HELP!! Moto G dropped in toilet for a couple seconds

Search This thread

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
As the title says, my friend dropped his Moto G into the toilet for a couple seconds and powered it off. The phone kept turning back on again, with the ROM bootlooping. The phone got to the lock screen, but the screen looked destroyed, completely fuzzy from one side and a severe yellow tint. The phone has been disassembled with the battery taken out, and has been put in rice.
It's been two days, and the device doesn't power on anymore. I thought this was normal, because the battery was on 1% before I turned it off again.
When plugged in, the white notification light above lights up, but the phone doesn't do anything afterwards.
After assessing the motherboard, I can identity corrosion. Should I clean the board in 100% alcohol?
I need help!
Thanks
cebe5751390463dc0f617591149c7107.jpg

Last edited:

grrostus

Aug 17, 2014
As the title says, my friend dropped his Moto G into the toilet for a couple seconds and powered it off. The phone kept turning back on again, with the ROM bootlooping. The phone got to the lock screen, but the screen looked destroyed, completely fuzzy from one side and a severe yellow tint. The phone has been disassembled with the battery taken out, and has been put in rice.
It's been two days, and the device doesn't power on anymore. I thought this was normal, because the battery was on 1% before I turned it off again.
When plugged in, the white notification light above lights up, but the phone doesn't do anything afterwards.
After assessing the motherboard, I can identity corrosion. Should I clean the board in 100% alcohol?
I need help!
Thanks
cebe5751390463dc0f617591149c7107.jpg

Take it to a repair shop. They'll give you a free quote and then you can decide whether its worth changing the mobo on a cheap phone like the moto g...