Root TF300 and apply browser speed-up patch
Rooting latest firmware (Nov 2013) and installing the patch for speeding up browser
This process works great to the last firmware. It is based on the fact that the old 4.1 firmware was fully rootable with Motochopper, without needing to unlock your tablet. Just follow all of the steps exactly as written.
- the stock Firmware 10.4.2.20 from ASUS site (WW_epaduser_10_4_2_20_UpdateLauncher)
(last firmware before 4.2.1, which was fully rootable with Motochopper)
(the script-app that should be run to apply the patch for speeding browser)
(I included this file to the post, because it would be rather difficult to find it by yourselfs)
!!!!YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR TABLET!!!!!
- Unzip (one level only) the WW_epaduser_10_4_2_20_UpdateLauncher to the root folder of a fat32 formatted microsd card
- Unzip androidbrowsercached.zip to the root folder of the same microsd card
- Insert this card in the tablet and press the exclamation mark to downgrade
- After the downgrade, delete WW_epad-user-10.4.2.20.zip from microsd card
- DO NOT INSTALL ANY UPDATE THAT THE TABLET WILL SHOW (in case the wifi was activated and the tablet already checked for a new update)
- Install Asus Sync to your PC in order to install Asus Drivers. Then you can uninstall just the Asus Sync from control panel, and keep the drivers
- Activate usb debugging in TF300
- Connect TF300 to the PC
- Unzip motochopper.zip to a folder of your choice to your PC
- Execute run.bat of motochopper. After that, your tablet will be rooted
- Execute supersu on your tablet to update binaries
- Install Voodoo OTA from market
- In Voodoo, press to backup root
- In Voodoo, press Unroot (but keep root backup)
- Update TF300 via OTA
- Do a factory reset (to have a clean installation)
- Install Supersu from market
- Execute Voodoo and press to restore root. SUCCESS!!!
- Install terminal from market
- Type in terminal:
- Now you have a rooted tablet with super speed lagless browser!!!
I hope that this will help everyone that has problems with rooting his/her TF300.