[APP] Swype is now functioning properly!

Search This thread

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
Howdy all. Not sure if this is old news, but I just did a clean install of Swype on Venasaur ROM. It displays at it's full, proper size now!

Up until now, I'd been using an old, pre-"ICS support" version that I backed up in TiBu, so this is news to me at least!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Does it stop swyping in the middle of long words that run across the keyboard?

EDIT: Just installed. Was working well. Then started running into the same problem. Quits swyping in the middle of words.

Last edited:

Improvidus

May 14, 2012
Thanks for the heads up! Just installed it on my Rezound running CleanROM 4.5 and the keyboard now displays at the proper size. :)

jscarano

Jun 1, 2010
Orlando Fl
This is old news for me ever since I got the Rezound in February my Swype has worked just fine as far as how it fits on the screen. Now when I try to swype fast is another story.

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
This is old news for me ever since I got the Rezound in February my Swype has worked just fine as far as how it fits on the screen. Now when I try to swype fast is another story.

Swype hasn't worked on ICS for quite some time for most people unless you had a GB backup.

As far as broken Swypes and fast Swypes are concerned, go into your Swype settings and set speed vs accuracy all the way to the right.

If you're still having problems, what roms are you all using?

RoyHinkley

Oct 30, 2011
Kingsland
I'm on latest ICS firmware and except for having to switch to landscape and back when restarting I haven't had any problems with Swype. I don't know that many big words so maybe that's why :D

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
I'm on latest ICS firmware and except for having to switch to landscape and back when restarting I haven't had any problems with Swype. I don't know that many big words so maybe that's why :D

That still rotation trick only puts Swype at about 3/4 its proper size, if that. What ROM? I'm on Venasaur, which is a Sense 4 based ROM.

Jdella681

Sep 23, 2010
Yea still not working for me if I swype to fast. Running cleanrom 4.5 btw which is on sense 3.6 if that makes a difference

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
Yea still not working for me if I swype to fast. Running cleanrom 4.5 btw which is on sense 3.6 if that makes a difference

Good to know. I'm trying to collect as much data as possible on this. Here's the history as I know it for us/me right now. Please feel free to contribute, everybody, do we can pin down gotten to get Swype functioning properly. Swype version numbers would be helpful too.

Pre-ICS "compatible" version of Swype functions at full size with the occasional bug. (personally tested myself, on GB and ICS Sense 3.6). Speed/accuracy slider fix required.

Post "compatible" version loads as a tiny corner. Rotate trick restores it to 75% sty size. (personally tested myself, ICS Sense 3.6). Speed/accuracy slider fix possibly required.

Current version runs 100% size, Speed/accuracy slider fix not required but helpful (personally tested, ICS Sense 4)

RoyHinkley

Oct 30, 2011
Kingsland
I read this post a couple of days ago and though you were kidding! lol
I just deleted my old Swype and installed the newest beta and it works great on Venasaur 3.2. I had been using the ICS keyboard on Venasaur that has the trace functionality too because of the larger keys, but it's either not as good as Swype or I'm just not used to it yet.

Edit: I've been using the older Swype for so long I thought the smaller keys were just standard for Swype!

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
I read this post a couple of days ago and though you were kidding! lol
I just deleted my old Swype and installed the newest beta and it works great on Venasaur 3.2. I had been using the ICS keyboard on Venasaur that has the trace functionality too because of the larger keys, but it's either not as good as Swype or I'm just not used to it yet.

Edit: I've been using the older Swype for so long I thought the smaller keys were just standard for Swype!

Lol nope. So it's working for you too, eh? I wonder if the version of Swype was the issue, or Sense 3.6? No....it had to be Swype. The GB version of Swype still worked. Anybody out there running Sense 3.6 with a successful current version of Swype?

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Up to this point, I've not had any issues with Swype... I was using GB...

Now, I get the same issues others are mentioning. Attempted use the installer to get the current Beta, but all I get is a Parse Error after selecting the Beta and hitting the download button.

I re-installed the GB version I was using, but it still messes up.

Regulus49001

Aug 29, 2011
Just did all that. Still getting parsing error... Using slideit and its no swype...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
Weird. I've never heard of getting a parsing error. Try wiping and uninstalling Swype and Swype installer using titanium, and then wipe cache and dalvik in recovery to make sure every shred of it is gone. Then download the installer fresh again, and give it another shot.