Why poor battery life after kit kat update

Search This thread

tleung927

Mar 26, 2014
los angeles
Try the batteryguru it works on my phone pretty well it can help u stop the background app refresh and some other battery save tips try it

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey

Just did a kit kat UK upgrade

I'm having such poor battery life now I'm regretting upgrading

Is anyone else having bad battery life? Any way to fix this?

Would appreciate the help

It's a best way to Root your phone, I had that problem, I've rooted it and installed several root apps such greenify, installed custum kernel and now it's working very fine :good:
    Same problem here

I have the same problem.
    I've always had great battery life on the note 3 and right after the update I didn't notice any changes for the first few days.
    Today I noticed that 5 minutes after I disconnect it from the overnight charge (was 100%) it dropped to 98%.
    10 minutes after, after a bathroom break, it was already 95%. Now this is when it's idle.
    I had some update notifications for a few applications (like 10 small apps, google apps and whatnot), started updating, took like 5 minutes, and it dropped to 90%.
    Before the update the battery would've handled those without losing 5%.
    In addition, when playing games, the battery drained so fast in comparison to 4.3.
    Opening and exiting clash of clans (without any gameplay), took 1%-2% off the battery every time.
    I know what you're thinking, something is wrong with the battery. But this is a new device, bought in January and had no problems with it before the update.
    Hey

Just did a kit kat UK upgrade

I'm having such poor battery life now I'm regretting upgrading

Is anyone else having bad battery life? Any way to fix this?

Would appreciate the help

No need to root. Just disable the apps shown in the screen shot.
    Mine had this, too. I could see it drop, even when just having the screen on and nothing else.

Managed to fix it:

-FACTORY RESET! It solved the top-speed drain but got me the Mediaserver bug.

Fixed that bug by:

-dropped a .nomedia file in all folders not containing things i needed to see in gallery or mediaplayer.
    -turned off sync, location services and all active scanners, crawlers and widgets.
    -Disabled all system sounds under settings>device>sounds>system. This fixed it for the most part.
    -tried disabling mediaserver but it rendered all media invisible, so bad plan.

Back to 26h with 4h screen on, when idle i loose 1% in 11h. :)

Send From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk
    A .nomedia file tells the filescanner that there are no media files in the folder, even if there are. Thus hiding the folder from it. Which in result means it won't scan the folder.

By dropping I mean placing a .nomedia file in the folder. It can be copied from several folders already on the phone.

Is it recursive or it needs to be added on each of subfolders ?

I had the same problem after the upgrade to Kit Kat.
    A factory reset fix the battery drainage issue.
    Now I have again 7hours of screeon on time!

Still remails the problem related to the inability to write the external SD (my Note 3 isn't rooted so I can't apply the fix you know)

I'm on 4.4.2 last version NC1. I use ES Explorer, never rooted, can write to Ext SD Card.

Btw, for anyone who use S-View cover and Lockscreen at the same time, I found a battery/CPU culprit here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51025095