[Q] Phone's In Trouble, wondering if it's still fixable?

Search This thread

TheRedFlash

May 15, 2014
To cut the story short, my EVO was working fine, it was S-off, Rooted, Unlocked with a custom rom. Two nights ago i decide to upgrade my HBOOT to 2.10 using RUU_JEWEL_CL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_Sprint_WWE_4.13.651.4 and everything went downhill from there.

This is my current situation and wondering if it's still fixable:

Phone is RELOCKED,Unrooted but S-off. Stuck in a bootloop where it stays on the Splash screen no matter what rom you install. FastBoot commands give me FAILED (remote : not allowed), tried re-using RUU but I keep getting Error 120: BATTERY under 30% while my phone battery is at 84%, I'm stuck and don't know what to do anymore. :eek:

and yes, I can still use recovery TWRP.

Any suggestions? Please and thanks for the help.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
To cut the story short, my EVO was working fine, it was S-off, Rooted, Unlocked with a custom rom. Two nights ago i decide to upgrade my HBOOT to 2.10 using RUU_JEWEL_CL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_Sprint_WWE_4.13.651.4 and everything went downhill from there.

This is my current situation and wondering if it's still fixable:

Phone is RELOCKED,Unrooted but S-off. Stuck in a bootloop where it stays on the Splash screen no matter what rom you install. FastBoot commands give me FAILED (remote : not allowed), tried re-using RUU but I keep getting Error 120: BATTERY under 30% while my phone battery is at 84%, I'm stuck and don't know what to do anymore. :eek:

and yes, I can still use recovery TWRP.

Any suggestions? Please and thanks for the help.

Are you installing roms for the new layout

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Also, did you unlock the bootloader again? Do this before you do anything else. Also, as stated above, make sure you're flashing ROM's based on the new format. ROM's based on the old partition format (software version 3.17 or older) will not work. Additionally, what version of TWRP are you using? You have to use TWRP that's for the new format, also.

Sent from my HTC device

Last edited:

TheRedFlash

May 15, 2014
Also, did you unlock the bootloader again? Do this before you do anything else. Also, as stated above, make sure you're flashing ROM's based on the new format. ROM's based on the old partition format (software version 3.17 or older) will not work. Additionally, what version of TWRP are you using? You have to use TWRP that's for the new format, also.

No, I haven't attempted to unlock it again, but will do so now. Also, these are the two roms that i have tried and both didn't work Viper4G 4.0.0 and the Sense 5 (4.3) Y18 Version. They are both made for the new partition. Well i started with TWRP 2.7.0.0b but then downgraded it to 2.6.0.0 since i thought maybe the TWRP is failing to install my ROM's correctly.

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
No, I haven't attempted to unlock it again, but will do so now. Also, these are the two roms that i have tried and both didn't work Viper4G 4.0.0 and the Sense 5 (4.3) Y18 Version. They are both made for the new partition. Well i started with TWRP 2.7.0.0b but then downgraded it to 2.6.0.0 since i thought maybe the TWRP is failing to install my ROM's correctly.

Use TWRP from the 3rd post in the thread below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2751873

Sent from my HTC device

Reactions: TheRedFlash

TheRedFlash

May 15, 2014

So far so good, I was able to unlock bootloader again and flashed the recovery you gave me. Should I flash a ROM now to see if it worked?

*Tip for those who can't get bootloader to re-unlock again through Fastboot. Put the Unlock_code.bin in the same directory as Fastboot and just use the command fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin*

UPDATE:

Tried flashing a ROM, everything goes well but at the end of installation or wipe I get E: unable to mount /system and I cannot mount manually neither through recovery. I am also noticing that when the phone restarts it stays on the splash screen still but my HTCSyn Manager seems to be detecting it because it pops up mentioning that it couldn't connect to my phone.

Last edited:

RChris173

Nov 4, 2008
So far so good, I was able to unlock bootloader again and flashed the recovery you gave me. Should I flash a ROM now to see if it worked?

*Tip for those who can't get bootloader to re-unlock again through Fastboot. Put the Unlock_code.bin in the same directory as Fastboot and just use the command fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin*

UPDATE:

Tried flashing a ROM, everything goes well but at the end of installation or wipe I get E: unable to mount /system and I cannot mount manually neither through recovery. I am also noticing that when the phone restarts it stays on the splash screen still but my HTCSyn Manager seems to be detecting it because it pops up mentioning that it couldn't connect to my phone.

I got that error too, it sounds like you are not using the correct version of TWRP for the new partition layout.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.8b or 4.13.651.4 Firmware + TWRP Recovery

Should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRedFlash

TheRedFlash

May 15, 2014
I got that error too, it sounds like you are not using the correct version of TWRP for the new partition layout.

Should work.

Chris, I got it working this morning, by coincidence/luck. I put my phone in RUU mode using fastboot oem rebootRUU and then ran the actually RUU utility and from there on it took off. Either way, thanks for you reply man, it'll probably help someone when they encounter this situation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Use TWRP from the 3rd post in the thread below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2751873

Sent from my HTC device

UPDATE:

Should work.