[Q] How do you app developers prefer to track of your apps?

Which analytic tool do you prefer as an app developer

• Distimo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AppFigures

• App Annie

• RJMetrics

• Adobe Audience Manager

• Flurry

• Apsalar

• Kontagent

• AppViz (aka IdeaSwarm)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

LoganTJM

Jul 9, 2013
Analytic Tools

Hey! There are various app analytic tools you can use. Google Analytic Tools is a power free tool you might want to consider! Cheers!

buggs2k

Jun 11, 2013
I use Google Analytics. It's OK, the only bad point is that exception reports contain only the exception message and not the whole stact trace :(

Alan_Peter

Jul 22, 2013
I use flurry and distimo. They are for different purposes and work great together.
As for google analytics, I think it's still not so good as flurry (used it for two apps and decided to come back to flurry analytics).

LoganTJM

Jul 9, 2013
I use flurry and distimo. They are for different purposes and work great together.
As for google analytics, I think it's still not so good as flurry (used it for two apps and decided to come back to flurry analytics).

Yep you're right, Google Analytics definitely isn't up to scratch with Flurry and Distimo. Flurry is free now as well. What's the cost for Distimo?

vitorlanna

Oct 9, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hi, I use Unity3D. Does anyone know if it is difficult to integrate with Google Analytics / Flurry / Distimo? Also, do they work both on Android and iOS?

I found some tutorials teaching how to integrate Google Analytics and Flurry (this one just for Android) with Unity but I thought I'd ask what was everyone's experience.

gummihaf

Aug 14, 2013
Amplitude (add .com for their website) hands down. Real-time data and with a powerful and simple web interface. Flurry isn't reliable, seems to drop a ton of the events (and far from being real-time, making it even harder to verify whether all the events came through or not).

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Btw, why isn't the poll open anymore? Only one response so far, which isn't useful...

Enrique XDA

Apr 14, 2013
Amplitude (add .com for their website) hands down. Real-time data and with a powerful and simple web interface. Flurry isn't reliable, seems to drop a ton of the events (and far from being real-time, making it even harder to verify whether all the events came through or not).

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Btw, why isn't the poll open anymore? Only one response so far, which isn't useful...

This is a great topic, essential in my opinion.

It would be great if anyone can upload screenshots of the dashboards of the services that they're using to track their apps.

Regards

tom.mleko

Jul 22, 2013
dataspin.io
Is there anyone attempting to build your own custom analytics / operations back-end? We've built one for ourselves, it's robust and focused on F2P games but it took almost a year to get it done :)

As for other analytic packages, GA is great, I'd also look at new companies like Applicasa, Countly, etc.

marozu

Sep 1, 2013
Vancouver
www.marozugames.com
I like the simplicity of flurry so far. Its my first app I'm using it in though, so I'm not overly confident what to track except common things like when the app is started, how long in the app, how long on each level (my app is a game), which IAP items are looked at without purchasing, etc. I hope I have all the good points being tracked.

amorley

Nov 17, 2008
Beijing
on another note which sites do you use for market analytics in general - do any of you guys buy any of the big data from these providers?

rajlove20

Aug 15, 2013
kanpur
facebook others user location trac or Trac

dud any apps for android phone who track or Trac any Facebook user real location on map if person is online or if offline then what is his last position on map... thanks in advanced. ...

Faiz Malkani

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
faizmalkani.com
dud any apps for android phone who track or Trac any Facebook user real location on map if person is online or if offline then what is his last position on map... thanks in advanced. ...

Hello there

When the OP mentioned "keeping track" of apps, he meant the use if analytics and other such tools which allow developers to see how much and how often their app is being used. What you're referring to is physical location tracking. They're entirely different things. You're asking in the wrong thread
That being said, there's no conventional way to just "track someone's location". It has to be built into the app in question, and you'll only know if they voluntarily share their location with you

Nexus⁴

rajlove20

Aug 15, 2013
kanpur
Sorry dud I don't want to know any one physical location I know just facebook user is fake or not their location given his profile right or wrong

javolido

Feb 5, 2014
We use Flurry, I am tempted to move back towards Google Analytics to track view impressions on the Google Play page.

I use Google Analytics but I can't or I don't know how to view the impressions on Google Play, it would be great to get that information, anyone knows how to see that?

Woodny

Jan 17, 2014
I use Flurry but i don't know how to setup download conversion. Do I have to install Flurry SDK or something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey!

I was wondering ... Which tool or tools do you prefer to keep a track of your app's sales/ads/profits/ ... blah blah? :confused:

I know a lot of devs use multiple tools at once. If so, please choose the one you use most. Thanks! :fingers-crossed:

Please let me know if I forgot an analytics tool I didn't know about so I can add it to the poll. :cowboy:

Can't see the poll.on the xda app

-DevCon market console
    -AdMob
    -Track my App
    I tried viewing the posts from other browsers without logging in, but I could still view it :eek:

I am new here. Is there a visibility rule I am not aware of? I couldn't find any post on this topic.

What do u mean?
    I mean I can see the poll from other browsers without logging in with my credentials as a xda-developer. Hence I can't figure out why you are unable to see the poll. :confused:

I'm using the xda app. Not a browser
    So XDA app doesn't support polls or is there something wrong with my post?
    (Please don't mind my chain of question .. I am a noob :cool:)

The app doesn't support polls
    Google Analytics

I also use Google Analytics V2, but don't know how to check “if a user performed Action A after Action B”,
    could you please explain more? Thanks

I assume Action A and Action B are different activities.
    Including Easytracker activityStart and activityStop on Each Activity is enough:

Code:
    	  [user=439709]@override[/user]
    	  public void onStart() {
    	    super.onStart();
    	    EasyTracker.getInstance().activityStart(this); 
    	  }

[user=439709]@override[/user]
    	  public void onStop() {
    	    super.onStop();
    	    EasyTracker.getInstance().activityStop(this);
    	  }

Then in Google Analytics select Engagement Flow:
    Google_Analytics_Engagement_Flow.JPG

If Action A and B are not Activities, you may want to track them as Events as explained in:
    https://developers.google.com/mobile/articles/analytics_end_to_end#code

Code:
    public void sayHelloButtonPressed(View v) {
      welcomeView.setText("Welcome, user!");
      tracker.trackEvent("FirstActivity", "sayHello", "", -1);
    }