?" and wiped it. He muttered okay thanks or something like that and we were golden. Heck if he could have read the counter anyways it is so flipping tiny.

Off to the Note 4 forums! Thanks for all the help. The S4 was a blast, sorry as I was to let it go it was such a good phone but the Note 4 is effing sexy. Peace!

howareyou?

Sep 10, 2013
please help

hey guy's so my galaxy s4 m919 doesnt boot into recovery or os or anything for that matter besides odin mode
Here's what my phone says while in odin mode
"Could not do a normal boot"
ODIN MODE
Product name: SGH: m919
Current Binary: Custom
System status: Custom
Knox kernal lock : 0x0
knox warrienty void: 0x1
csb-config-lsb: 0x30
Write protection enabled
emc burst mode enabled.""

ive included a photo of what odin says when i try to flash a custom recovery also ive typed it up just incase you're not able to see the photo attached (i have drivers installed already)

"<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Added!!"

Update

ive got it to start downloading then it just gave up and failed
on my phone it says
"start [224,1440]
SV rev. cecK fail : FUSED : 5 , BINARY : 1

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
hey guy's so my galaxy s4 m919 doesnt boot into recovery or os or anything for that matter besides odin mode
Here's what my phone says while in odin mode
"Could not do a normal boot"
ODIN MODE
Product name: SGH: m919
Current Binary: Custom
System status: Custom
Knox kernal lock : 0x0
knox warrienty void: 0x1
csb-config-lsb: 0x30
Write protection enabled
emc burst mode enabled.""

ive included a photo of what odin says when i try to flash a custom recovery also ive typed it up just incase you're not able to see the photo attached (i have drivers installed already)

"<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Added!!"

Update

ive got it to start downloading then it just gave up and failed
on my phone it says
"start [224,1440]
SV rev. cecK fail : FUSED : 5 , BINARY : 1

Because you're trying to flash mdl when you are on mk2/nb4/nh7/nk2.

You can't downgrade.

howareyou?

Sep 10, 2013
Because you're trying to flash mdl when you are on mk2/nb4/nh7/nk2.

You can't downgrade.

So ive got it to work after flashing the stock firmware in the link.
but now it says some weird thing

it says "kernel is not seandroid enforcing
"Set warranty bit : Kernel"

Also wifi doesn't work any ideas on what iv'e got to do to fix these two problems?

williambs

Apr 30, 2010
Missouri
UPdate to NH7 coming for TMobile M919

Does anyone forsee an update to the NH7 Bootloader and Modem coming in the future?

dungho

Nov 27, 2011
thanks for this. I don't know y i can't boot into recovery when the rom got stuck... luckily i found this

john-ammu

Jul 29, 2013
MR k0nane

i have an issue. sgh-m919 says kernel is not seandroid enforcing, i revert i9505 to Sgh-M919, and wifi also not working its showing mac address in statu in setting tell me which kernel i have to use and how to fix wifi?

Last edited:

thunda789

Jul 18, 2012
Will this work for any and all of the l337 phones no matter what is on them? My brother put a rom on my phone and it's not working, I'd like to return to stock and upgrade to the latest OTA, he's not available. Currently my Build is the Nl1, 4.4.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k0nane and the OUD Hit Squad present...
    Odin: Return to Stock, fix soft brick
    Sponsored by k0nane.info. Have you tipped your devs today?

DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Why the big red warning? Far too many people have broken their devices by not following these instructions! Search the forums, or drop by IRC - you'll see plenty of examples from all kinds of devices.

These instructions should fix your soft-bricked or broken phone as long as you can get it into download mode. Make sure you have drivers already installed on your Windows computer before starting. Please read them all the way through and then begin.

Linux and Mac users, Heimdall will work, but is beyond the scope of this tutorial. You probably know how to use it anyway.

Note: the indicators in Download Mode will read "custom" even after flashing this TAR. As there are no official TARs yet available, there's not much to be done. EDIT: Official TARs are now available, and may change this. YMMV.

Code:
    #include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Instructions

1. Download Odin 3.07 - see section below.
    2. Download the stock TAR for your device - see section below.
    3. Extract the contents of odin-307.zip and the 7zip/zip archive. If the latter contains SS_DL.dll, put it in your Odin folder. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
    4. Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:
      • Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
      • Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
      • Don't panic. Odin will freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.
    5. Put your device into Download Mode:
      • Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
      • Hold Volume Down + Power.
    6. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.
    7. Make sure Odin looks similar to the following:

2HYGAEel.png

8. Click Start in Odin.
    9. Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:

lNZx6HCl.png

That's it! Your device will autoreboot, and your phone should be working properly again. Be sure to wipe data in recovery (boot to it with Vol Up+Power) after completing this process if you have further issues.

Downloads​

Credits:

• Shabbypenguin: Shabbypenguin
    • SamMobile: UVUAMDL TAR
    P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

AAvvp.png

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0!
    Join the OUDHS and I on IRC at irc.freenode.net #oudhitsquad, or via the webchat link in my signature.
    Download links are down. Can any one help me find the mdl stock firmaware.? Thanks:good:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=14362
    Here is an Extra mirror just in case:D
    Thank you, but that won't be necessary.