Review for Case-Mate Tough

Search This thread

Illicit Hero

Jun 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Had it for a couple of days now figure I'd give my two cents on it.

The case came in standard AT&T boxing nothing special added in. If you have ever used a tough case from Case-Mate don't expect anything new and exciting, which I think is a great thing.

The case is a two piece with the hard black plastic wrapping over the grey silicon which feels good in the hand because of the textured hard plastic cover. The installation is pretty straight forward and a overall very snug fit a bit tougher to put on than other cases. The buttons feel pretty good, the power button is a little bit easier to push because the covering makes it stick out a little more. The volume buttons a little tougher to press, but definitely not a deal breaker by any means, same goes for the camera button as well.
All the speaker holes, and ports are unrestricted and work/sound the same without.
The bulk is there so don't expect a super thin case, but it's not too big either.

Couple of my complaints is that the top and bottom sides of the phone don't the hard plastic doesn't go over, for the most part I wear slacks so pulling my phone in and out of my pocket at work is okay, but jeans or more constricting pants could be annoying because of the top and bottom lips of the case around the screen getting caught up. Also, the edges of the case around the screen also get dust around and under them as well, but that silicon for you. I wouldn't say either is a deal breaker by any means just a little annoyance at times.

The only deal breaker I can really see would be the price, $45 is a bit steep for this type of case in my opinion(Yet I bought it anyway.) :rolleyes:, it's quality but would be a bit happier paying $30-$35.

Sorry for the crappy pictures only thing I have is an Atrix to take pictures with.

Attachments

• 2011-12-03_03-36-23_520.jpg
    2011-12-03_03-36-23_520.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 422
  • 2011-12-03_03-36-35_332.jpg
    2011-12-03_03-36-35_332.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 2011-12-03_03-36-52_226.jpg
    2011-12-03_03-36-52_226.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 2011-12-03_03-37-03_563.jpg
    2011-12-03_03-37-03_563.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 2011-12-03_03-37-16_679.jpg
    2011-12-03_03-37-16_679.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 2011-12-03_03-37-28_196.jpg
    2011-12-03_03-37-28_196.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: paulstorrar

falconeight

Nov 10, 2010
Colorado Springs
Good review thanks. I have to say that I hate that case on the Titan. I think I am going to stay naked. The phone is to nice looking and feels good as is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had it for a couple of days now figure I'd give my two cents on it.

The case came in standard AT&T boxing nothing special added in. If you have ever used a tough case from Case-Mate don't expect anything new and exciting, which I think is a great thing.

The case is a two piece with the hard black plastic wrapping over the grey silicon which feels good in the hand because of the textured hard plastic cover. The installation is pretty straight forward and a overall very snug fit a bit tougher to put on than other cases. The buttons feel pretty good, the power button is a little bit easier to push because the covering makes it stick out a little more. The volume buttons a little tougher to press, but definitely not a deal breaker by any means, same goes for the camera button as well.
    All the speaker holes, and ports are unrestricted and work/sound the same without.
    The bulk is there so don't expect a super thin case, but it's not too big either.

Couple of my complaints is that the top and bottom sides of the phone don't the hard plastic doesn't go over, for the most part I wear slacks so pulling my phone in and out of my pocket at work is okay, but jeans or more constricting pants could be annoying because of the top and bottom lips of the case around the screen getting caught up. Also, the edges of the case around the screen also get dust around and under them as well, but that silicon for you. I wouldn't say either is a deal breaker by any means just a little annoyance at times.

The only deal breaker I can really see would be the price, $45 is a bit steep for this type of case in my opinion(Yet I bought it anyway.) :rolleyes:, it's quality but would be a bit happier paying $30-$35.

Sorry for the crappy pictures only thing I have is an Atrix to take pictures with.