Xperia Overlay Ah been closed! needs our help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yekasangredevago

Aug 10, 2012
Venado Tuerto
Today 25/04/14! Developer: (Achotjan)
Of Recognized Roms (SDE) and the current firmware (Xperia Overlay) To The Xperia Line 2011 (Included Xperia Play Cooming Soon Mod Edit link removed ah this statement on their website:

so they had read in the image ..
the nesecita our help by sending PM to manager (eagleeyetom) to withdraw its decision and that it was unfair ..

I hope all Xplayers community support it ..!

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteWashed

Jan 26, 2014
Vivaro
I don't understand why XDA moderators closed their thread but I think that it must have been for a good reason...
Anyway why is this topic on the development forum ? I think general discussion is the right forum for this.

yekasangredevago

Aug 10, 2012
Venado Tuerto
I don't understand why XDA moderators closed their thread but I think that it must have been for a good reason...
Anyway why is this topic on the development forum ? I think general discussion is the right forum for this.

What happens is that on your page .. the developer says that those who donate, will be able to have the firmware before, but also later, release them FREE to the entire community. I mean that's just to support and encourage hard work.
oh and it's true ... You're right I did hurry and did not realize .. Moderators please move this thread to the General section please ..

What happens is that on your page .. the developer says that those who donate, will be able to have the firmware before, but also later, release them FREE to the entire community. I mean that's just to support and encourage hard work.

oh and it's true ... You're right I did hurry and did not realize .. Moderators please move this thread to the General section please ..

The application for RD covers more than "Did you release anything?" It also asks how you will help the community in general. Only XDA can sell the work developers contribute here. It's a lot like a university saying they own the rights to your projects. I don't think either side is right, but you know what you're signing up for.

Toasty Clown

Apr 18, 2013
The application for RD covers more than "Did you release anything?" It also asks how you will help the community in general. Only XDA can sell the work developers contribute here. It's a lot like a university saying they own the rights to your projects. I don't think either side is right, but you know what you're signing up for.

But surely there've been Portal Posts promoting paid apps made by members of this place, that XDA does not profit from? Besides, XDA can't possibly sell an Android ROM, right? I'd like to get the full story on this; I don't like the sound of it at all. What the heck happened that could possibly justify their abuse if it isn't your reason?

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
well he is going to release a free version after one month
developer of dixperia roms did something like this too but why no one told anything to him?

But surely there've been Portal Posts promoting paid apps made by members of this place, that XDA does not profit from? Besides, XDA can't possibly sell an Android ROM, right? I'd like to get the full story on this; I don't like the sound of it at all. What the heck happened that could possibly justify their abuse if it isn't your reason?

They do have an area for announcing paid software, but that's the only place it's permitted.
XDA doesn't sell ROMs directly, just advertising and stuff like that.
There could be 1000 reasons, but they're really between the dev and XDA. Only one side of the story is given by a blog post and most people aren't going to admit they were wrong and then ask for donations.

Reactions: olokos

Frutak

Mar 14, 2013
Ostrava
homel.vsb.cz
How can we help him? I dont know whats mean this theraed Can someone tell me about this problem:D sorry

Sent from my R800i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

korrectmethod

Aug 23, 2010
How can we help him? I dont know whats mean this theraed Can someone tell me about this problem:D sorry

Well known Recognised Developer team that works on 4.4 for Xperia 2011 devices(including xplay), has built their own 4.4.2 firmware. They offer an early access version to people who donate $5 on their website. After 1 month, it all becomes free to the public. Apparently XDA didn't like that, and revoked their recognised developer status and deleted the thread. The development team is asking us to PM the forum administrators and show our disagreement on the matter.

Also, achtojan hasn't posted anything in the past 3 days on xda since this happened, can't blame him.

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

korrectmethod

Aug 23, 2010
So basically they should have just made the mandatory donate version on their personal website, then when it goes free they could have posted it on xda and still accept donations. The rules aren't very well laid out concerning this. It certainly doesn't justify revoking their RD status.

