[FIX] GPS files ripped from leaked JI2, flashable zip

Search This thread

gl3nng

Oct 7, 2010
MD
this thing rocks my AOSPish FROYO...gps now works...

nice find man....o and also compass works....amazing fast

got sooooo excited that i tested it with my wifi on.....

without wifi, my location is like away from my real location for 1 mile......but it works....

really nice find

Master™

Sep 24, 2010
got sooooo excited that i tested it with my wifi on.....

without wifi, my location is like away from my real location for 1 mile......but it works....

really nice find

It DOESN'T work for Froyo.
Turn off "Use Wireless Networks" & "Wifi" then try.
I bet you wont get anything, also show your GPS Test
It will zero out

bazrippa

Oct 20, 2010
Installed this on froyo last night and cant connect to one satellite now.
I dont suppose anyone knows of a link to my old version?

frankencat

Oct 13, 2009
Tampa Bay, Home of the Rays!
ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT FOR 2.2 FROYO ROMS!!! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON 2.2 IT WILL BREAK YOUR GPS AND QUITE POSSIBLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!!

It says JI2 right in the title so I am not sure why you would think it works with 2.2. I have added this disclaimer to the OP just in case.

patriot1973

ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT FOR 2.2 FROYO ROMS!!! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON 2.2 IT WILL BREAK YOUR GPS AND QUITE POSSIBLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!!

It says JI2 right in the title so I am not sure why you would think it works with 2.2. I have added this disclaimer to the OP just in case.

The explanation is quite simple, really. All of these people rushing to apply the holy grail of fixes, and they end up hosed because they were too excited to slow down and pay attention.

Like my Uncle Jethro Love would equate it to is this: The young buck earns a hundred dollars. He's still a virgin. His buddies take him downtown in the hopes of scoring a lady for the night. He gets so excited at the first one he sees, he rushes her to a motel, hands over all his money, then is surprised to discover that the she is really a he and now has an 8" woody headed his way.

Slow down guys, or you'll be left holding the tree trunk!

hassan987

Nov 5, 2010
Samsung!

What should we do on froyo ?

My GPS wanna make me look like superman.

gained 500m elevation in a 3 min walk today

mattb6288

Jun 28, 2009
i accidently installed this on a 2.2 rom. is my gps pretty much fkd up now. is there any way get it back to normal?

EDIT: Nevermind... my GPS is better than ever after installing countless different roms and finally going back to the one i was first using. its weird, but my GPS is better than ever. using 8 to 9 satalites out of 12 in under 10 seconds. |: ) unibrow smiley face ...ps i don't have a unibrow!!!

Last edited:

Highlife22

Nov 4, 2008
My input:

I read this thread in desperation and decided to flash anyway. It worked very nice. I went from 0 satellites to now 5 on a very cold cloudy day.

I'm on Macnut R12 Froyo and finally have GPS lock. Thanks.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
this works on FROYO dude.
I tried it on AXURA got 11 satellites locked.
I tried it just 4 minutes ago on Nero Beta 3 and... IT broke my GPS lol.
How can i uninstall this without reflashing over again/

Rayman19876

Jan 14, 2011
To get back on this one..

In order to fix the gps problem. My galaxy has a pretty fast fix, but its unstable an inaccurate.
Does this gps fix work on the european galaxy s to? If not, is there another solution for the european galaxy s. Whithout i have to look into the hardware. Cause i am a little bit frightend i wreck the phone if i do that.

Thanks for the anwers,

Raymond

zerogzone

Jun 4, 2009
I forgot to read "ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT FOR 2.2 FROYO ROMS!!! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON "

Hi,

I was over excited and forgot to read "ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT FOR 2.2 FROYO ROMS!!! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON 2.2 IT WILL BREAK YOUR GPS AND QUITE POSSIBLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!!". I flashed it, thankfully it didn't brick my phone but it did break my GPS. Its not showing the GPS symbol on the notification bar at all. I am using a Samsung Vibrant, jail broken, rooted and updated to Froyo.

Is there anything I can do to get back to the old state?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

nacron

Dec 30, 2005
Hawaii
Hi,

I was over excited and forgot to read "ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT FOR 2.2 FROYO ROMS!!! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON 2.2 IT WILL BREAK YOUR GPS AND QUITE POSSIBLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!!". I flashed it, thankfully it didn't brick my phone but it did break my GPS. Its not showing the GPS symbol on the notification bar at all. I am using a Samsung Vibrant, jail broken, rooted and updated to Froyo.

Is there anything I can do to get back to the old state?

Thanks in advance.

Jail broken?! Hopefully you made a nand backup. If not, you may have to factory reset or flash again

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

zerogzone

Jun 4, 2009
Need Help!! I screwed my GPS with this update.

Hi Guys, am still stuck with no GPS. am not being able to get back my GPS at all. Is there anyway I can get it to the previous state?

I tried resetting it to the factory settings. It didn't work. Can someone tell me how to revert back to the stock ROM? Hope atleast that would fix my GPS. Am still stuck with Android 2.2 and not being able to revert back to 2.1.

Or can anyone help me with some update which will revert the changes..

Please .. someone ..
Thanks a lot in advance..

Last edited:

zerogzone

Jun 4, 2009
Hi Guys, am still stuck with no GPS. am not being able to get back my GPS at all. Is there anyway I can get it to the previous state?

I tried resetting it to the factory settings. It didn't work. Can someone tell me how to revert back to the stock ROM? Hope atleast that would fix my GPS. Am still stuck with Android 2.2 and not being able to revert back to 2.1.

Please .. someone ..

AgentFour20

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area

Please .. someone ..

Check out GPSRestore in the market its a samsung app .

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App