After KitKat overheat with magnetic charger, someone else?

Search This thread

jacker60

Oct 18, 2010
Distrito Federal
Ok So I bought some adapters (see attachments) to charge mi Z1 via the magnetic port, So far I dont have problems, until the KitKat update, in all JB versions I can charge it without any problem, I have one charger in my room and I use another for the school (different cable, different power source, different adaptor) But after the KitKat update there is a point (mostly when the battery reaches almost 50%) when the phone starts to get some overheat, there is even a point when stops charging (maybe for security I suppose) I left it in the night and when I wake up the battery is at 60% + -, and the phone its hot as I was playing with it, it only happen via the magnetic and only with the kitkat upgrade, anyone else having this behaviour? I have do a update via PC Companion, and after notice these behaviour, a complete wipe with SEUS, same results

any idea? :(

BTW If i charge the phone turned off it doesnt get overheat..... and charges normally

Last edited:

KarimSalloum

Apr 24, 2012
Beirut
Ok So I bought some adapters (see attachments) to charge mi Z1 via the magnetic port, So far I dont have problems, until the KitKat update, in all JB versions I can charge it without any problem, I have one charger in my room and I use another for the school (different cable, different power source, different adaptor) But after the KitKat update there is a point (mostly when the battery reaches almost 50%) when the phone starts to get some overheat, there is even a point when stops charging (maybe for security I suppose) I left it in the night and when I wake up the battery is at 60% + -, and the phone its hot as I was playing with it, it only happen via the magnetic and only with the kitkat upgrade, anyone else having this behaviour? I have do a update via PC Companion, and after notice these behaviour, a complete wipe with SEUS, same results

any idea? :(

BTW If i charge the phone turned off it doesnt get overheat..... and charges normally

I'm charging my phone with the dock (which is obviously magnetic) but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Of course I dont touch it while it's docked , but I haven't noticed the battery stop charging or anything. could be your charger.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I'm using magnet-USB cable (not adapter) and there's no problems with it..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

jacker60

Oct 18, 2010
Distrito Federal
Z1 compact doing the same after kk.

Seriously? well I'm not feeling alone now...

I'm charging my phone with the dock (which is obviously magnetic) but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Of course I dont touch it while it's docked , but I haven't noticed the battery stop charging or anything. could be your charger.

I dont touch the phone too, well its strange because i go back too JB and this doesnt happen, and update again and it starts to heat, also I tried 2 different chargers :/

I'm using magnet-USB cable (not adapter) and there's no problems with it..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Well maybe I will try another flashing and see what happen :crying: