[Q] Question about Roms and Phone Variants

Search This thread
Jun 18, 2014
Hey everyone ^^. Im new to XDA and sort of new to the Android modding scene too. Im curious if i can install any Rom on my Galaxy S5. I know they have to be specifically designed for that phone, but are there certain Roms that are tied to a certain phone carrier/variant? Specially designed? I guess my question would be could i take a Rom made for the Galaxy S5 Dev Edition from Verizon and use that Rom on a galaxy S5 regular verizon variant? Sorry for being such a Newb :/

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
generally speaking the rom has to say its for your exact model/variant/carrier/etc or you will likely have issues and even possibly brick.
as far as specifically a dev rom to your phone, im not positive, but following the rule above, the answer is most likely no you cant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    generally speaking the rom has to say its for your exact model/variant/carrier/etc or you will likely have issues and even possibly brick.
    as far as specifically a dev rom to your phone, im not positive, but following the rule above, the answer is most likely no you cant.