[Q] How hot is too hot?

Search This thread

roanmy

Apr 4, 2010
Trondheim
I live in Norway, and I rarely let my phone get warmer than ~35 degrees, and since I rarely watch clips longer than 5 min on it, and rarely record videos longer than a min or two, this isn't a problem (Norway's cold weather also helps I suspect).

This summer, however, I will be in Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia etc), and I'm a little worried about what the heat there will do to my phone, especially as I haven't had any issues with glass raising etc. Any experiences?

dragonnn

Oct 16, 2011
Don't worry, Z have a temp sensor and if it gets too hot the system will lower the cpu clocks and turn off some cpu cores to avoid overheating ;).

Wysłane z mojego C6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka

XDA-RK

Sep 29, 2011
Dhaka
I live in Norway, and I rarely let my phone get warmer than ~35 degrees, and since I rarely watch clips longer than 5 min on it, and rarely record videos longer than a min or two, this isn't a problem (Norway's cold weather also helps I suspect).

This summer, however, I will be in Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia etc), and I'm a little worried about what the heat there will do to my phone, especially as I haven't had any issues with glass raising etc. Any experiences?

If it is 35 degree Celsius then you phone is so cool. My one goes 55-56 degree if I play temple run for 10 minutes. 35 is very low.

roanmy

Apr 4, 2010
Trondheim
Thank you all for your replies. Those temperatures you guys are mentioning seems insane! Aren't your hands burned? :p

The main reason I asked is because I'm a bit worried about the whole back panel lifting issue.

neyul18

Feb 22, 2013
Don't worry about that. Sony created the service "Battery warning".
If phone exceed the limit tempurature, it will show the warning message and control (stop) some services.

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
yep main get hoooot too -when i play on gta san andreas get so hot that even in the hard cover it is uncomfortable to hold it :eek: (Now I play that game on my ps3 controller with HDMI connected :angel:)

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
If it is 35 degree Celsius then you phone is so cool. My one goes 55-56 degree if I play temple run for 10 minutes. 35 is very low.

yeah I agree, my battery/cpu temp is like 35+ degrees when I just wake the phone up after its been sleeping for a few hours.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Thank you all for your replies. Those temperatures you guys are mentioning seems insane! Aren't your hands burned? :p

The main reason I asked is because I'm a bit worried about the whole back panel lifting issue.

yep, the top part of my Z becomes too hot to touch when im doing something like web browsing/facebooking lol...

dragonnn

Oct 16, 2011
yeah I agree, my battery/cpu temp is like 35+ degrees when I just wake the phone up after its been sleeping for a few hours.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

yep, the top part of my Z becomes too hot to touch when im doing something like web browsing/facebooking lol...

35 C comes from your body temperature ;).

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Don't worry, Z have a temp sensor and if it gets too hot the system will lower the cpu clocks and turn off some cpu cores to avoid overheating ;).

This good point. But lets say the Z dont have this sensor. So the phone will turn into fire ball?:D

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

woaa:eek:. 56 degree? Your phone is burning bro:eek:. If i play asphalt 8 on max graphic the phone temp goes to 41- 43 as maximum to me.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

mine gets about 70 degrees everytime.

but it doesn't matter because of the thermald shutting the device down if its too hot.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
WHAT????? 70 DEGREES????? maybe the overheating is the mine reason that some people got a DEAD pixels in camera like me

XDA-RK

Sep 29, 2011
Dhaka
[/COLOR]woaa:eek:. 56 degree? Your phone is burning bro:eek:. If i play asphalt 8 on max graphic the phone temp goes to 41- 43 as maximum to me.

Then I must say your unit got a real cool mind :p, well your unit produce reasonable heat which is very good. But for S4 Pro CPU, 55-56 degree is not the temperature to worry about. Even my Optimus G also heats same as my Xperia Z and both phone uses exactly same hardware. So far I know, above 75 degree is a red alert for this types of CPU though they will shut down before reaching that temperature. Still I am jealous of your phone :p because if your one stays cool that mean you have a better battery backup.

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Then I must say your unit got a real cool mind :p, well your unit produce reasonable heat which is very good. But for S4 Pro CPU, 55-56 degree is not the temperature to worry about. Even my Optimus G also heats same as my Xperia Z and both phone uses exactly same hardware. So far I know, above 75 degree is a red alert for this types of CPU though they will shut down before reaching that temperature. Still I am jealous of your phone :p because if your one stays cool that mean you have a better battery backup.
:D:cool:
But don,t forget the rom also plays a important role for some problems that people think its hardware problem. Try to change you rom. Maybe there is alot app are running without you know so that overheat you phone:p

Apr 27, 2014
Mine is getting normally something around ~60 degrees Celsius (CPU temperature) when using it normally, but when the system boots it reaches even 71, so don't worry, it won't burn or explode hehe. And as it was already mentioned it has an overheat protection :)

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

We can always put it in some cold water, to avoid overheating :)