[Tutorial][Rescue]Sprint HTC One users that flash GSM roms on their CDMA devices.

Did this Guide help you save your phone?

• Yes

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Hello XDA,
I have noticed a lot of Sprint(CDMA) HTC One users on the latest 4.3/4.4.2 OTA are flashing 4.3/4.4.2 GSM roms and soft bricking their devices lately.
I have personally rescued a several devices in the past couple months so I'm posting this guide in hopes that it will save some headaches and stress for Sprint users.

This guide is for Sprint HTC One users only.

3.04.651.2 RUU Thanks @OMJ
3.05.651.6 RUU From HTC
4.06.651.4 RUU Thanks @OMJ and @-viperboy-
5.03.651.3 RUU Thanks @OMJ **Note you will have to update your hboot to 1.57 in order for this RUU to work...solution is flash the 5.03.651.3 s-on firmware first.**
5.05.651.2 RUU
6.23.651.6 RUU Latest from htc.com

Device not recognized? (If you are using Windows 8.1 this will most likely not work unless your hboot is 1.55 or 1.56 or 1.57)
On your PC go to device manager and find your phone(usually M7WLS), right click and select properties
Select the driver tab
Select update driver
Select browse my comp
Let me pick
Look for ADB USB device or similar should be one of the first couple choices
Select MyHTC install and you should be good :D

Latest HTC Drivers AFH

Video showing how to flash the firmware Thanks @thoughtlesskyle

If you are S-OFF flash
3.04.651.2 s-off firmware
3.05.651.5 s-off firmware
3.05.651.6 s-off firmware
4.06.651.4 s-off firmware
5.03.651.3 s-off firmware
5.05.651.2 s-off firmware (Sense 6) and you are done.
If you are already on 4.06.651.4 or 4.06.651.9 you will have to flash the 3.05.651.6 s-off firmware first...reason being is the 4.06 s-off firmware does not have the latest radio included (use the same commands from 5.)
6.23.651.6 s-off firmware Latest and most likely the last.
**Note the 5.03.651.3 firmware has a new radio so no need to flash the older version to get the radio.**

If you are s-on follow these steps ALL the way to the end (there are no shortcuts unless you are s-off and step 9 is optional as noted)
1.Download
3.04.651.2 s-on firmware
3.05.651.5 s-on firmware
3.05.651.6 s-on firmware
4.06.651.4 s-on firmware
5.03.651.3 s-on firmware
5.05.651.2 s-on firmware (Sense 6)

6.23.651.6 s-on firmware Latest and most likely the last.

2.Rename it firmware.zip (put the firmware.zip into the platform tools folder or the folder attached below)
3.Boot to bootloader
4.Lock bootloader(fastboot oem lock)
5.Then use these commands:

Code:
Fastboot oem rebootRUU
Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
Fastboot reboot-bootloader

6.If you get this error after the second command(most likely will)
Code:
failed 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately
press the UP Arrow on your keyboard and press enter to issue the command again.

7.Then unlock the bootloader again and re-flash Latest TWRP. (before formatting go to setting/screen and disable screen timeout)
8.Within Latest TWRP select Wipe > Format Data(it will ask you to confirm by typing YES) once done adb push a rom to your phone (adb push nameofrom.zip /sdcard/ ).

8a. If you are using the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware I would suggest you push this Stock Rooted Odexed Rom to your device or it may not boot.
8b. After flashing the 4.06.651.4 rom you will most likely need to flash the latest radio because the 4.06 firmware does not have a radio included find it HERE
8c. If you are using the 5.03.651.3 s-on firmware I would suggest you push this 5.03.651.3_Stock | Rooted | 4.4.2 | Sense 6 to your device or it may not boot.
8d. If you are using the 6.23.651.6 s-on firmware I would suggest you push this [STOCK ROM] [5.0.2] [SENSE 6] Sprint 6.16.651.2 AND 6.23.651.3 to your device or it may not boot.
9.Optional but recommended: S-OFF using Sunshine
10.Win lol :victory:

Thanks @OMJ for the firmware
Thanks @thoughtlesskyle for the 5.03.651.3 firmware and stock odex rom
Thanks @beaups and @Fuses for Rumrunner and Firewater
Thanks @WayneQuasar for helping me figure out the correct order to do these steps(many hours and many failed attempts before we figured it out lol)

If you need assistance I'll be happy to help. :D

If you need help add me on hangouts slycat67@gmail.com
First come first served :D please tell me your XDA name and a link to what you are having problems with.

