APEX Q&A

Search This thread

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
I, too, have the GPS problem. Could it be because I use JV6 modem? I was on Serendipity 7 ROM with JV6 modem, and the GPS was fine. Or there are other factors to be concerned? e.g. kernels, and rom?

I too had issues with the gps.. Still trying to work out which is best for my area. testing JVK now with gps fix from sgs tools.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Battery issues. Huge drain. Android system is using 14%. Is this normal? I did a fresh flash from stock gingerbread

watsa

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2011
Markham
Battery issues. Huge drain. Android system is using 14%. Is this normal? I did a fresh flash from stock gingerbread

android OS running rampant happens sometimes on GB. reboot. Also give ur battery 3-4 cycles of full charge before judging it

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
android OS running rampant happens sometimes on GB. reboot. Also give ur battery 3-4 cycles of full charge before judging it

Guilty!! Have only gone thru one cycle. I should know better

Off topic, but still a question :) Have you seen this script, watsa? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

I've ran it on a few different GB roms and it makes a HUGE difference in memory management, speed and multitasking. Definitely worth the look

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Let me know what you find works the best for you. Although I have lost faith in my Cappy's GPS, but I still haven't lost faith for myself.

From all the reading I've done, I've found that your cappy either has good gps or it doesn't. Sometimes the fixes help, most times they don't. If gps means that much, use the warranty if you still have it available

Fowarek

Feb 13, 2011
I just installed 9.1 from 9.0, and I have been getting a general trend of random freezes, then restarts. Also the messaging app is sluggish, but reading on the development forum, everyone seems to be having quite different luck than myself. Does it sound like a bad flash? I really am dreading having to reflash since it's wipe :/ or should I try a different kernel such as Talon?

watsa

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2011
Markham
I just installed 9.1 from 9.0, and I have been getting a general trend of random freezes, then restarts. Also the messaging app is sluggish, but reading on the development forum, everyone seems to be having quite different luck than myself. Does it sound like a bad flash? I really am dreading having to reflash since it's wipe :/ or should I try a different kernel such as Talon?

If u have GB bootloaders and followed all steps, then yea could be a bad flash. it would be helpful if u let me know when do u get reboots? is it random or when u use some apps? Have u restored backup using TiBU? If yes then then double check if u have restored system data?

Fowarek

Feb 13, 2011
It happens a lot when exiting an app using the Home button. I hadnt restored any system data in TiBu, only "missing apps+data." Otherwise, everything works, battery life is great, runs extremely smooth.

That's the other thing. It's not like it lags often or anything, so the freezes come out of nowhere. Which doesn't make much sense to me.

Top Liked Posts