[MOD] US WIFI XOOM - Desktop UA String

Search This thread

woolmonkey

Dec 5, 2009
Here is the framework-res.apk that has a UA string modified. This is for 3.2 and needs to be pushed with adb. apk-tool can decompile the framework-res.apk but that's about it. I have been using this since I updated to 3.2 with no problems.

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 213

Lolento

Jul 31, 2007
Here is the framework-res.apk that has a UA string modified. This is for 3.2 and needs to be pushed with adb. apk-tool can decompile the framework-res.apk but that's about it. I have been using this since I updated to 3.2 with no problems.

Confirmed working for me! THX

Although I had to re-configure all of my accounts in the system....I don't remember having to do that when I pushed the 3.1 version.

jase33

Jul 29, 2010
- /
This is where it getd confusing for the average user.

Yes after reboot the about:debug page still show UA as desktop but actually the UA has reverted to mobile already.

You'll see this when u go to websites that pulls a mobile version when it sees Android UA.

Well I must be special because I can reboot and go to hulu with stock browser and it plays.

Sent from my HD2

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
Apparently Hulu doesn't require this fix. With the modified flash and setting to desktop in dolphin browser I can watch Hulu as well.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

woolmonkey

Dec 5, 2009
Yes I get the same thing. Its odd since the UA is reporting as Safari 5.1. And I just checked this on a site that displays the UA.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
I have a question about this - if I apply this patch, will I still be able to change the UA string temporarily? Sometimes I change it to iPhone (for Veetle, etc). Other than that rare occasion I basically always set it to Desktop. Using a Wifi US Xoom, rooted, stock ernel and stock 3.2 update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

After having the frustrations of having to go into about:debug to change the UA string to Desktop each time I've decided to patch up the US WIFI XOOM to make this a permanent change.

This is a CWM flashable package, I have also included the stock framework to revert back.

Thanks to sangreal06 (Original 3G release) and BWCorvus/Bigrushdog (WIP).
    Nice work, but unfortunately doesn't work with 3.1 xoom.
    Looking forward to 3.1 compatible version.
    Here it is for US WiFi 3.1. I just took framework-res.apk for 3.1 US WiFi from sangreal06's post (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1015857)
    and have made CWM flashable package. The stock 3.1 framework-res to revert back also included.

Do not use this if you updated to 3.1 using bigrushdog's method!
    Any chance this would work on CAN WIFI XOOM? anyone test?

NO do not, it will FC you. It needs to be done to the can framework file.
    Hey UK and CAN users, attach your stock framework file and I'll mod it.

The original CAN file.