Instagram integration to Android & IOS help please :)

Search This thread

Peterpoose

Dec 4, 2009
Hi folks,

Will try and keep this short.

I am at the moment having an Android app and an IOS app made by a professional company. It has cost me £10,000.00 for both apps.

It is a map based app with markers. When clicked on a marker an info box pops up witha Facebook icon linked to page, Twitter etc

I desperately want to add Instagram icon that links to that persons page.

I am being told that at the moment this is not possible and that the only thing that can be linked to via the icon is images.

I am after just clicking the Instagram icon and that takes you to the whole Instagram page of that person.

They are using the native Android APK and the same for IOS.

Are they correct in saying that Instagram has not yet released a SDK/API yet.

Quoted for the company email to me,

On your request to also integrate Instagram to the app, we will be unable to assist due AT THIS STAGE simply due to the fact that Instagram to date does not provide android and ios sdk/api so we cannot integrate instagram directly in any android or ios apps at present. We can still design the user interfaces and integrate the app with Facebook.

Thanks for any help folks :)

Last edited:

Peterpoose

Dec 4, 2009
Hi folks,

Will try and keep this short.

I am at the moment having an Android app and an IOS app made by a professional company. It has cost me £10,000.00 for both apps.

It is a map based app with markers. When clicked on a marker an info box pops up witha Facebook icon linked to page, Twitter etc

I desperately want to add Instagram icon that links to that persons page.

I am being told that at the moment this is not possible and that the only thing that can be linked to via the icon is images.

I am after just clicking the Instagram icon and that takes you to the whole Instagram page of that person.

They are using the native Android APK and the same for IOS.

Are they correct in saying that Instagram has not yet released a SDK/API yet.

Quoted for the company email to me,

On your request to also integrate Instagram to the app, we will be unable to assist due AT THIS STAGE simply due to the fact that Instagram to date does not provide android and ios sdk/api so we cannot integrate instagram directly in any android or ios apps at present. We can still design the user interfaces and integrate the app with Facebook.

Thanks for any help folks :)

Sorry for the bump folks but my thread was moved and is now on page 3 with no answers yet :)

Would appreciate any sort of answer or direction to other forum parts that could answer my questions please :)

Thank you

Peter

Peterpoose

Dec 4, 2009
Sorry for the bump folks but my thread was moved and is now on page 3 with no answers yet :)

Would appreciate any sort of answer or direction to other forum parts that could answer my questions please :)

Thank you

Peter

Hi folks,

Is there any reason why no one can answer this please?

Have I not followed rules or something? I just assumed this was the best forum on the planet to ask such a question and I am surprised no one has answered?

Can you recommend somewhere else I could possibly get answers for my question please?

Cheers!