[Q] Help upgrading rooted MK2.

Search This thread

Scias

Oct 5, 2010
I know there was a thread about this before, but I'm having trouble finding it now. I am currently on the rooted MK2 and I finally want to upgrade to the latest. What would the easiest way to go about doing this?

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
I know there was a thread about this before, but I'm having trouble finding it now. I am currently on the rooted MK2 and I finally want to upgrade to the latest. What would the easiest way to go about doing this?

The absolute easiest way for you to upgrade is to download the NAE stock tar from random45's thread in the android development section. Install it with Odin 3.07 or 3.09. Then reroot your phone using the latest cf autoroot. Install the custom rom of your choice, then install the NAE hotspot mod also in the development section. You will not lose any data by upgrading this way. No need to factory reset.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Scias

Scias

Oct 5, 2010
Just for curiosity's sake, would unrooting my phone then upgrading normally actually work? Not that I actually want to do that, was just wondering.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The absolute easiest way for you to upgrade is to download the NAE stock tar from random45's thread in the android development section. Install it with Odin 3.07 or 3.09. Then reroot your phone using the latest cf autoroot. Install the custom rom of your choice, then install the NAE hotspot mod also in the development section. You will not lose any data by upgrading this way. No need to factory reset.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
    Just for curiosity's sake, would unrooting my phone then upgrading normally actually work? Not that I actually want to do that, was just wondering.

Yes but the NAE tar is the easiest. And it doesn't wipe data but you should back up anything important just in case.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk