[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 can't get past PIT partition

Search This thread

Ace$$

Jul 17, 2014
Hello! Let me start by saying that i have researched a ton and there is a lot of great information on here. The info I've read however doesn't seem to work for me.

My situation is I spilled a little bit of water on my phone (really not much), but it got inside my phone a little, which was already rooted using auto root. My power button thinks its constantly being pushed (i think). It doesn't bootloop, but as soon as i pop the battery in it turns on, and my phone was unresponsive to me clicking the power button. The rest of the phone was fully functional and i checked with Tmobile and it is still under warrenty (didn't mention the water). They told me to backup the phone which i was able to do in kies with no problem. Then they said do a factory reset, which again I did with no problem. It didn't solve my issue which i kinda knew it wouldn't, so the next step for me was to unroot my phone so i can return it. I popped it in odin, selected the original firmware and it started , then it disconnected by itself. Now the firmware upgrade screen pops up, but i am still able to get it into download mode (for me since the power button is suspect) i just have to hold the home and volume down, pop in the battery and it goes to download mode. The problem is that every time i try to hit start in Odin it gets to the part about the PIT partition and disconnects and says there is no PIT partition. Everywhere i've read says to either use a PIT partition (can't find one for the M919) or that the partition is in the m5 file, which as far as i can tell it is not (at least not it's own file). I've tried downloading the stock firmware from a multitude of different places even Sammobile with no luck and I've also tried different computers, different cables, and all the USB ports available to me.

Can anyone please tell me where to go from here please? I need to get this replaced asap! :)

(sorry i also posted this in the general section on accident)

I really think I just need the PIT partition, but I can't seem to find one for the m919 model :(
I have also tried different version of Odin (1.85, 3.07, and 3.09) all with the same result

Last edited:

Ace$$

Jul 17, 2014
i think so. the name of the file is M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i think so. the name of the file is M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5

When you're in download mode do you see anything that mentions KNOX in the upper-left hand corner? I only ask because MDL (4.2.2) firmware is the pre-KNOX firmware and will have no mention of KNOX in the text in download mode; it also will not flash if your bootloader has been updated to MK2 (4.3) or NB4 (4.4.2).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace$$

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
You're trying to flash mdl to a phone that won't take it. (ie it's already been updated to mk2 or nb4).

I'd flash the mk2 or nb4 tar file.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

You can get them here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2816508

Ace$$

Jul 17, 2014
no nothing about knox.

Fu** yeah!! :fingers-crossed: that looks like it might be the problem. i'll download and post how it goes

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
no nothing about knox.

Fu** yeah!! :fingers-crossed: that looks like it might be the problem. i'll download and post how it goes

If the string "KNOX WARRANTY VOID:" doesn't appear in download mode, then your phone has not been updated to 4.3 or 4.4.2 as android_monsters stated. MDL should have flashed as there was nothing related to the bootloader or KNOX keeping you from a successful flash.

One thing I did encounter myself while trying to re-flash my pre-KNOX device; did you ever update your modem/baseband to MK2 or NB4? If you did, I would recommend finding the individual MDL modem/baseband files and manually reverting them before flashing the stock MDL firmware again. Odin never failed for me at the device .pit file, but I did encounter the firmware upgrade screen while trying to revert to stock with an updated modem. Doesn't make sense to me as the stock firmware has the modem and all in it, but that fixed it for me.

Infamous_CA

Jul 19, 2014
I had the same problem but when i tried to flash the lastest firmware its stock on samsung logo... anyone can help me?

NinjaTale

Jul 20, 2014
Hold the power button and the volume up button and try booting into recovery,

Wipe cache
3 times

Wipe dalvik
3 times

Wipe system
3 times

Reflash rom
1 time

Wipe cache
At least 1 time

Reboot or

Flash gapps
(Only if needed)

If that doesn't help, then maybe try a different rom?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

Infamous_CA

Jul 19, 2014
I'm assuming you're flashing the stock firmware via Odin... if that's the case, simply factory reset via stock recovery and you should be good to go.

I tried but it dosnt show recovery.. I flash a recovery but it dossnt boot on recovery. It show samsung galaxy but the screen turn in black.. I think that maybe it a board problem.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I tried but it dosnt show recovery.. I flash a recovery but it dossnt boot on recovery. It show samsung galaxy but the screen turn in black.. I think that maybe it a board problem.

Try re-flashing the stock firmware in Odin. Don't flash a custom recovery at this point, just the stock firmware. Once it passes in Odin, power it off. Hold Power + Volume Up while powering up. It should show the Galaxy S4 screen with "Booting Recovery" in the upper-left.

Infamous_CA

Jul 19, 2014
Yes it say that on blue letters but dosnt show the recovery menu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What stock firmware are you trying to flash?

4.4.2?

When you're in download mode do you see anything that mentions KNOX in the upper-left hand corner? I only ask because MDL (4.2.2) firmware is the pre-KNOX firmware and will have no mention of KNOX in the text in download mode; it also will not flash if your bootloader has been updated to MK2 (4.3) or NB4 (4.4.2).
    You're trying to flash mdl to a phone that won't take it. (ie it's already been updated to mk2 or nb4).

I'd flash the mk2 or nb4 tar file.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

You can get them here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2816508

no nothing about knox.

If the string "KNOX WARRANTY VOID:" doesn't appear in download mode, then your phone has not been updated to 4.3 or 4.4.2 as android_monsters stated. MDL should have flashed as there was nothing related to the bootloader or KNOX keeping you from a successful flash.

One thing I did encounter myself while trying to re-flash my pre-KNOX device; did you ever update your modem/baseband to MK2 or NB4? If you did, I would recommend finding the individual MDL modem/baseband files and manually reverting them before flashing the stock MDL firmware again. Odin never failed for me at the device .pit file, but I did encounter the firmware upgrade screen while trying to revert to stock with an updated modem. Doesn't make sense to me as the stock firmware has the modem and all in it, but that fixed it for me.