Last edited:

Frutak

Mar 14, 2013
Ostrava
homel.vsb.cz
But why we must pay for OS ? When the os should be free.... I dont know but I dont like this idea... Sorry I know may Im crazy...
I know its may his job..

krchi

Dec 11, 2012
But why we must pay for OS ? When the os should be free.... I dont know but I dont like this idea... Sorry I know may Im crazy...
I know its may his job..

omg.... another person... have you even read the thread? its a donated version the free will be here in 1 month... no one is donating to him and yet everyone is complaing

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Who send mobile to Achotjan? Because I dont see his work sorry :)

this seriously doesnt make sense i dont know what youre trying to say so i cant really reply to this

korrectmethod

Aug 23, 2010
Number 8 is about as close as possible to saying IT IS AGAINST THE RULES IF

They are lucky it was just a title and thread and not a suspension or ban.

They didn't technically break rule number 8. The development team isn't saying "donate now and in a month you will receive it". They're saying donate now and receive it immediately, or wait and get it for free. Or is that still not allowed? I've seen many paid services on XDA, I guess the teams main mistake was posting it on XDA instead of just their website.

Last edited:
Reactions: clivejefferies

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
They didn't technically break rule number 8. The development team isn't saying "donate now and in a month you will receive it". They're saying donate now and receive it immediately, or wait and get it for free. Or is that still not allowed? I've seen many paid services on XDA, I guess the teams main mistake was posting it on XDA instead of just their website.

The problem is, that all of they're firmware can only be obtained for a fee. That is against the rules. If they posted a link to a donate and free version then it would be fine, but everything they linked to is for money. Not OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: twistedumbrella
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We do not discuss reasons why users have their titles revoked, or reasons why they are banned. Period. Decisions by moderators are not made in haste, and threads like this have no influence on the decisions. Thread closed.

-El Daddy
    The problem is, that all of they're firmware can only be obtained for a fee. That is against the rules. If they posted a link to a donate and free version then it would be fine, but everything they linked to is for money. Not OK.

i have to agree with this post..i stated that on a previous post. even the xperia play, he got it from Doomlord donation!!!

they should have 2 versions or make it available with less features to beta testers,cause we all know that 4.1.2 version for xperia play was very buggy...so why pay for that?..and if XDA allows it, what stops me or other to sell their own roms???? i have more than 10000 downloads on my roms always available on dev-host or mediafire..not 1 is on paid servers.. and im not 50% developer as they are..nevertheless is against all rules sell a product here on XDA.. but recognizing that they make an amazing work..and i will sign the petition cause they made an error and i think XDA moderators could warn first to remove that and provide a free version; on consideration for all their work for all xperia 2011,2012 and others for FREE.

I regret to inform you that Mr. @Achotjan! From what I see .. ah gone from XDA-Developres:

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2482775

How Come In Your Profile Your Account This Off ..
    You think that will remain for Xperia Play? :(

maybe he got banned..losing RD title was the less punishement..that is a bit harsh if was xda banning him..my opinion only.

xperia overlay is still active and still you can pay for the rom..i tested right now for ARC/S..so maybe they choose to leave XDA and only keep paid versions of this..what a pitty..what a great work they did and do for xperia devices..:(

Number 8 is about as close as possible to saying IT IS AGAINST THE RULES IF
    They offer an early access version to people who donate $5 on their website. After 1 month, it all becomes free to the public.

They are lucky it was just a title and thread and not a suspension or ban.
    I agree. This is against everything that Android and XDA stand for.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

They do have an area for announcing paid software, but that's the only place it's permitted.
    XDA doesn't sell ROMs directly, just advertising and stuff like that.
    There could be 1000 reasons, but they're really between the dev and XDA. Only one side of the story is given by a blog post and most people aren't going to admit they were wrong and then ask for donations.