[Q] Cant get into bootloader (red triangle android)

Search This thread

shcizoid

Jul 15, 2008
Hi, I´m really hoping some kind soul will help me out :)

I have unlocked the tf701t with asus unlock tool. When I boot with "adb reboot bootloader" and choose RCK I first get a normal android avatar but then the android is lying down with a red triangle and nothing happens.

All tutorials I have found is based on flashing root/recovery through fastboot. But I cant get fastboot to work, or boot to the recovery.

I have rooted and flashed CM on like 10 different phones so I´m not a complete noob but for some reason I cant seem to find what I am doing wrong with the tf701t.

I am on 1WW_epad-10.26.1.18-20131217

Or is the screen with "RCK", Android and "Wipe Data" the fastboot screen?

Really hope You guys can help me out,

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
You need to update your bootloader with the official ASUS update first. Then you can continue. The CW recovery and the custom roms only work on the most update bootloader (which I think is .28 I cant check right now)
The screen that you are on after adb reboot bootloader is fast boot. selecting RCK is recovery. As you have the official recovery that's all there is is the lying android.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shcizoid

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
Boot loader is the part where RCK, Android,WipeData buttons are. Pressing RCK will take u to the recovery. The android lying with red triangle is the stock Asus recovery. If u r trying to install custom ROM, u must first get a custom recovery, so far only CWM recovery works. Then u can install the ROM zip file through the CWM recovery easily. But before getting CWM 4.7, make sure ur on the latest firmware. 10.26.1.18 I believe it is.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Reactions: shcizoid

shcizoid

Jul 15, 2008
THANKS guys, it was exactly like you said.
I was an a firmwire with the nr: 10.26.1.18 but not the latest "10.26.1.18".
So after updating with Asus firmwire fastboot was working for me and everything went smoothly.
Superhighly appreciated that you took the time to help me out, you guys just made my day :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to update your bootloader with the official ASUS update first. Then you can continue. The CW recovery and the custom roms only work on the most update bootloader (which I think is .28 I cant check right now)
    The screen that you are on after adb reboot bootloader is fast boot. selecting RCK is recovery. As you have the official recovery that's all there is is the lying android.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Boot loader is the part where RCK, Android,WipeData buttons are. Pressing RCK will take u to the recovery. The android lying with red triangle is the stock Asus recovery. If u r trying to install custom ROM, u must first get a custom recovery, so far only CWM recovery works. Then u can install the ROM zip file through the CWM recovery easily. But before getting CWM 4.7, make sure ur on the latest firmware. 10.26.1.18 I believe it is.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk