Google Wallet for Note II

Search This thread

doctorandrew

Nov 14, 2012
I recently found that Google Wallet is available on Google Play, so I installed it.

When opening it says that my device is not supported. I thought I had NFC, what gives?

Has anyone gotten Google Wallet to work with the Note II?

drksilenc

Jan 8, 2009
Pittsburgh
google wallet is carrier dependant and is not supported even though we have nfc. ATT Verizon and tmo are all pushing for isis not google wallet and isis is in trial in texas and arizona. There is currently no way to enable it on this device because the secure element is locked.

Futant55

May 2, 2011
I was in Austin about a week ago and they had a lot of isis billboards around town. They are definitely shutting out google wallet for isis. It seems wrong to me to do that to Google.

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
NFC is carrier dependant. I don't believe AT&T has approved that on their network.

NFC is not carrier dependent...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

google wallet is carrier dependant and is not supported even though we have nfc. ATT Verizon and tmo are all pushing for isis not google wallet and isis is in trial in texas and arizona. There is currently no way to enable it on this device because the secure element is locked.

You are right but Google Wallet is nto carrier dependent, it is not dependent on any carrier. But partly correct.

carriers want a piece of the pie thats why. that is the ONLY reason they are doing this

Yes also partly correct, Carriers have disabled Google Wallet in attempt to push ISIS, probably a contract deal.

mircury

Jul 18, 2007
Louisville
I re-tweeted a comment I came across a few weeks ago on twitter to try and make some noise on this issue. I think if you want wallet, you should craft your own or retweet this.

accept @googlewallet on your devices @ATT , quit the anti-competitive blockage for @PayWithISIS. @FTCgov @TheJusticeDept

Last edited:

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
I re-tweeted a comment I came across a few weeks ago on twitter to try and make some noise on this issue. If think if you want wallet you should craft your own or retweet this.

accept @googlewallet on your devices @ATT , quit the anti-competitive blockage for @PayWithISIS. @FTCgov @TheJusticeDept

I actually already tweeted similar today, in response to an att tweet about ISIS. ATT supporting ISIS is one thing, forcing us to ONLY be able to use it and nothing else is another. Its ridiculous.

FrozenComa

Jul 30, 2010
Anchorage, AK

So it's been confirmed that there is a secure element for the NFC on this phone?

Dr. Evo

May 24, 2010
Washington, DC
When I first got home with my Note II, I was using some native application, and a pop-up occurred that asked me did I want to setup a Google Wallet account. I remember being really happy to see that. Being stupid, I chose not to do it, because I didn't know if it was the exact same Google Wallet found on Google Play. Just wanted to make sure. So I declined. When I attempted to install the app from Play, that's when I got the incompatibility message others got. And so far I haven't seen the prompt to setup Google Wallet from my phone, again. I wonder what would have happened had I tried it that way?

Milkman00

Jun 12, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
When I first got home with my Note II, I was using some native application, and a pop-up occurred that asked me did I want to setup a Google Wallet account. I remember being really happy to see that. Being stupid, I chose not to do it, because I didn't know if it was the exact same Google Wallet found on Google Play. Just wanted to make sure. So I declined. When I attempted to install the app from Play, that's when I got the incompatibility message others got. And so far I haven't seen the prompt to setup Google Wallet from my phone, again. I wonder what would have happened had I tried it that way?

Google wallet is the name of the "method" that you use to pay for Google Play apps (but it isn't the Google wallet app). It probably asked you that when you setup because you don't have a credit card associated with your Gmail account.

Just a guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Dr. Evo

May 24, 2010
Washington, DC
Google wallet is the name of the "method" that you use to pay for Google Play apps (but it isn't the Google wallet app). It probably asked you that when you setup because you don't have a credit card associated with your Gmail account.

Just a guess.

Gotcha. That was probably the case.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011

Just a guess.

That's exactly the case. I wish google had as much pull as apple when it came to OS specific stuff. The carriers have to much power

thegoob

Aug 16, 2010
Nanty Glo
Just a quick "thought" when they got the 4g lte spectrum werent they told they are not allowed to block certain apps to not be allowed to be used on their network? If i remember correctly verizon just got super sued for that exact reason.

jackxlj

Jul 17, 2007
Wasnt the secure element on the s3 by porting from the sprint version?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Mrglass86

Jul 3, 2011
also, if goggle wallet needs carrier support, why did my Gnex work with wallet on ATT? if we got an AOSP rom, would wallet work on that? im just starting to learn about the permissions this app needs and how it authenticates

Aranen_Zen

May 11, 2010
My friend has a rooted aosp note 1 on at&t. He can install Google wallet but it won't run. Its blocked by At&t.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app