[Request] Automatic keyboard switching with S-Pen

Search This thread

Goodm7sn

Nov 23, 2010
is there an app where we can switch keyboards automatically ?

like i use swiftkey , but i'd rather switch to samsung's handwriting keyboard when i touch the text field with the s pen , is it possible ?? been wondering about this since my original Note days...

thx for suggestions..

Reactions: TazZHD

Sebring5

Aug 23, 2010
Scottsdale AZ

like i use swiftkey , but i'd rather switch to samsung's handwriting keyboard when i touch the text field with the s pen , is it possible ?? been wondering about this since my original Note days...

thx for suggestions..

There is an input selector icon in the status bar whenever the keyboard pops. If you click that you can easily change the input method.

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
This should be possible, just need someone with the knowledge and time to make one.

I am sure the S-pen SDK allows us to monitor when the s-pen is removed so we should be able to trigger an app to auto-switch keyboard at that point.

Youre right.
And the Note 1 keyboard has that option :) i also have its flashable zip with me...
But im refraining from posting it in risk of bricking someone's device :eek:

sent from underwater

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Youre right.
And the Note 1 keyboard has that option :) i also have its flashable zip with me...

sent from underwater

Can you PM me that file and I will take a look to see how it works, I might (if I find the time) be able to build one for the Note2 (or find someone that can)

Reactions: tomh235

fr0gin

Oct 18, 2012
I need an app like this too been looking everywhere for it. Cant be dealing with the samsung keyboard but without itm it kind of makes the pen useless..

Hows the making going?

stretchwookie

thx for suggestions..

if you change orientation when you use your s-pen and are rooted, then this will work. checked around, best i could find.... sorry :(

Reactions: Magnumutz and ezklr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This should be possible, just need someone with the knowledge and time to make one.

I am sure the S-pen SDK allows us to monitor when the s-pen is removed so we should be able to trigger an app to auto-switch keyboard at that point.
    Just press the button xD how long does it takes :facepalm:

sent from underwater

I would argue that double tapping to open smemo is the same amount of work.
    It is amazing, however, how awesome it is to have smemo automatically open and close when you pull the pen in and out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

thx for suggestions..

if you change orientation when you use your s-pen and are rooted, then this will work. checked around, best i could find.... sorry :(

thx for suggestions..
    Youre right.

sent from underwater

Can you PM me that file and I will take a look to see how it works, I might (if I find the time) be able to build one for the Note2 (or find someone that can)