Battery Life Discussion

Search This thread

Samscheetah

May 16, 2014
3000mAH for 2k 5.5 inch
just to make sure this one maybe for korea, usually using 2 batteries so the global g3 will be different :confused:

DiamondJay20

Jun 11, 2011
honestly, if they just put a 4000mAh in it, I wouldn't mind if it weren't replaceable. And I seriously doubt with the kind of perfomance/specs its gonna have, anyone would really mind the extra thickness either. Not to mention heft (cough, durability).

trincisor

Feb 1, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Asus Zenfone 5Z
It's not how big the tank K is but how much less is sippped from the tank

Nexus 5 so battery is 75% if G2

But battery life on nexus 5 is far less than 75 percentage of G2 albeit having a smaller screen

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GeodudeFFP

May 14, 2014
Don't forget - with a removable battery, I'll bet some vendor will come out with a 3500+ mAh battery...

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: guisebatan

PlatinumNick

Oct 20, 2012
Orlando

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Still, LG hasn't outed official talk, standby, browsing and video playback times yet, so we can only guesstimate the battery life of the G3 to be pretty good, based on some tangential proof from improvised battery tests that are popping up.

First off, a prototype version of the phone has been put through its paces, and the phone lasted six and a half hours of video playback on a charge, as you can see from the screens on the right. That might seem average, but the test has been done at the screen's*maximumbrightness, which*LG officially pegs at 430 nits, instead of the usual 150 or 200 nits, so the result from standardized routines like our own battery test, are likely to be much higher.*

Also so the test was at basically 2× brightness of a normal screen. ... so at lower brightness it should do very well

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

frankgreimes

May 26, 2013
Thanks to the removable battery I couldn't care less about battery life you can always take one or even two with you and go through half a week without ever needing to charge your phone good job LG :good:

I'm sure it will feature some sort of ultra power saving mode just like the S5

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Thanks to the removable battery I couldn't care less about battery life you can always take one or even two with you and go through half a week without ever needing to charge your phone good job LG :good:

I'm sure it will feature some sort of ultra power saving mode just like the S5

Is it really nice to always have a secondary batt and most time having to turn off phone then replace. I quite don't like that and I don't see that very cute at all. Maybe it's how I feel but that for me just seems not right.

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
Is it really nice to always have a secondary batt and most time having to turn off phone then replace. I quite don't like that and I don't see that very cute at all. Maybe it's how I feel but that for me just seems not right.

I would totally have taken a 3500mAh stuck battery like in G2(not impossible to remove after some years) instead of 3000mAh removable.

wargreymon89

Sep 11, 2012
lg-ambassadoren.tk
Just the same way you are thinking, don't you think that LG thought of that?

Of course they did, but they are catering to the people who are stuck in the old days when smartphones didnt last as long and batteries died much faster. Sure batteries degrade still, but if they hold longer between the charges and with more improvment it would be years between needing to change it. LG did the right thing with G2, but people arent smart enough to see it, so LG had to go back to the old ways to win the heart of the stuck.

Reactions: Flipz77

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Of course they did, but they are catering to the people who are stuck in the old days when smartphones didnt last as long and batteries died much faster. Sure batteries degrade still, but if they hold longer between the charges and with more improvment it would be years between needing to change it. LG did the right thing with G2, but people arent smart enough to see it, so LG had to go back to the old ways to win the heart of the stuck.

Okay, what I'm saying is if they have thought then it'll make no sense for that regard. If so, then the 3000mAh batt along with their Optimization makes it enough to have that battery.

Like for example, there are different desktop power supplies but some of them are different quality. A 3 star 1200w quality desktop supply could be equivalent to a 5 star 800w quality supply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ya sure , the battery life is so awesome I think I don't need to charge it again until May 27th.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Some of you guys are hilarious.

Let me keep my screen on st the home screen and get 7_ hours SOT so I can post it. Lol
    I see many people compare G3 with G2 or Z2. Thats like comparing apples with oranges. Why not compare with a similar device that also has qhd, same processor, same screen and battery. I mean Oppo Find 7.

See the screenshots from GsmArena.

umaqy8ar.jpg

3emutaga.jpg

Sent from G3
    All this battery talk is nonsense. I have had the phone for almost a week and am getting on average 5.5 SoT. Pretty much the same as I got with my 3200 mah Note 3.

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I don't know whats the fuss is all about poor battery life. I'm using a Korean version. See the screenshots. All on Lte on all the time and wifi hot spot on for 30 mins, brightness set to 85%.

Used Note 3 for 5 months and wife has S5. My G3 just rocks. First LG device by the way.

uploadfromtaptalk1403019426477.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403019439093.jpg

Sent from G3