[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wont start up, Voltage Reading

Search This thread

mariogo

Feb 26, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 wont start-up, after further research online i came across a few threads, which lead into the direction of draining the device residual voltage, which supposedly either usually or is supposed to take about 10 minutes.

However, i disconnected the battery from the device hours ago, (approximately 12 hours ago) and monitored the residual voltage dropping from the battery terminal on the device, not on the battery. It dropped rapidly initially then became a slow process at 0.13V, now after 12 hours, it is still sitting at 0.01V for over 5 hours now.

I am trying to drain the residual voltage so i can reconnect the battery to see if it will start-up.

It might also worth to mention that, the device was recognized in device manager on a PC under other device as APX, and i also tested the voltage output from the battery itself as its currently fully charge and seem to be outputting the correct voltage, doesn't seem to be any problem with the battery, so as it is now, i am just waiting for this 0.01V to drain so i can reconnect the battery.

Is it normal to take this long to drain? or will it ever drain to 0? or is it ok to reconnect at 0.01?

Any input or idea would be greatly appreciated.

narska

Feb 24, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 wont start-up, after further research online i came across a few threads, which lead into the direction of draining the device residual voltage, which supposedly either usually or is supposed to take about 10 minutes.

However, i disconnected the battery from the device hours ago, (approximately 12 hours ago) and monitored the residual voltage dropping from the battery terminal on the device, not on the battery. It dropped rapidly initially then became a slow process at 0.13V, now after 12 hours, it is still sitting at 0.01V for over 5 hours now.

I am trying to drain the residual voltage so i can reconnect the battery to see if it will start-up.

It might also worth to mention that, the device was recognized in device manager on a PC under other device as APX, and i also tested the voltage output from the battery itself as its currently fully charge and seem to be outputting the correct voltage, doesn't seem to be any problem with the battery, so as it is now, i am just waiting for this 0.01V to drain so i can reconnect the battery.

Is it normal to take this long to drain? or will it ever drain to 0? or is it ok to reconnect at 0.01?

Any input or idea would be greatly appreciated.

0.01v is nothing, you can reconnect