[Q] Issues reverting to stock.

Search This thread

koker93

Jun 25, 2012
Quick story: I rooted my note 2 about a year ago. Ran Paranoid Android for a long time. got it in my head I wanted to revert back to stock. So I did, successfully. I then did all the updates, including the dreaded knox firmware. I then went back to PA, but with knox on the phone I was never able to get root access. I did get PA to stick somehow, but for the last 2 months i've been without my LTE. So I decided to revert again, successfully. Because I'm a glutton for punishment I allowed the stock update to kitkat 4.3, which soft bricked my phone. This was after it had been working on 4.1 for a half a day. A really nice guy in this thread showed me how to unbrick my phone and get it back to the bootloader. From there I was able to run the revert to stock again and my phone is again happily running stock 4.1.

All of that is leading to this, the actual question. My phone is constantly hanging when the OS asks if I want to upgrade. I've tried it a couple more times at this point to see if it was just a fluke that the update didn't take. Is soft bricks the phone every time...how do I get the phone updated to 4.3 so it stops asking?? At this point I am stock. I also tried running the auto root but it runs into knox (i think, something goes wrong) and wont take :(

Dont care what I have to do at this point, the knox counter is already tripped. Although it doesn't show up after running the revert to stock rom.