WM6 for MTeoR

Search This thread

darrellr

Feb 28, 2007
09.02.2008 Test 3. Read in first post.

Sorry to post so quick :)

Test3 reports:

CE OS 5.2.1616 (Build 18120.0.4.0)
WM6 for MTeoR test 3. Made by ALEUT. Thanks to Alex (sp3dev)
Available memory 26.85Mb

CE ROM update versions:
(all) 5.2.1616.18120

Windows Media Player Version 10.3

Connections now working. However, possible problem with SSL connection for Push email? Had to uncheck SSL connection to get a working sync.

Also Bluetooth settings not available from Comm Manager However Bluetooth able to connect to my laptop and 'Active Sync'

Looks like a strong base to work with.

Last edited:

jeremyo

Apr 25, 2007
Johannesburg
Hi ALEUT,

Great work, thanks ! But exchange ActiveSync no longer works. It seems to be a problem with the SELF SSL certificate on the device.

Do you have a way to force the certificate into the Root Store?

ALEUT

Jul 15, 2007
Hi ALEUT,

Great work, thanks ! But exchange ActiveSync no longer works. It seems to be a problem with the SELF SSL certificate on the device.

Do you have a way to force the certificate into the Root Store?
Try these certs

Attachments

• SDKcert.cab
    15.8 KB · Views: 75
  • WMtequan.cab
    6 KB · Views: 62

jeremyo

Apr 25, 2007
Johannesburg
Thanks for the prompt reply. Both SDKcert and WMtequan seem to start installing and then display "..cannot be installed" try installing to a different location.

Ive copied them onto my storage card and into the root of the device. No luck.

Ive also noticed that it doesnt except the banking website certificates, almost as if it doesnt trust anything.

The OS is pretty stable besides that! Absolutely marvelous work, really fantastic!

Let me know if you find a solution for the certificate issue.

Ciao

Smith2001

Jun 25, 2006
well it worked on mine fine. thought 2 little niggles i have

As already stated the Bluetooth part doesn't work in comms manager but does in connections.
When starting to type a text or replying to one, it doesn't show the whole screen just the text part, if you scroll up you can see the "to" section and their number. other than that well bloody done!!!!

jeremyo

Apr 25, 2007
Johannesburg
Hi Alex and ALEUT

Found some issues with the WM6 ROM

- Certificates are not trusted / Root certificates cannot be installed
- Applications cant install because they are not digitally signed

Other than that the OS is stable, fast and battery consumption is excellent. Please post back when you will be releasing WM6 for Mteor Test 4.

Have moved back to WM5 but only because of the certificate and application issue. Would LOVE to get back to WM6 soon!

Regards,

Jeremy

Last edited:

darrellr

Feb 28, 2007
Hi Alex and ALEUT

Other than that the OS is stable, fast and battery consumption is excellent. Please post back when you will be releasing WM6 for Mteor Test 4.

Have moved back to WM5 but only becausae of the certificate and application issue. Would LOVE to get back to WM6 soon!

Regards,

Jeremy

Did you re-run the application unlock app.?

ALEUT

Jul 15, 2007
Hi Alex and ALEUT

Have moved back to WM5 but only becausae of the certificate and application issue. Would LOVE to get back to WM6 soon!

Regards,

Jeremy
In nearest time I will fix problem with certificates

SECTORm

Oct 20, 2007
hi!

i have a problem i run the spl and i see the red green blue screen but dont happan anyting...its dont ask whare the rom...what i do?

sorry for my bad english....

edit: i succes! the problem was is the microsd was in fat insted fat32

Last edited:

Smith2001

Jun 25, 2006
I had the microSD problem too, no idea why i thought to format it to fat32 but i did and it worked.

andrew7777777

Nov 26, 2007
Volgorad
...It seems to be a problem with the SELF SSL certificate on the device. Do you have a way to force the certificate into the Root Store?

Hello guys, it's andrew7777777, a Russian tester of ALEUT:). I've just joined European HTC Club & now I'm able to ask this question directly to HTC programmers... however due to obvious reasons I can't mention ALEUT's wm6 - What's the best way to state this question about certificates? (I used to have a similar problem with wm5 - may be that's the key... I'll roll back to wm5 & check them right now...)

Cheers,

Andrew7777777

Last edited: