Votes: 63 28.8%
  • none, just leave it alone!

Votes: 16 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

mixmaven

Mar 8, 2005
I have attached below the finals in the XDA LIVE splash screen contest. Please take a quick peek at the images below and vote for the splash screen of your choice. They are listed in no particular order and 240 x 320 to save space. The winning splash will have to be submitted in 320 x 320 png format.

1: XDA Live 1
2: Einstein XDA
3: Skull
4: XDA Live 2
5: XDA LIVE Glass
6: XDA LIVE Glow
7: XDA Live 3
8: XDA Vista
9: XDA WM06
10: none, just leave it alone!

Thanks to all who submitted, view the original thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=296092

Since I may not be around when this closes, the top two entries have been attached here.

-mix

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 415
  • F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 443
  • F3.jpg
    F3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:

RemE

Jan 2, 2007
SoCal
What nice work! So many are drop dead georgeous. I chose Live Glow, mainly because I'd prefer a darker splash when rebooting the PPC indoors, don't like the bright flash of a white or light background screen. Plus it's mentions WM6 as well.

arghness

Oct 23, 2006
#6 and #8 are both great, I just preferred the matching Today theme for #8 (sorry #6!)

mixmaven

Mar 8, 2005
Let me know if you think it would be useful to collect all of the today theme's and splash screens for WM06 in a thread and link them to the wiki. I usually like to see what I am d/l first so just files on a ftp are not always useful.

-mix

richy240

Jun 3, 2006
H-Town, sucka!
Let me know if you think it would be useful to collect all of the today theme's and splash screens for WM06 in a thread and link them to the wiki. I usually like to see what I am d/l first so just files on a ftp are not always useful.

-mix
Considering we can download these files and drop them in our \Windows directory to change the OS splash screen (hint, hint), that would be very useful! Thanks Mix!

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
Just so everyone remembers, I will embedd the today theme that matches #8 (WMXL Areo) and the Black WMXL Today theme (both from the original contast thread) into the Rom.

Oh yeah I vote #8 although I like the black ones also...

mixmaven

Mar 8, 2005
You get one vote for a splash screen that kyphur will integrate into the new rom, the rest will be placed in a thread that anyone can download. As for #41, there were only 10 spots for the poll so I could only include splash screens that had at least one vote or more. It was nothing against your design, we simply ran out of space. I will link the new thread from this poll and you post as many splash screens as you like.

-mix

Hi why dont have take the #41 ???
which type of voting is this?
or all or nobody

festermania

Aug 28, 2006
You get one vote for a splash screen that kyphur will integrate into the new rom, the rest will be placed in a thread that anyone can download. As for #41, there were only 10 spots for the poll so I could only include splash screens that had at least one vote or more. It was nothing against your design, we simply ran out of space. I will link the new thread from this poll and you post as many splash screens as you like.

-mix

Hi
before all I apologize for mine bad English.
Don't worry there is not any problem. I wanted only to know the criterions or that you have followed.

steverae

Dec 3, 2004
Newcastle
Come on people..... only 9 votes between the top two now.... it's gonna be a close call....

i think the top two are both really nice and if my personal favorite don't win, i'll just chance to it anyway....

(come on number 9) :D :D :D

mixmaven

Mar 8, 2005
I have created a thread and linked it into the wiki where you can start uploading your creations, today screen shots, and favorites that you download. Thanks to everyone for all of their work!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=296511

Since I may be in a meeting when this closes, attached are the two likely winners. Thanks, it has been a great way to pass the time waiting for the new ROM!

-mix

Attachments

• xdalive06.jpg
    xdalive06.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 37
  • welcomehead2.96.jpg
    welcomehead2.96.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Contest.zip
    379.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: