Note 3 Bricked. Kindly assist

Search This thread

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
The only way to backup and restore your current firmware is to install a custom recovery and back it up to your external sdcard ( there might be adb method but have absolutely no idea about the commands ) otherwise you'll have to flash back again. I don't know if the update will brick your phone or not because most of the time the OTA update is the one that causes the softbrick just like what happened to you the first time around where it ask you to use Kies. That's why I'm recommending that you use odin to flash a complete firmware just like the NC2 you downloaded but only after backing up your current firmware.

Hi Joe,

Now that you have convinced me to use custom recovery which i downloaded from the link that you provided, Could you kindly provide me the instructions too for backing up the current polish rom that I have. Just in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks,
Nikhil

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
Hi Joe,

Now that you have convinced me to use custom recovery which i downloaded from the link that you provided, Could you kindly provide me the instructions too for backing up the current polish rom that I have. Just in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Hi Joe,

The link for the CWM recovery you provided, would that work fine with the Polish ROM KK that I am using.
Once you can confirm, I can install it.

Like I said earlier, I don't want to mess up again. Better to be safe than sorry. :D

Thanks,
Nikhil

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Hi Joe,

The link for the CWM recovery you provided, would that work fine with the Polish ROM KK that I am using.
Once you can confirm, I can install it.

Like I said earlier, I don't want to mess up again. Better to be safe than sorry. :D

Thanks,
Nikhil

Yes it will work with the firmware you have.

Once it's installed, boot to it then go to the " backup and restore " section then " backup to/storage/extSdCard ".

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
Yes it will work with the firmware you have.

Once it's installed, boot to it then go to the " backup and restore " section then " backup to/storage/extSdCard ".

Hi Joe,

When I extract the recovery file, it contains two files :-
1. cache.img.ext4
2. recovery.

Which one is to be added to AP ?

Or do i directly add the tar file ?

Thanks,
Nikhil

Last edited:

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
Even though I clicked on Yes, it didn't give me root access.
I verified with the app Root checker.

Okies, No root but I am in Recovery mode and backing up my image onto extSDCard.

Now for the different rom mentioned earlier. Alexander NC2. Does it need root access ? Also are the instructions the same to go into that ROM as i did for this ROM

Thanks,
Nikhil

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Even though I clicked on Yes, it didn't give me root access.
I verified with the app Root checker.

Then download this and save to sdcard.

Reboot to recovery and install.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Okies, No root but I am in Recovery mode and backing up my image onto extSDCard.

Now for the different rom mentioned earlier. Alexander NC2. Does it need root access ? Also are the instructions the same to go into that ROM as i did for this ROM

Thanks,
Nikhil

Alexander NC2 is rooted so all you need to do is download, put in ext sdcard, reboot to recovery and install. You don't need odin to flash it.

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
Then download this and save to sdcard.

Reboot to recovery and install.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Alexander NC2 is rooted so all you need to do is download, put in ext sdcard, reboot to recovery and install. You don't need odin to flash it.

Okies...And lastly, which other ROM's are there good enough for Note3.
I know of cyanogenmod but any others. ??

Thanks again for all the help.
Nikhil

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013

Nikhil

Hmm..trying to use Alexander NC2, and asked for these options :-

Update options :-
1. ROM - This is selected
2. Wipe Data

Selected Mods:-
1. CSC feature Mod - This is selected
2. Phone App
3. Messages App
4. Camera App

Select CSC :-
There are a bunch of options here with XEO selected from Poland.

Thanks,
Nikhil

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010

Nikhil

Different people have different preferences so browse here for the rom that meets your fancy and you try it out. I think the hands on approach is the best way to tell if the rom meets your expectations, it's what I do. The only downside though ( at least for me ) is that I have different roms loaded everytime a new rom comes along or the existing once are updated.

No problem and enjoy :)

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Hmm..trying to use Alexander NC2, and asked for these options :-

Update options :-
1. ROM - This is selected
2. Wipe Data

Selected Mods:-
1. CSC feature Mod - This is selected
2. Phone App
3. Messages App
4. Camera App

Select CSC :-
There are a bunch of options here with XEO selected from Poland.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Update options - if you select wipe data, it will wipe everything from your phone before installing the rom which I recommend

Selected mod - the look of the apps probably different from stock

CSC - select your country or the one closest to you.

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
Different people have different preferences so browse here for the rom that meets your fancy and you try it out. I think the hands on approach is the best way to tell if the rom meets your expectations, it's what I do. The only downside though ( at least for me ) is that I have different roms loaded everytime a new rom comes along or the existing once are updated.

No problem and enjoy :)

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Update options - if you select wipe data, it will wipe everything from your phone before installing the rom which I recommend

Selected mod - the look of the apps probably different from stock

CSC - select your country or the one closest to you.

