HOW TO CHANGE imei FOR max OR spice mtkPHONES
I am getting questions about how to change IMEI and IMEI is invalid how to correct it.
Open ES explorer / Root explorer or any other tool and make your phone system to accept read and write. Norrnaly I use Android Root Tool kid. Open the tool kid and go to Remount option and in that make the System ----> read / write and (rootfs) read/ write. Also try to save your root.
I thought of using the reply channel to give the simple tutorial here.
1. Remove your battery and look at the scribes there. You will notice IMEI numbers there.
2. Just write down these numbers in a sheet. or store it in your system desktop.
3. You should have rooted phone.
4. Goto play store and install Mobileuncle MTK tool.
5. Open the mobile uncle tool and scroll to Engineering mode and click it.
6. Go to MTK section and click it.
7. You find Engineering mode pop up at the top and below it you notice the row with different section.
8. In that section you just slide and tap the connectivity section.
9. In the connectivity at the column below you touch CDS information
10.In the pop uo you tocuh the Radio information and you will get pbone 1 and below that phone 2.
11. Now you touch phone 1 and in the popup you touch the AT+
12. Once you touch the Key board will pop up. In the key board you type any single letter and cancel only the letter you have type.
13. Immediately you can notice the scribes that is required for you It looks like AT+EGMR=1,7""
14. you touch the first row and after 7 you can notice the simple "" and in that two inverted commas you delete one at the end.
15 after deleting that, just type the 15 degite number you have written down in the point no 2 here.
16. Verify your typed numbers and close the inverted commas "
17. Then touch the row which says SEND AT COMMAND
18. Once the pop up display indicates AT command successfully send.
It is all over for one of your sim, you have got the valid imei number.
Now repeat the same for phone 2.
This exercise is not required if you have saved your IMEI number using the same Mobile uncle tool. This tool has IMEI backup restore facility.
Just use that facility and back up your imei number not only in your mobile keep a copy some where in your laptop/ desktop.
If you have already saved and backed up there is no need for the above exercise.
SOMETIMES AFTER CUSTOM ROM FLASH, THE IMEI MIGHT VANISH and also for frequent editors like me in general The AT COMMAND fail
may occur. In such a cases I followed the procedure below.
If you have your CWM Back up at any time in your sd card in your laptop or desk top.
Then open it up and search for the data.ext4.tar file
open it up and look for the nvram
in small letters.
Copy this and take/paste it into your sdcard.
Now use ES File Explore
and make the root read and write acceptable in your phone.
Then go to the device in the ES File Explore and you can notice several section in the page and open the storage
section. you find sdcard0 and sdcard1
Look for the nvram
file that you have copied from cwm backp/data.ext4.tar and pasted in the sdcard.
After copying that file got the Device section
in the ES File explores by pressing back button.
Now open the data
folder and search for the nvram
Now touch your paste button in your ES File explore. A notice will pop up asking your permission to overwrite the file. You click/touch YES.
Now come out of the ES File explore and open your mobile uncle mtk tool and reboot your phone.
If the IMEI has not still recovered then, Follow the procedure listed in beginning. Now the SEND AT COMMAND FAIL MAY NOT OCCUR.