Attachments

• ADB_Fastboot_light.zip
    948.9 KB · Views: 1,393
Last edited:

MacSkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Hello XDA,
I have noticed a lot of Sprint(CDMA) HTC One users on the latest 4.3 OTA are flashing 4.3 GSM roms and soft bricking their devices lately.
I have personally rescued a few devices in the past week so I'm posting this guide in hopes that it will save some headaches and stress for Sprint users.

Device not recognized? (If you are using Windows 8.1 this will most likely not work)
On your PC go to device manager and find your phone(usually M7WLS), right click and select properties
Select the driver tab
Select update driver
Select browse my comp
Let me pick

1.Download the s-on firmware zip
2.Rename it firmware.zip (put the firmware.zip into the folder you use to open your cmd window or the folder attached below)
3.Boot to bootloader

Code:
Fastboot oem rebootRUU

Code:
failed 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again

7.Then unlock the bootloader again and re-flash TWRP.
8.Within TWRP select Wipe > Format Data(it will ask you to confirm by typing YES) once done sideload or adb push a rom to your phone. :D

9.Optional but recommended: S-OFF using Rumrunner

Thanks @beaups and @Fuses for Rumrunner
Thanks @WayneQuasar for helping me figure out the correct order to do these steps(many hours and many failed attempts before we figured it out lol)

I have followed your steps exactly, after I flash TWRP I try to enter recovery and it says "entering recovery..." for a few seconds then goes to a normal boot to a black screen. What should I do?

MacSkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Did you flash the Sprint version of twrp
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7wls 2.6.3.0

I think so, but I am going to try with the link you gave.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Okay this worked!! Sorry I am very new to this, I know how to sideload, but what ROM should I use? I just want to get to stock rooted. does that mean OMJ's?

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I think so, but I am going to try with the link you gave.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Okay this worked!! Sorry I am very new to this, I know how to sideload, but what ROM should I use? I just want to get to stock rooted. does that mean OMJ's?
You can use OMJ's stock rooted or there is a Reset tool in Development if you want completely stock

Reactions: MacSkizzle

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I already had the MyHTC drivers installed. I'm still getting "Starting ADB sideload feature..." on my phone and "error device not found" in my command.
Uninstall it and start over, I know there are a few versions maybe you are using an older version coz it sounds like a driver issue

MacSkizzle

Nov 30, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,
    I have noticed a lot of Sprint(CDMA) HTC One users on the latest 4.3/4.4.2 OTA are flashing 4.3/4.4.2 GSM roms and soft bricking their devices lately.
    I have personally rescued a several devices in the past couple months so I'm posting this guide in hopes that it will save some headaches and stress for Sprint users.

3.04.651.2 RUU Thanks @OMJ
    3.05.651.6 RUU From HTC
    4.06.651.4 RUU Thanks @OMJ and @-viperboy-
    5.03.651.3 RUU Thanks @OMJ **Note you will have to update your hboot to 1.57 in order for this RUU to work...solution is flash the 5.03.651.3 s-on firmware first.**
    5.05.651.2 RUU
    6.23.651.6 RUU Latest from htc.com

Device not recognized? (If you are using Windows 8.1 this will most likely not work unless your hboot is 1.55 or 1.56 or 1.57)
    Select the driver tab
    Select update driver
    Select browse my comp
    Let me pick

