[Q] How to Circumvent Carrier Throttling?

Search This thread

tobytenacious

May 25, 2011
Reno, NV
about.me
I'm using my GT-N7100 on Solavei's (MVNO of T mobile) network, and get knocked down to 2g speeds after I hit 4gb data each month. This is usually within 10 days of paying my bill. I've heard that it's possible to change a system file to revoke their ability to do this. Anyone here able to describe this process in detail (specific to gt-n7100? [I currently run 4.3 DNv3]). Thanks in advance...

rodrigorajao

Feb 21, 2009
ProxyDroid

ProxyDroid is your friend. I have the same issue with my carrier.

Set up fake AP and you're set. Look for instructions online for your specific carrier.

Root required!!

Reactions: tobytenacious

tobytenacious

May 25, 2011
Reno, NV
about.me

Set up fake AP and you're set. Look for instructions online for your specific carrier.

Root required!!

I've spent an inordinate amount of time attempting to piece this together now. Sadly, I've yet to figure out how to accomplish what you described here. I've tried fiddling with various combinations of settings in ProxyDroid, to no avail. I've attempted various free VPN and proxy apps as well.:silly:

Right now I am on a business trip away from reliable WIFI, and Solavei has taken this opportunity to reapply it's stranglehold on my data, effectively crippling my productivity and resolve on this trip. :crying:

They added a new option to top off your data plan when it's depleted, but they only offer 500MB/$1O at a time. I've paid an extra $40 in just the past 1.5 hours ! :eek:

Could you possibly expound on your process a bit? I cant keep up like this any longer...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ProxyDroid

Root required!!