[MOD][PORT] GTA III optimized for HTC WFS :) (full tegra effects enabler)

Search This thread

caxelair

Oct 3, 2011
Dundee
hmmm, are using any audio files? is there sound?

EDIT: I have an idea. The only performance tweak I use on my phone is an app called Autokiller Memory Optimizer. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rs.autokiller&hl=en Install that and enable all the advanced settings. Don't worry about the dialogue's asking for root.

Same here... Without any sound, the game is too slow, even just after a "Quick restart" with Autokiller... WFS O/C at 806 MHz... :/
That should be the quality/access speed of the µSD card...

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
Same here... Without any sound, the game is too slow, even just after a "Quick restart" with Autokiller... WFS O/C at 806 MHz... :/
That should be the quality/access speed of the µSD card...
Okay, after trying various things, I can't get this to work anymore.

It worked quite well on stock rom for me, now on cm7 and many other roms it's waay too slow.

Any solutions will be appreciated.

caxelair

Oct 3, 2011
Dundee
Haha and now pretty funny... I can't even run the game... I mean, I gotta accept the EUA stuff, after minimizing the app, that's impossible to reopen the game. I just got a black screen and then the game shuts down alone...
I did nothing, just played a couple of minutes till a save point...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S (S-ON, unlocked bootloader, running CM7.2)

blax100dk

Feb 1, 2012
HTC Wildfire S

How can it be that my HTC Wildfire S runs this game so bad? Is it to weak?
In the titel it says "GTA III optimized for HTC WFS :) (full tegra effects enabler)"
HTC WFS = HTC Wildfire S? because it works stable, and dont crash at all... But it lag alot! Plz reaply. :)

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

How can it be that my HTC Wildfire S runs this game so laggy? Is it to weak?
In the titel it says "GTA III optimized for HTC WFS (full tegra effects enabler)"
HTC WFS = HTC Wildfire S? because it works stable, and dont crash at all... But it lag alot! Plz reaply.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

In the titel it says "GTA III optimized for HTC WFS (full tegra effects enabler)"
HTC WFS = HTC Wildfire S? because it works stable, and dont crash at all... But it lag alot! Plz reaply.

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
How can it be that my HTC Wildfire S runs this game so bad? Is it to weak?
In the titel it says "GTA III optimized for HTC WFS :) (full tegra effects enabler)"
HTC WFS = HTC Wildfire S? because it works stable, and dont crash at all... But it lag alot! Plz reaply. :)

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

everyone has the same problem, wfs is just not powerful enough.

blax100dk

Feb 1, 2012
HTC Wildfire S

It still lags on my HTC Wildfire S alot... But it have helped. Is this performance modefication not for the HTC Wildfire S? " GTA III optimized for HTC WFS :) (full tegra effects enabler)"
HTC WFS = HTC Wildfire S? Is it to weak for this game? It runs really stable and don't ever had crash... But it's a pain to play with that much lag... Plz reaply :)

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
Yeah, I think it's something to do with the FPS cap on the GPU applied by CM7.2. Stay tuned, the nightly team will uncap it soon.

ianseer

Sep 27, 2010
POCO M3
ASUS ROG Phone 5
your tutorial works... thanks there....
the audio works now... no lag at all...
for those who get trouble like me (no audio) just download the sd data and copy to audio folder ;)

(atrix user )

caxelair

Oct 3, 2011
Dundee
your tutorial works... thanks there....
the audio works now... no lag at all...
for those who get trouble like me (no audio) just download the sd data and copy to audio folder ;)

(atrix user )

Of course an Atrix is definitely more powerful than our little Wildfire S :p
Lucky you! Enjoy this game ;-)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S (S-ON, unlocked bootloader, running CM7.2)

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Okay, I am going to try this on .sense - I couldn't get it to work (at all - black screen, even without this patch) on CM7...

Freshz24

Jan 26, 2012
Works playable on m1ndhaxor's rom ,oc 806 performance with noop.

few fps drops but overall good.

lags a lot with audio

Last edited:
Reactions: bubblespuffin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GTA III - 10 Year Anniversary Edition
    Full tegra cached effects and armv6 optimization!

To use this you must purchase GTA III - 10 Year Anniversary Edition first.

This is a little trick to enable full effects and an optimized tegra cache for HVGA armv6 devices. I've tested it S-ON unrooted stock, and works perfectly with no problems and full effects. There's no more lag and looks so nice.

The only downside to this method is there is no sound. However, S-OFF overclocked users may be able to enable audio files (need a tester).

Download (full optimized effects): http://www.mediafire.com/?992ou6xbx6t49r8

Extract all files by running EXE to desktop - then replace all files in sd/android/data/com.rockstar.gta3/files/GTA3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you have alquez's OC kernal and want to try audio follow these steps:

Download this data version (normal effects with audio folder): http://narod.ru/disk/34424215001/com.rockstar.gta3.rar.html

Copy ONLY audio folder to sd/android/data/com.rockstar.gta3/files/GTA3 and then use the rest of the data from first (full effects) download link.

If you find a lag in game after enabling audio, then just delete this audio folder.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big thanks to infazz & 4PDA.ru ! Press thanks if you found this helpful !
    Screenshots of comparison below. :)
    Hi there

Your Data File at first didn't work. When I installed the game it still ask for data(402MB) from internet to be downloaded. So i did that, and afterwards I replaced the data files with your .exe extracted data files with everything but movies & audio Folders & gta3.set, GTA3sf1.b & GTA3sf9.b files.

It responses faster true (its may well be placebo effect LOL) but in the horizon I see buildings upside down. Otherwise Audio & everything else works fine.

In the screenshots the red boxes indicated an unmoving screen and the black box is moving but the scenery is upside down!:D Whats tegra effect anyways?????

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    In this case it is a drowning cars pic :D
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Edit: Solution is to remove data folder replace the original data folder all else is fast and ok.

Edit: dont delete data folder. Instead google for modding handling.cfg, particle.cfg and timecyc.dat.

timecyc.dat is a 21kb file but it control many graphical issues. if u can mod timecyc.dat U can have a good gaming experience in wildfire s.
    Doesn't actually even launch properly atm.
    did you first download sd card content, then rename it and then put it to folder where its said... and then installed the game, and when it asks to download stuff you just back then home, and then run it from notifications ....

Content is from http://andropediaapps.blogspot.com and I don't take any responsibility for any of the content down from this line, to the end of the post.

here u go, link to the APK game : GTA III
    a link to sd card content : SD card content
    1.Unpack
    2.You will have UP1.6
    3.Change name UP1.6 to com.rockstar.gta3
    4.Copy com.rockstar.gta3 folder to Android/data
    5.Install the game
    1)Open Game,Accept Eula USER AGREEMENT
    2)It will ask you to download data again,press back and minimize game
    3)now play game from notification bar or recent apps
    4)Enjoy.
    It's not an .apk file, it's .zip.
    No .apk inside.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA App

I gave 2 links, one is content that gta should download itself, but someone took it and change it, and you have it like 'SD card content' and .apk game is under 'GTA III' link .... Just read my post again ?