Latest HTC Drivers AFH

Video showing how to flash the firmware Thanks @thoughtlesskyle

If you are S-OFF flash
    3.04.651.2 s-off firmware
    3.05.651.5 s-off firmware
    3.05.651.6 s-off firmware
    4.06.651.4 s-off firmware
    5.03.651.3 s-off firmware
    5.05.651.2 s-off firmware (Sense 6) and you are done.
    If you are already on 4.06.651.4 or 4.06.651.9 you will have to flash the 3.05.651.6 s-off firmware first...reason being is the 4.06 s-off firmware does not have the latest radio included (use the same commands from 5.)
    6.23.651.6 s-off firmware Latest and most likely the last.
    **Note the 5.03.651.3 firmware has a new radio so no need to flash the older version to get the radio.**

If you are s-on follow these steps ALL the way to the end (there are no shortcuts unless you are s-off and step 9 is optional as noted)
    1.Download
    3.04.651.2 s-on firmware
    3.05.651.5 s-on firmware
    3.05.651.6 s-on firmware
    4.06.651.4 s-on firmware
    5.03.651.3 s-on firmware
    5.05.651.2 s-on firmware (Sense 6)

6.23.651.6 s-on firmware Latest and most likely the last.

2.Rename it firmware.zip (put the firmware.zip into the platform tools folder or the folder attached below)
    3.Boot to bootloader

Code:
    Fastboot oem rebootRUU

Code:
    failed 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately

7.Then unlock the bootloader again and re-flash Latest TWRP. (before formatting go to setting/screen and disable screen timeout)
    8.Within Latest TWRP select Wipe > Format Data(it will ask you to confirm by typing YES) once done adb push a rom to your phone (adb push nameofrom.zip /sdcard/ ).

8a. If you are using the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware I would suggest you push this Stock Rooted Odexed Rom to your device or it may not boot.
    8b. After flashing the 4.06.651.4 rom you will most likely need to flash the latest radio because the 4.06 firmware does not have a radio included find it HERE
    8c. If you are using the 5.03.651.3 s-on firmware I would suggest you push this 5.03.651.3_Stock | Rooted | 4.4.2 | Sense 6 to your device or it may not boot.
    8d. If you are using the 6.23.651.6 s-on firmware I would suggest you push this [STOCK ROM] [5.0.2] [SENSE 6] Sprint 6.16.651.2 AND 6.23.651.3 to your device or it may not boot.
    9.Optional but recommended: S-OFF using Sunshine

Thanks @thoughtlesskyle for the 5.03.651.3 firmware and stock odex rom
    Thanks @beaups and @Fuses for Rumrunner and Firewater

If you need help add me on hangouts slycat67@gmail.com
    First come first served :D please tell me your XDA name and a link to what you are having problems with.
    Added link to 5.03.651.3 RUU to post 1 Thanks @OMJ
    Hi Bigdaddy,
    I noticed these problems on the HTC ONE GSM side too, already had a user from russia PM me about how to fix, so i dropped a "quick" fix on my firmware thread HERE and directed ViperOne sprint users HERE in order to catch that stuff.

Now i have learned today, that some ViperOne users soft bricked because they thought the Kernels on the ViperOne HUB would be OK to flash but of course they are not, looking at the different mount points and block addresses of the Sprint phone and more issues deeper down. Team Venom has removed all kernels for now to prevent further damage from our side and i will see that i can put up a note somewhere in the thread.

I just wanted to say you have a terrific guide here and it will help a LOT.

I will in the meanwhile direct users to your thread here instead of my "quick" fix, which only consists of O.M.J's RUU which i repacked to with correct english language file and an installer which drops it into %TEMP%\SprintRUU so people can double click it and go from there like they would with the original InstallShield RUU.

If you find it useful, the file is here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23203820527945765 MD5: 0c00c772cd44e1040d83b11cab6ce78c
    rom.zip contents not modified, still same as O.M.J's package. Just slightly different launch approach.

Thanks for the job you did here.
    Thanks you for the kind words and thanks for adding this thread to the Viper thread hopefully it will keep the soft bricks to a minimum. I'll add a link to your RUU file also. :D
    Thank you so much! You really don't know how much stress you've relieved from me.:highfive:
    NP good luck and yes I do know I help 2-3 a day haha