Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I need a couple people running either MK2 or MJ7 with Safestrap installed to test if flashing the tether unlock zip below (MJ7 or MK2 depending on what build your on) also enables all toggles, including the Wifi Hotspot toggle. I flashed the MJ7 one since I'm on MJ7 and it worked but I want to confirm it works and hopefully someone on MK2 can confirm it works before I post it for everyone. Please respond and let me know if it works/doesn't and what if any errors were. Only try on VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 roms/builds.

Thanks

Edit: Links removed, thanks to those who tested and confirmed it worked. Downloads are now here

Last edited:
Reactions: gnubian

Slowbalt

Oct 29, 2010
Chicago
I need a couple people running either MK2 or MJ7 with Safestrap installed to test if flashing the tether unlock zip below (MJ7 or MK2 depending on what build your on) also enables all toggles, including the Wifi Hotspot toggle. I flashed the MJ7 one since I'm on MJ7 and it worked but I want to confirm it works and hopefully someone on MK2 can confirm it works before I post it for everyone. Please respond and let me know if it works/doesn't and what if any errors were.

Thanks

MJ7 Tether unlock w/ toggle
md5:b382d98e112adc5e48c7b37b2bb4bd6a

MK2 Tether unlock w/ toggle
md5:12e3eab158521d355ddd3956f340cf70

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just tried the MJ7 zip while running Foxhound SS on stock slot. I ran into a bootloop after wiping cache and davlik. Said it was trying to start an app that was already running and had to stop first then looped. Had to restore a nandroid. oh well.

Thanks for the hard work Surge

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just tried the MJ7 zip while running Foxhound SS on stock slot. I ran into a bootloop after wiping cache and davlik. Said it was trying to start an app that was already running and had to stop first then looped. Had to restore a nandroid. oh well.

Thanks for the hard work Surge

This is because Foxhound uses a ML6 base so the framework-res.apk file is different. Sorry should have stated in the OP to only try on VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 roms/builds. Ill edit it now, thanks for trying though and again sorry about the bootloop

Slowbalt

Oct 29, 2010
Chicago
This is because Foxhound uses a ML6 base so the framework-res.apk file is different. Sorry should have stated in the OP to only try on VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 roms/builds. Ill edit it now, thanks for trying though and again sorry about the bootloop

No issues. Just thought I would help test. This is why god made guinea pigs and testers. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I need a couple people running either MK2 or MJ7 with Safestrap installed to test if flashing the tether unlock zip below (MJ7 or MK2 depending on what build your on) also enables all toggles, including the Wifi Hotspot toggle. I flashed the MJ7 one since I'm on MJ7 and it worked but I want to confirm it works and hopefully someone on MK2 can confirm it works before I post it for everyone. Please respond and let me know if it works/doesn't and what if any errors were. Only try on VRUEMJ7 or VRUEMK2 roms/builds.

Thanks

Edit: Links removed, thanks to those who tested and confirmed it worked. Downloads are now here
    Seems to work fine so far

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
    Worked on rooted stock MK2 on safestrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk