[Q] Rooting Note 3 from Telcel (Mexico)

Search This thread

hyogman

Apr 15, 2014
Since I'm a new user, I can't post my question in the Universal Root de la Vega thread. I have the firmware shown on the images attached to this message... Can I root my note 3 without tripping knox using URDLV?

Attachments

• FlashAnnotate.jpg
    FlashAnnotate.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 2014-04-14-21-09-16.jpg
    2014-04-14-21-09-16.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 39

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Since I'm a new user, I can't post my question in the Universal Root de la Vega thread. I have the firmware shown on the images attached to this message... Can I root my note 3 without tripping knox using URDLV?

There is another solution than root de la vega. Follow this guide and you won't trip knox even if you root or install custom recovery/rom. You can also go back to 4.3 from 4.4.2 if kitkat is not your type.

hyogman

Apr 15, 2014
rooting note 3 from telcel

There is another solution than root de la vega. Follow this guide and you won't trip knox even if you root or install custom recovery/rom. You can also go back to 4.3 from 4.4.2 if kitkat is not your type.

But that guide requires to install a custom rom/recovery, and I want to stay with my current firmware/recovery, I just want to gain root access without tripping knox

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
But that guide requires to install a custom rom/recovery, and I want to stay with my current firmware/recovery, I just want to gain root access without tripping knox

According to the urdlv post, you can since MJ4 and up are the firmware that has been patched by samsung.

hyogman

Apr 15, 2014

According to the urdlv post, you can since MJ4 and up are the firmware that has been patched by samsung.

Well... mi compilation number isN900W8UBUBMJ4 (as shown in the attached images a couple post ago). The firmware I used to patch with URDLV has the following details:

PDA: N900W8UBUBMJ4
CSC: N900W8TCEBMJ3
MODEM: N900W8UBUBMJ3

So, I asume that will trigger knox right? I ask a lot because here in Mexico, the note 3 has a price of $1,073 USD. As you can see, Telcel really overprice the phones, and I don't wanna lose warranty, but I wanna delete all the useless bloatware from Telcel.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Well... mi compilation number isN900W8UBUBMJ4 (as shown in the attached images a couple post ago). The firmware I used to patch with URDLV has the following details:

So, I asume that will trigger knox right? I ask a lot because here in Mexico, the note 3 has a price of $1,073 USD. As you can see, Telcel really overprice the phones, and I don't wanna lose warranty, but I wanna delete all the useless bloatware from Telcel.

The attached images on the first post says MHG which is why I said you can safely use urdlv. If it's MJ4, then using urdlv will trip knox. There is an app called Kingo that can root it but based on what I've read so far, it's hit or miss. Some had success rooting MJ4 without tripping Knox and then again some actually softbricked their phones and trip Knox. The guide that I linked you to will not trip Knox even if you install custom recovery and root your phone. The only caveat is you will have to update to 4.4.2. But should you need the warranty, you can always flash back to 4.3. Having said that, it's all up to you.

Reactions: ddogishere

hyogman

Apr 15, 2014

Well... I think then I will give it the big step... I considered the Klingo way, but as you said, is a coin toss, so I will take my chances and go with URDLV :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The attached images on the first post says MHG which is why I said you can safely use urdlv. If it's MJ4, then using urdlv will trip knox. There is an app called Kingo that can root it but based on what I've read so far, it's hit or miss. Some had success rooting MJ4 without tripping Knox and then again some actually softbricked their phones and trip Knox. The guide that I linked you to will not trip Knox even if you install custom recovery and root your phone. The only caveat is you will have to update to 4.4.2. But should you need the warranty, you can always flash back to 4.3. Having said that, it's all up to you.