Ok for Update - Selected Wipe.
In Selected mod - Does it mean I can change the phone app and the messaging app from the samsung touchwiz which i hate and wanted to change for ever
In CSC - Selected BTU (UK)

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
Hey Joe,

Ok i fail to understand this or maybe i did something wrong.

But my new alexandr rom looks exactly same as the rom i flashed and backed up with. All the samsung apps are there.

Also, when checked with Root checker- It says no root access.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Hey Joe,

Ok i fail to understand this or maybe i did something wrong.

But my new alexandr rom looks exactly same as the rom i flashed and backed up with. All the samsung apps are there.

Also, when checked with Root checker- It says no root access.

It is a stock rom so shouldn't be different from what you had before. The changes/update are from the inside like maybe more secure, a bit faster, etc.. If you want to have a different looking rom, try something else in the forum I linked you to like Bobcat rom, Sweet rom, X-note rom, Bobcat rom, etc...As for the root, install the file I linked you to on my post # 92.

nhanda

Oct 4, 2013
It is a stock rom so shouldn't be different from what you had before. The changes/update are from the inside like maybe more secure, a bit faster, etc.. If you want to have a different looking rom, try something else in the forum I linked you to like Bobcat rom, Sweet rom, X-note rom, Bobcat rom, etc...As for the root, install the file I linked you to on my post # 92.

Hi Joe,

Last question, now when I see my mobile data, it'd says LTE instead of 4G. Is this expected. I had selected BTU(UK) in the csc section when I installed this room.

Thanks,
Nikhil

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Hi Joe,

Last question, now when I see my mobile data, it'd says LTE instead of 4G. Is this expected. I had selected BTU(UK) in the csc section when I installed this room.

Thanks,
Nikhil

It shouldn't be a problem. Generally here in Canada, lte is faster than 4g and I've seen quite a lot of posts from fellow Canadians asking how to bring back lte after flashing a custom rom where like you only 4G is showing. But I've read some posts stating that the speed they're getting is actually lte speed even though it's only showing 4G on their phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: antique_sonic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Ultramag,

Could you kindly provide me the link for the ROM.
    I assume what you are meaning here is that Vodafone firmware rom that I am using is the issue.
    I checked SAM's firmware and there are a number of listed ROM's for Poland.

The one thing i know is that my phone is not carrier specific. Atleast this is what was mentioned to me at the time of buying.

Thanks,
    Nikhil

Download here. Also copy and pasted instructions.

INSTRUCTIONS
    - Extract (unzip) the firmware file
    - Download Odin3 v3.09
    - Extract Odin .ZIP file
    - Open Odin3 v3.09
    - Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
    - Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    - Add AP_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
    - Add BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
    - Add CP_N9005XXUENA2_REV03_CL1277177.tar.md5 to CP
    - Add CSC_OXX_N9005OXXENA5_327209_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
    - Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    - Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
    - If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
    - Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
    - Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
    - Then choose reboot and you should be good to go
    OK I uninstalled Kies.
    When tried to flash with Vodafone firmware 4.3, i got an error at first itself
    "SW REV Check Fail : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

Trying with 4.4 Kitkat version from Vod

I think you have uninstalled Samsung drivers too. That you shouldn't. Install drivers and make sure Odin recognizes your phone.
    You can't flash to an earlier firmware now i think.
    Hi celderic,

Following is the link i found for installing CWM recovery. I have downloaded the file provided by Joe though. 2 Questions :-
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/galaxy-note3-android43-root-install-clockworkmod-recovery-510219
    1. Are the steps fine.
    2. How do I move the ROM to SDCard. Do I need to connect SDCard to Computer and have a card reader thingy.

Thanks,
    Nikhil

For the recovery, just flash it via odin as you would with any other package. Yes you will have to use a card reader to put the rom on your sdcard, here is the link to the rom thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649176 the download link is in the first post.

Here is the link to the recovery http://d-h.st/zVa

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Hi Celderic,

Thanks for the files.
    I am downloading the rom.

Quick question, when i insert the card reader to my computer. It says it wants to format the card.
    Is that fine. I have backup stored on the card from Titanium backup.

Thanks,
    Nikhil

That is very odd. I dont know what to suggest, is it a 64gb card? If you format it you will lose everything on there. Including pictures, your backup. but if your backup was from jb anyway it could possibly cause problems with kk.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Quick question Joe,
    Do i need to extract the BL, CP and CSC files ?

Thanks,
    Nikhil

Sorry guys, 3am here as doing something else til the insomnia kicked in for a few minutes...
    You need to use 3.09 ODIN with each of those files in the corresponding part.
    To go to Kitkat you need to flash the new bootloader - BL.tar.md5
    AP is the main part of the rom, system and apps, CP is the Kitkat modem (sometimes the JB modems don't work and you loose wifi and phone so flash this too) and CSC is self explanatory...

OKay, bit late but good the phones up and running again...:good::laugh: