PS3 bluetooth remote control app...

Search This thread

aholidayatc

Dec 3, 2008
Does anyone know if something like this is out, or if someone is attempting it? I think it would be a great app that many people, including myself, would pay for. I don't have the know how to try and make it myself, does anyone else?

benmyers2941

Oct 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I believe the ps3 uses a proprietary bluetooth protocol and the bluetooth stack on android is not fully developed. I'd love to see it too, I have a ps3 as well. I just don't see it being likely at this point.

doaneramma

Feb 3, 2007
Saanich, BC
Here is one more vote for a PS3 controller app! I don't use it for a DVD/Blueray that much, but when I would do it would be nice. Or to control the Music player VIA bluetooth OR uPNP maybe?

axion68

Dec 17, 2007
I would be all over a ps3 remote app. I hate the official remote, I don't want 30 buttons on a remote. That's the whole reason to get the remote, so you don't have a complicated controller. And stop should reboot the ps3 everytime you accidently hit it.

ivo34

Dec 4, 2008
stockholm
ps3

Hello!I have a ps3 slim,and I use my xperia like control with the program "mobileremote" is working well,you kan use your mobile for to move the xmb,and like keyboard,and more,try this!!

benmyers2941

Oct 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

sibbor

Jul 28, 2008
sibbor.nu
Wishing that the Android devs can get the speed up to fully implement the Bluetooth protocol/-s, including neccasary HID profiles. That's one of the major flaws with the entire platform - the lack of proper BT implementation!

I would love to have this too! I had MobileRemote 1.1 for my HTC Diamond (WM6.1) device, and it worked pretty well - although it seemed a bit bloaty and unstable. I believe a fresh developed application for the neat Android platform would be much better!

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
add me to the list. I would also pay a little $ for an app that would control videos and be a keyboard. Wish i knew how to make this happen... I could use the money.

suprajztwenty

Jul 7, 2007
ive got a psp but no ps3 yet (the girlfriend said its my xmas present though) so i could control some things with the psp but id rather do it on my phone

rondey-

Mar 3, 2009
Fort Worth
www.myspace.com
I find it odd with as advanced and feature rich as android is we lack proper bluetooth support. I too would love to see an app to at least provide the basic functions of selecting music/movies and ff/rw.

Id spend a few dollars on it

sibbor

Jul 28, 2008
sibbor.nu
android.bluetooth

Wonder if Android 2.0 (SDK out now, 2.0 in Nov '09) will help out development of one of this kind of application? The developers added a Bluetooth class to the framework. I think it's mostly for file transfering, but perhaps there's some other protocols supported here too?

Anyone with knowledge, please have a loop at this package.

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/package-summary.html

EDIT: About 1 minute into this video they talk about Android 2.0 BT abilites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZ69P-0Jbc

"Android 2.0 includes a bluetooth API that let's apps turn on and off Bluetooth,
discover and connect to nearby devices and send and recieve data"

The BT API now enables:
"Peer-to-peer communication"

Last edited:

jasonpeinko

Apr 4, 2008
It could be possibel as long as you can connect the phone to the ps3 you just have to figure out the keyboard commands to send. The ps3 does some bluetooth keyboards.

bobbybooshay

Jun 22, 2009
wireless keyboard app

Someone needs to make a wireless keyboard app for ps3 xbox macbook laptop etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Status on PS3 Remote for Android

I have contacted Sony and asked if they have plans to create the software and if they dont if they could release the API/Software needed for the community to create their own solutions. I will keep you updated on their response.
    Trying to develop a PS3 Remote.

So, I am a Java Developer with a lot of J2EE development experience for a lot of very popular companies that I will not name here for the fear of prosecution (maybe?). Anyways, I bought my first Android phone a month ago, a Samsung Captivate to be exact. I was trolling the internet for an idea of developing my first Android app and came across this thread.

Needless to say since then I have downloaded the Android SDK and have actually made some progress. Thus far I am able to connect my phone, via my app, to the PS3 using bluetooh. Although, I have had experience with Socket Server/Client programming I am a total novice to the bluetooth protocol.

Basically, I simply don't know what commands I am suppose to write to the outputstream once a connection has been opened between my phone and my PS3 to mimic a keyboard and eventually a PS3 controller. I tried searching on the internet for the set of commands and/or protocol but was unable to find anything.

Is there anyone here who can help me with that?

P.S: I am not promising anything since this is my first Android app but programming is my passion and I am personally interested in this. We will see how it goes depending on how much help I can get :).

Thanks.