Stuck on logo, Recovery can't mount data

Search This thread

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
I was using my S3 like any other normal day, tried expanding a post in twitter and then out of nowhere avast crashed along with twitter.
Avast kept crash looping, and twitter would crash any time I tried to open it. I then tried to open facebook and got a error message from that. The UI was stable the whole time though. I went into powermenu and selected reboot, and now my phone is stuck on the Galaxy SIII logo.

I went into recovery and cleared the cache, but when I tried to clear the dalvik I noticed it wouldn't mount /data and it showed internal storage as having no space left, I thought it might be an issue with that version of TWRP, so I updated to the latest one and I'm getting the same thing.

Could this be a hardware issue? The only internal storage I have access to is the system partition.

Any help would be appreciated.

djpabz23

Apr 10, 2013
New York
I was using my S3 like any other normal day, tried expanding a post in twitter and then out of nowhere avast crashed along with twitter.
Avast kept crash looping, and twitter would crash any time I tried to open it. I then tried to open facebook and got a error message from that. The UI was stable the whole time though. I went into powermenu and selected reboot, and now my phone is stuck on the Galaxy SIII logo.

I went into recovery and cleared the cache, but when I tried to clear the dalvik I noticed it wouldn't mount /data and it showed internal storage as having no space left, I thought it might be an issue with that version of TWRP, so I updated to the latest one and I'm getting the same thing.

Could this be a hardware issue? The only internal storage I have access to is the system partition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried doing a factory reset from TWRP?

djpabz23

Apr 10, 2013
New York
I had to do a full hard format for data, but within an hour of using the phone the same thing happened again. My best guess would be that the damn thing is just broken.

Try doing the following

-Wipe /system
-Wipe /data
-Flash a rom
-Wipe /sdcard
-Factory Reset/Data Wipe
-Wipe cache and dalvik and then boot up the rom.

McTavish55

Mar 3, 2012
Try doing the following

-Wipe /system
-Wipe /data
-Flash a rom
-Wipe /sdcard
-Factory Reset/Data Wipe
-Wipe cache and dalvik and then boot up the rom.

Thats what I did before it happened the 2nd time. It is an AOSP firmware though. I'm going to try and flash stock everything in a little while.