[Q] Splendid For Xperia Z1

Search This thread

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
Hi guys.
everyone knows the contrast and colors on z1 are really low and colors are washed out.
I have a ASUS MeMo pad HD7.the tablet has an app which edits contrast and color temp and saturation by the name of splendid.
is there any app like that which can be used on z1 or can it be ported from that to z1?

The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
The new 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.681) includes a "white balance" option in the display settings. This will probably fulfill your needs.

thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more

B1nny

May 18, 2008
thanks for your reply. but that feature only changes the temperature.but this feature I say, enhances the vividness,color saturation,contrast,hue and more..it works with colors.enhances them perfect.but the white balance as of its name,only focuses on the white balance and nothing more

In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.

NiM72NiK

Jun 28, 2012
Tehran
In that case there's one option left I believe, and it's on available if you have an unlocked bootloader. Recently @DooMLoRD managed to get LCD Colour Control working on the Xperia Z1. You'll have to flash his kernel though which can be found here.

I'm not sure if this will (eventually?) offer the options you want but these are the only 2 screen colour management tweaks there are at the moment.

great answer.I'm using romaur 6.3 with doomkernel v11... but how should I reach this feature? where should I find it?

B1nny

May 18, 2008
Last edited: